What's new

RAFALE VS F-16 BLOCK52+

I am pretty sure PAF have some healthy money! we dont know exactly but i have some info regarding money! in hands of PAF... and they are waiting for MMRCA final decision... after that PAF will play his game! let see RAFALE or EF!! but i am pretty sure PAF not interested to go for further American Fighter!

Pakistan’s foreign exchange reserves came down by $197 million to $17.179 billion by the week ended on April 23, the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) said on Thursday.

Reserves held by the central bank fell by $234 million to $13.675 billion. However, the reserves held by the commercial banks increased to $3.503 billion.

Pakistan’s foreign exchange reserves raced to a record high of $17.95 billion by the week ended on March 26.

The reserves gradually declined to the current level due to scheduled debt repayments.

Sorry but why are they inducting JF17, Block 52's, AWACS, refuellers?? Isn't that to counter IAF so called numerical superirity and qualitative(to some extent)??? They might be busy - don't have money - don't have options as of now - however they will do something about it at some point of time....So in short what could be those options in the current scenario - if i get you right you are saying they don't care about what their enemy no 1 is acquiring right now...i doubt that...
the highlighted part say it all :lol: In one thread you people are suggesting Pakistan should not treat India as enemy number 1. By doing so it is just destroying itself and in other you people suggest that we should counter each and every move India makes. Always going anti-parallel is not a strategy or a plan that can run your country. We are inducting JF17, Block 52's, AWACS, refuellers to modernize our Air force so that it can deal with all the threats not just ENEMY NO 1 India

i doubt EF or Rafeal coming in 5 years. No need to be panic. J-10B is maturing. Lets us see what it can offer. If not up to the mark then go for something else

Pakistan is committed to buying Chinese and it is unlikely they would go for Grippen. JF-17 with advanced avionics and a half descent radar can come close to Grippen. Why would Pakistan invest in a plane with similar capabilities.

Also the foreign exchange with Pakistan is too constrained to buy a descent number of 4+ gen birds from Europe.
Spares and upgrades are a bigger problem than money

we rejecte a bolck 60 F16 an have gone for Rafale/EF.....that itself brings the purpose of this thread to a close.......

p.s: we chose the fighter after evaluating all of them....

I am pretty sure PAF have some healthy money! we dont know exactly but i have some info regarding money! in hands of PAF... and they are waiting for MMRCA final decision... after that PAF will play his game! let see RAFALE or EF!! but i am pretty sure PAF not interested to go for further American Fighter!

Well in this regard PAF can wait for the deal of IAF but this aint the end of road for IAF ... if you counter Rafale or EF now you will have to counter a possible 5 gen fighter in a decade from now...

Money is not a prob for IAF surely...

F 16 is getting outdated.... and i think US wont sell anything more then F16 to PAF

we rejecte a bolck 60 F16 an have gone for Rafale/EF.....that itself brings the purpose of this thread to a close.......

not really. never underestimate the F16 s in capable hands.

already discussed in the thread. Plz read first 2 pages :rolleyes:

Spares and upgrades are a bigger problem than money

U dont forget this deal involves complete TOT .... and they are not stupid to offer such a internationally valued customer such as India a poor service ... its a billion dollor deal... this deal will keep their production line running for decades and hence there wont be spares shortages... this is not 1970s

U dont forget this deal involves complete TOT .... and they are not stupid to offer such a internationally valued customer such as India a poor service ... its a billion dollor deal... this deal will keep their production line running for decades and hence there wont be spares shortages... this is not 1970s

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: :rofl::rofl:

i was talking about Pakistan's reply

you got the context wrong. read b4 u post.

the highlighted part say it all :lol: In one thread you people are suggesting Pakistan should not treat India as enemy number 1. By doing so it is just destroying itself and in other you people suggest that we should counter each and every move India makes. Always going anti-parallel is not a strategy or a plan that can run your country. We are inducting JF17, Block 52's, AWACS, refuellers to modernize our Air force so that it can deal with all the threats not just ENEMY NO 1 India

i doubt EF or Rafeal coming in 5 years. No need to be panic. J-10B is maturing. Lets us see what it can offer. If not up to the mark then go for something else

I want to know the countries who have inducted chinese jets till now... i dont have any knowledge about this....

And had china inducted all the above jets u alking abt in their own arsenel

Obviously Rafale is better otherwise F16IN which was based on block 60 (even better than block 52) would still be in MMRCA.

Currently for me it's like
1. F-22
2. Eurofighter
3. Rafale
4. Gripen/Mig-35/F-16/F-18/Su- 30/J-10 are all in the different league.

the rafale is a niche toy, the EF is underdeveloped and the europeans hope the indians will buy it to finance tranche 3 which is going to be what the plane was always supposed to be.
The F-18 is a fantastic package as is the Grippen

but :
The F-16 is and will be for sometime the top dog .

it is the do it all plane, an air force with F-16s has a capable air defence as well as strike force

is it fast check
is it agile check
is it a good interceptor/dogfighter check
is it a good bomber / check check
is it reliable / check check check
does it carry lots of available weapons readily ? / check check

is it small enough to support/carry/ fit in current bases and shelters / check

does it have good avionics / check
good radar / check

easy to fly / check

good support by LM / check check

i think the list is too long to carry on .. when you have to build an airforce these are the kind of things you may want to look at, not which plane offers more on paper..

the rafale is a lot younger than the F16 and in the article it clearly showed that it was marginally better (or none at all if you count the fact that shots were counted differently) .. and it costs 3-4 times as much if you count maintanance & infastructure as well...
would you really want to invest that much ???

Wrong analysis....Unless and until you figure out the reasons which led to rejection of these planes your conclusions above are going to be faulty...Hypothetically assume and Rafael and Eurofighter both are giving you same technology, i will simply go ahead and reject Eurofighter(on price)...Would that mean Eurofighter is not worthy a fighter viz-a-viz Refael???? TOT and stringent American Laws regarding use of their fighters is a big reason in rejection of their fighters...Yes there is some techonology aspect as well, however F-16 and F-18 are very potent platform and can give rafael or eurofighter run for its money...

Ok so you are looking for some detailed analysis which we have already gone through in hundreds of pages in MMRCA thread.
Let us revise again--------
1. India has no constraint on cost and was looking for best in business fighter.
2. No political pressure, otherwise U.S would have win hands down but thats not the case.
3. Extensive test of performance.

What make you think that MOD will go for any lesser capable air craft? It it has choosen Rafale its surely beats rest of the others.
Technical aspects has been discussed to death.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom