What's new

Racism aganist Iranians in more Hollywood movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
well...hollywood mocks everybody......even their own country..

Actually I don't see any major adverse effect towards Iran in 300. 300 is a movie that insulted whole Asia together. Damage created towards Iran's image from propaganda through media barring 300 is significantly greater than this fictional movie. For example Argo, Stoning of Soraya and Not Without My Daughter have done a much much bigger harm. Not to mention mainstream news outlets.that exaggerate everything little thing coming from unfriendly countries of west.

Why do I get notifications for no reason? :blink:

I agree, however, these films because of their emotional impact, and how their manipulate people, they will really work as propaganda tools. Frankly, 300 also made the spartans looks messed up as well. However, in their case, it was based on somewhat evidence. For example, from records, it was said they used to kill newly born babies if they did not deem them healthy enough.

Also yes, all these notification is driving me insane as well. Come on! why do I need to be told if someone posts in a thread I posted????????

I can't wait for that new documentary on the persians,the sequel to 300,i just hope that it follows exact history like the first movie with the greeks and persians !

I can't wait for that new documentary on the persians,the sequel to 300,i just hope that it follows exact history like the first movie with the greeks and persians !

Enjoy it, but please don't take it as 100% factual :)

Actually I don't see any major adverse effect towards Iran in 300. 300 is a movie that insulted whole Asia together. Damage created towards Iran's image from propaganda through media barring 300 is significantly greater than this fictional movie. For example Argo, Stoning of Soraya and Not Without My Daughter have done a much much bigger harm. Not to mention mainstream news outlets.that exaggerate everything little thing coming from unfriendly countries of west.

Why do I get notifications for no reason? :blink:

300 wasn't about the whole of Asia. It was about the Persian empire vs Greek city states (Sparta).

300 wasn't about the whole of Asia. It was about the Persian empire vs Greek city states (Sparta).
It was about Persia but it depicted people all around Asia as barbarians.

Reactions: New
Enjoy it, but please don't take it as 100% factual :)

It is very accurate man,it follows history step by step.That's exactly what happenned,Xerses looks like he looked during those times.The director did his homework.

Exact history? the movie was a complete joke . :omghaha:

It was about Persia but it depicted people all around Asia as barbarians.
Nope. It never mentioned Sri Lanka or China or wherever else. It was a targetted attack against Iranians. They used hunchbacks, disabled people and darker skinned/African people only in order to make Iran look worse (not that there is anything wrong with being dark skinned).

Nope. It never mentioned Sri Lanka or China or wherever else. It was a targetted attack against Iranians. They used hunchbacks, disabled people and darker skinned/African people only in order to make Iran look worse (not that there is anything wrong with being dark skinned).
I think you misunderstood me. I can't remember the exact story since I watched it a long time ago but from what I remember it had Persians sent armies from all around Asia including a Mongoloid army.

I think you misunderstood me. I can't remember the exact story since I watched it a long time ago but from what I remember it had Persians sent armies from all around Asia including a Mongoloid army.

I don't remember that bit. They did use African actors to play some of the Persian soldiers but that is as far as I remember. Anyway the movie didn't state anything bad about Mongolian history or disparage anywhere else in Asia, just Iran. It was our Empire that was mocked, our ancient culture and king. That is why no country from Asia complained about this movie, because it wasn't a personal attack against them. While Iran did publicly complain.

I don't remember that bit. They did use African actors to play some of the Persian soldiers but that is as far as I remember. Anyway the movie didn't state anything bad about Mongolian history or disparage anywhere else in Asia, just Iran. It was our Empire that was mocked, our ancient culture and king. That is why no country from Asia complained about this movie, because it wasn't a personal attack against them. While Iran did publicly complain.
Agreed :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom