What's new

Quarter of Pak Military Budget comes from US aid

Wilco I agree with you. The point is what do we want for our countries and ourselves. If we want to find reasons for our hatred, there are more than plenty that we can find and they will not be wrong.

If we want to look towards the future with optimism, again there are many reasons and examples we can look towards. There will always be many people on both sides who want this enmity to continue and many who want to get on with their lives and be friendly or at least neutral

We can never be friends unless we try to. Think of it.

Regards
Wilco

Jana,

You are a Pathan. As far as your grandparents are concerned, they are of Khan Abdul Gaffar "Badshah" Khan's generation also known in Pathan lands as Sarhaddi Gandhi and who opposed Partition and who founded Khudai Khidmatgar known as Surkh Posh).

God Bless them.

OK Sir Ray this time i owe an appology from you as you know nothing about me so you have no right to Post the above false information about me and my family.

I have no relation not even a distant one atleast with that Ghafar Khan family or even legacy.

so i hope being a Civilized man you would appologize for the above and i also want Overhauling of your comments.

Thanks
God Bless you

Jana,

You claimed you are a Pathan.

Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan was a Pathan and was instrumental in what I have written about his actions.

However, if you are not a Pathan and your grandfather was of the time after the demise of Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan, then yes surely, I offer my most profound and sincere apology, not only to you, but to all of your family.

Salaams,

I hope you guys don't mind letting me join the party...afterall I have been absent, for like what months...:D

Anyways The Pathans, have suffered from time to time. Do you actually think Abdul Gaffar Khan was really sensible? Protesting in the thousands aganist the British, even though the British shot at the protesters. Absolutely shameful... ( yes, I am partly Pathan).

Or what about the Sultanate of Afghanistan? What about the time when the British did something with the Durrand Line? I hope we all remember that! That basically divided the Pathan's land.

Now when I think of it...Trying to create a separate Pathan state today, would weaken both Afghanistan and Pakistan unnecessarily. Instead Uniting both Pakistan & Afghanistan would be better, however due to the current situation and silly leaders we have had in the past...I'm not sure if that will happen in the "Near-Future."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About having friendlier relations with India... is ultimately for the region's benefit. However with Issues such as Kashmir & Rann of Kutch... I doubt if there will be any success.

Mr. Ataturk... did not revolutionize his country correctly...according to a Muslim Perpective. He abolished the Caliphate, which was unecessary, he could have kept a constitutional monarchy just like Britain...He only did so because he wanted to bow down to the Secular world. The Ottoman Caliphate had banned Alcohol, and was the only country in the world to bann the production and Importation of Tobacco into the country.
Obviously Musharraf is a Secularist, just like Ataturk... However we need to be in power only for stability... We need a new Presidential Candidate. Benazir & Nawaz are corrupt while Musharaaf is a Puppet...

Salaams,

I hope you guys don't mind letting me join the party...afterall I have been absent, for like what months...:D

Anyways The Pathans, have suffered from time to time. Do you actually think Abdul Gaffar Khan was really sensible? Protesting in the thousands aganist the British, even though the British shot at the protesters. Absolutely shameful... ( yes, I am partly Pathan).

Or what about the Sultanate of Afghanistan? What about the time when the British did something with the Durrand Line? I hope we all remember that! That basically divided the Pathan's land.

Now when I think of it...Trying to create a separate Pathan state today, would weaken both Afghanistan and Pakistan unnecessarily. Instead Uniting both Pakistan & Afghanistan would be better, however due to the current situation and silly leaders we have had in the past...I'm not sure if that will happen in the "Near-Future."

About having friendlier relations with India... is ultimately for the region's benefit. However with Issues such as Kashmir & Rann of Kutch... I doubt if there will be any success.

Mr. Ataturk... did not revolutionize his country correctly...according to a Muslim Perpective. He abolished the Caliphate, which was unecessary, he could have kept a constitutional monarchy just like Britain...He only did so because he wanted to bow down to the Secular world. The Ottoman Caliphate had banned Alcohol, and was the only country in the world to bann the production and Importation of Tobacco into the country.
Obviously Musharraf is a Secularist, just like Ataturk... However we need to be in power only for stability... We need a new Presidential Candidate. Benazir & Nawaz are corrupt while Musharaaf is a Puppet...

Interesting opinion...

As far as the Afghan and Pashton issue is concerned i have no divide with you on this but to think of a re-union is ....

Attaturk did what at that time was the requirement and served well for Turkiya if not best in case of westernism getting its root to Turkiya, Not much is their to be pleased of but it was required for the future and see how the future of Turkey has unfolded. As for our country the policies are the same as Turkiya but roots of Islamic thinkology is way deep in Pakistan. Being secular for Pakistan doesnot mean necessarily to become like western states, its the choice every person has and should have to go any way with his life what he sees suits him/her right. Eventually it is the people who create the difference in the society of choices. Chose what you wish, noone is going to force you for anything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom