What's new

Rediscover Paradise - Swat

Icarus

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
When a Portuguese friend told me he was planning to visit Swat with his family in early 2010, I told him to stand down as Swat was yet to put on it's game face, which had been marred by the Taliban's reign of destruction followed by the military offensive that finally expelled them from this once haven of peace. Swat has been a tourist hotspot for the last 60 years or so and the people depend on tourists for their livelihood. Eloquently nicknamed "The Switzerland of the East" and "Heaven on Earth" Swat was a tourist magnet and attracted a number of foreign tourists looking to "Go Native" and connect with nature. Now Swat is probably one of the safest places in Pakistan with only one terrorist attack since 2009. The bi-annual Buddhist pilgrimage has seen four parties visit without incident, members of these parties included: Srilankan, Indian, Chinese, German and American monks as well as regular Buddhists. Now Swat is ready to open it's arms yet again to the world.
I invite you to visit Swat and rediscover paradise.

Tour Swat | Rediscover the paradise

Last edited by a moderator:
Swat is truly a piece of heaven on Earth!

..................without yankees

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

I remember when Malam Jaba was quickly becoming a Ski Resort of international repute. Those Talib bastardz destroyed it and years of hard work was lost in an instant.

same talib bastardz are invited to negotiate with americans

I remember when Malam Jaba was quickly becoming a Ski Resort of international repute. Those Talib bastardz destroyed it and years of hard work was lost in an instant.

And this:

269528_224347830933549_168598359841830_721541_7117597_n.jpg

Shandur Polo ground.

Thanks Kakgeta. Wish the background music was in the local lingo. The clip would have been even more captivating.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Come again ?

Thanks Kakgeta. Wish the background music was in the local lingo. The clip would have been even more captivating.

Urdu is the language spoken mostly in and around Swat, everybody knows Pushto and are pukhtun but Urdu is the language of choice for most people.

talibans were in side the ski resort it was the army whole shelled the resort

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

so you want to fight with them ?? and want to bring more destruction in pakistan ?

Actually, promoting international tourism rather than hatred would do wonders for the local and national economy.

talibans were in side the ski resort it was the army whole shelled the resort

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

so you want to fight with them ?? and want to bring more destruction in pakistan ?

No way! Source ?

Back
Top Bottom