What's new

Reasons why Bangladeshis dislike India.

Hey !! Insulting our lungis is fine, but don't talk about our fish...

And you did not 'give' us anything. Some of us 'allowed' you to liberate Bangladesh, which was in Indira Gandhi's interest as well.

The reason Bengalis have more nobel prizes than other ethnicities in South Asia is the fish.

We like our fish. Take a look. :-)

Restaurants in Dhaka | Page 9
i appreciate your love for fish. but it is in no way the main food of Bangladeshis. fish is not considered a formal kind of food, and having a fish item when eating out is rare; in fact it has got trendy very recently. so much talk of fish overshadows the importance of items around beef, mutton and fowls, and misrepresents the sophistication and diversity of the cuisine of Bangladeshis. btw fish is way more important in Indian states next to Bangladesh

i appreciate your love for fish. but it is in no way the main food of Bangladeshis. fish is not considered a formal kind of food, and having a fish item when eating out is rare; in fact it has got trendy very recently. so much talk of fish overshadows the importance of items around beef, mutton and fowls, and misrepresents the sophistication and diversity of the cuisine of Bangladeshis. btw fish is way more important in Indian states next to Bangladesh
There is nothing wrong with fish or lungis. It is part of the local culture which should be given a chance to bloom, even when we are united. I strongly hold that lots of us urdu speakers were the ones who caused problems for Bengalis. Keep posting.

There is nothing wrong with fish or lungis. It is part of the local culture which should be given a chance to bloom, even when we are united. I strongly hold that lots of us urdu speakers were the ones who caused problems for Bengalis. Keep posting.

He is trying to say that fish isn't our only staple food, despite it being discussed a lot. The poor sell and consume fish a lot as it can be their only means of income and our country is riverine. On a good day they might go to the bazar and buy meat.

Lungi is very comfortable I don't see know issue our prophet a garment exactly the same as lungi called izza. The somalis wear macawi and malaysians wear the sarong, South indians wear dhoti and burmese wear lungyi. Infact i wear lungi before i go sleep everynight. lol.

Heart of the problem lies in Indian big brotherly attitude and ignoring the Bangladeshi concern related to bilateral issues.Indian govt and a large fraction of its peoples are very mean minded.They only want without giving any reciprocal benefit.They want a subservient Bangladesh akin to sikkim,bhutan.But a nation of 160 millions can't be turned into sikkim,bhutan and Indian seems like to not understand it.Thats the problem.

i appreciate your love for fish. but it is in no way the main food of Bangladeshis. fis but it is in no way the main food of h is not considered a formal kind of food, and having a fish item when eating out is rare; in fact it has got trendy very recently. so much talk of fish overshadows the importance of items around beef, mutton and fowls, and misrepresents the sophistication and diversity of the cuisine of Bangladeshis. btw fish is way more important in Indian states next to Bangladesh

I respectfully disagree with you.Our 80 percent need of animal protein still comes from fish.Meat might be more eaten in Urban areas but the vast majority who lives in villages still mostly depend on fish.And you know Bangladesh is the 4th largest producer of rice and 5th largest producer of fish in the world.We are proud to be ' Mache Vaate Bengali'.:-):-):-)

There is nothing to be ashaimed for being a fish eater.The most prolific fish eater in the world are the Scandinavian and Japanese and you see their intelligence and achievement.The Indian who are mocking Bangladeshi for eating fish are the real miser in the world.

Last edited:
I hate putting labels on everything. You can't really generalize on people's cultural habits and then base love/hate on it. I've traveled the world for so many years and yet met some great people on both sides of the border right in South Asia.

It's the age of the Internet and it's a cryin' shame that govts. or vested quarters in either country (Bangladesh/India) can still manipulate us to serve their own interests.

We should be ashamed that instead of finding out more similarities about each other we Desis instead look for differences and then find a way to hate on each other...Sad.

The competition in South Asia should be about education, literacy and nutrition rates and not on how many more, faster, better missiles we have. Read up about Amartya Sen. He is _the_ sage of our day.

See on this video (at around the 6:00 minute mark) that he remarks that the mental well being of a nation depends on the reduction of hatred among groups.

In this one below he expounds on why Bangladesh has better social indicators (education, nutrition etc.) in spite of having half the per capita GDP of India.

Last edited:
If you guys hate India so much then why do your citizens try to enter India illegally??/

I learned somewhere that there nearly 5 crs Bangalishi illegal immigrants living inside Indian especially in Assam region....

If you guys hate India so much then why do your citizens try to enter India illegally??/

I learned somewhere that there nearly 5 crs Bangalishi illegal immigrants living inside Indian especially in Assam region....

Well I'll take the bait though I shouldn't.

Explain - 'your citizens'...

Explain - '5 crores' and 'Bangalishi (sp?) illegal immigrants'...and 5 crores is quite a large number, almost one third of Bangladesh' populace...

Unless one can establish these claims 'beyond reproach' that these are just propaganda. If one can't prove then one need not claim as such. Your term 'I learned somewhere' falls under 'hearsay' - if I may point out...and is again - propaganda.

Yep I read it somewhere and yes I agree it is a hearsay....

Let us say it is a propoganda by Indian establishment...

Then explain to me how come near half of Assam is now Bangalishi immigrants...

Hasina is the PM.

So the Majority of BD supported Hasina.

Simple conclusion: Majority of BD like Hasina. Hasina like India. So Majority of BD either like India or are neutral.

The haters are the BIG LOOSERS and IN MINORITY JAMATIS. :P :P

Infact Majority of BDs hate these minority, illiterate and narrow minded Jamatis, who are hell bent on spoiling the futute of Progressive BD Majority.

Yep I read it somewhere and yes I agree it is a hearsay....

Let us say it is a propoganda by Indian establishment...

Then explain to me how come near half of Assam is now Bangalishi immigrants...

You know a large portion of the NorthEast population does speak Bengali. Doesn't mean they're from Bangladesh. But if you say that they are - then so be it. No point arguing...

For that matter there are millions of illegal Indian workers in Bangladesh. Last count was that they were remitting about US$3.7 billion to the Indian economy yearly. Bangladesh is the fifth largest remittance source for Indian economy per 2013 statistics, the remittance numbers are a lot higher now I bet.

You know a large portion of the NorthEast population does speak Bengali. Doesn't mean they're from Bangladesh. But if you say that they are - then so be it. No point arguing...

For that matter there are millions of illegal Indian workers in Bangladesh. Last count was that they were remitting about US$3.7 billion to the Indian economy yearly. Bangladesh is the fifth largest remittance source for Indian economy per 2013 statistics, the remittance numbers are a lot higher now I bet.

Thanks for bringing in some Survey....

Here is what wikipedia says about illegal immigrants in india

Illegal immigration in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is what same wikipedia says about number of Illegal Indian immgirants in Bangladesh

Indians in Bangladesh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Heart of the problem lies in Indian big brotherly attitude and ignoring the Bangladeshi concern related to bilateral issues.Indian govt and a large fraction of its peoples are very mean minded.They only want without giving any reciprocal benefit.They want a subservient Bangladesh akin to sikkim,bhutan.But a nation of 160 millions can't be turned into sikkim,bhutan and Indian seems like to not understand it.Thats the problem.

I respectfully disagree with you.Our 80 percent need of animal protein still comes from fish.Meat might be more eaten in Urban areas but the vast majority who lives in villages still mostly depend on fish.And you know Bangladesh is the 4th largest producer of rice and 5th largest producer of fish in the world.We are proud to be ' Mache Vaate Bengali'.:-):-):-)

There is nothing to be ashaimed for being a fish eater.The most prolific fish eater in the world are the Scandinavian and Japanese and you see their intelligence and achievement.The Indian who are mocking Bangladeshi for eating fish are the real miser in the world.
where did you even come up with that number "80%"? what a joke.

i grew up with a lot of connection with the countryside. it's hard to get that much protein from fish as it is very bone dense. and i personally like fish btw. in the country, fowls are most common source of protein in the SE and also Central BD at least. historically fish was probably more predominant in the impoverished Muslim parts of Bengal than in better-off Hindu parts, because of affordability. but fish is not seen as respectable a food by Muslims as it is by Hindus. "mach e bhat e Bengali" is a Hindu concept. don't try to impose what was not meant for Muslims. please note this is only from my observation in Bangladesh context. even among Punjabi Pakistanis, fish might be less consumed but very esteemed kind of food.
He is trying to say that fish isn't our only staple food, despite it being discussed a lot. The poor sell and consume fish a lot as it can be their only means of income and our country is riverine. On a good day they might go to the bazar and buy meat.

Lungi is very comfortable I don't see know issue our prophet a garment exactly the same as lungi called izza. The somalis wear macawi and malaysians wear the sarong, South indians wear dhoti and burmese wear lungyi. Infact i wear lungi before i go sleep everynight. lol.
Nailed it bro

there is nothing wrong with fish until when talking about it overshadows our entire cuisine. i'm saying this because i actually respect my local culture. have you heard of Old Dhaka's kebab's? probably not, because all you hear from BD people (as taught by Hindus) is fish, fish, fish, bengali, fish, fish.

i'm sorry the highlighted part is BS. it is correct in the sense that Urdu speakers were not smart enough to know about Bengal and kept letting Hindus and leftists get stronger and stronger, while the pro-Muslim Bengalis got weaker and weaker, and the Urdu speakers were of little help. we are paying the price today. but then how many Urdu speaking leaders were even there? i would guess a substantial amount. after all until 1958, United Pakistan was dominated by a very military-centric Bengali person at the very top.

Back
Top Bottom