What's new

‘Quit war on terror, eradicate corruption, pay tax’

PureAryan

BANNED
Reaction score

Imran-Khan-Press-conference-Photo-Athar-Khan-Express-640x480.jpg

KARACHI:
The government can draw Pakistan out from the present turmoil if it drags itself out of America’s war, wipes out corruption and ensures everyone pays tax, said Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan on Tuesday.

Addressing a press conference at the Karachi Press Club, the sportsman-turned-politician said corruption has reached its peak and is vigorously dragging the country downhill.

About Pakistan’s role in the war against terrorism, he said we have to quit if we want to stabilise the country. “As long as we’re fighting someone else’s war, we will face the nastiest conditions as people now believe that we are fighting a war against the kuffar (non-believers).

About tax collection, Khan claimed that 90 per cent of the parliamentarians do not pay tax. “We are driving the country deeper into the abyss of foreign loans and 65 per cent of the revenues generated through the tax are being spent on covering the expenses of these loans.”

“If Rs5 billion can be collected for Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and the flood victims in a year, then why cannot people give tax to the government,” he questioned.

During the question-answer session, a journalist asked why he was called a “clean-shaved maulvi”. Khan smiled and said, “Maybe because I was against the Lal Masjid operation and the operation in the tribal areas.”

Published in The Express Tribune, January 12th, 2011.

?Quit war on terror, eradicate corruption, pay tax? – The Express Tribune

quit war on terror: definitely there would be a lull...but it is not the solution...

eradicate corruption: it would mean more support for democratic entities.. but definitely there is bound to be opposition..

pay tax: it might make the economy better and lead as an example... would that be enough though,...

mass gainful employment and change in ideology is the solution..

Absolutely.. Imran has put "First things First" and we essentially need them first to take any 4th step.

Originally Posted by PureAryan View Post
Ahmed
There is a school of thought who wants to partition afghanistan what you say to that

My Aryan brother, although this question was off topic, but i ahve to answer it. if that measure saves many lives from being lost, then why not. nothing is more important than saving people's lives. afghanistan is already a mess and partitioned, partly our fault/stupidity and partly the outsiders' unholy intentions.

3 points he raised and 2 of the points can be summerized as one:

1-Quit war on terror: How does he do it? what will be side effects for paksitan? Could Musharaf say no to Bush when he asked Mush to join him? He didnt/couldnt say no, why?

2-Eradicate corruption/pay taxes: What are his point based plans to implement all of these ideas/plans? How can he do all these apart from the talk, does he have any specific plans for it?

We ordinary people all know that corruption is bad, but how you get rid of it?

dont disagree however he still has missed the very first thing which is eradication of extremism ideology other wise ths suggestion will be a temporary releif

3 points he raised and 2 of the points can be summerized as one:

1-Quit war on terror: How does he do it? what will be side effects for paksitan? Could Musharaf say no to Bush when he asked Mush to join him? He didnt/couldnt say no, why?

2-Eradicate corruption/pay taxes: What are his point based plans to implement all of these ideas/plans? How can he do all these apart from the talk, does he have any specific plans for it?

We ordinary people all know that corruption is bad, but how you get rid of it?

Ans1: Musharaf couldn't say no because he is an indian and indian cant fight and challenge americans, i am pretty sure if we had pushtun or punjabi general he would never have helped americans invade Afghanistan.

Ans2: The corruption can only be removed from the society if our leaders are incorruptible, unpurchasable, honest, public-spirited, generous, honorable and patriotic and khan has these qualities

Ans1: Musharaf couldn't say no because he is an indian and indian cant fight and challenge americans, i am pretty sure if we had pushtun or punjabi general he would never have helped americans invade Afghanistan.

Ans2: The corruption can only be removed from the society if our leaders are incorruptible, unpurchasable, honest, public-spirited, generous, honorable and patriotic and khan has these qualities

Not satisfactory answers, but if you are convinced yourself then it is fine with me.

Policies of gov has nothing to do with race as you mentioned, he was a powerful army general and we all know that powerful pakistani army is different from civilian establishment, he had calculated every possible aspect of not accepting the WoT, he was famousely warned to be with the US or else pakistan would be bombed to stone age, he also never wanted the Taliban to be removed as pak considered them their assests(it's pak's conception, not necessarily to be correct).

As per my understanding, Musharaf was also corruption free, he was in charge for 8 years, but we still see corrption is spreading like cancer, yes a corrption free leader is needed to get rid of corruption, but that is not the only criteria, the cancer of corruption has spread deep even in teh society and much lower ranks. the police, other ordinary officials etc, without a credible plans he will do nothing.

dont disagree however he still has missed the very first thing which is eradication of extremism ideology other wise ths suggestion will be a temporary releif

Extremism was not a problem before the WoT, but since then it has become one - and the first step to root it out is to get rid of these liberal and religious hypocrites sitting in the parliament.

Imran Khan has my vote now and I'm about to start a campaign for him soon... Inshallah. The slogan is; Elect Imran Khan to save Pakistan.

Not satisfactory answers, but if you are convinced yourself then it is fine with me.

Policies of gov has nothing to do with race as you mentioned, he was a powerful army general and we all know that powerful pakistani army is different from civilian establishment, he had calculated every possible aspect of not accepting the WoT, he was famousely warned to be with the US or else pakistan would be bombed to stone age, he also never wanted the Taliban to be removed as pak considered them their assests(it's pak's conception, not necessarily to be correct).

As per my understanding, Musharaf was also corruption free, he was in charge for 8 years, but we still see corruption is spreading like cancer, yes a corrption free leader is needed to get rid of corruption, but that is not the only criteria, the cancer of corruption has spread deep even in teh society and much lower ranks. the police, other ordinary officials etc, without a credible plans he will do nothing.

I dont think any nuclear power can destroy another nuclear state and pakistan was a nuclear state then, Mullah omar didn't have any weapons but he still challenged americans, Saddam hussein iraq was under sanction for decades and his army was a joke and his army still fought, if these countries could challenge americans they why couldn't a nulclear pakistan, this is because we had a general who was too afraid to challenge americans.

Cannot say anything about musharraaf's corruption but he had many corrupt and criminals in his government, we need to start from the top, a general cant rule the country it has to be through civilian efforts who are clean

And please for the love of god, pakistan didn't create taliban, it was only the interior minister in 1997 which described taliban as his boys that world thinks it is our creation,

Back
Top Bottom