What's new

Religious violence erupts in Myanmar

Why do you derail a serious topic about the slaughter of innocent people in Burma with discussions on whether India is a super power or not. And you bemoaned the fact earlier that nobody cares about the plight of "these Muslims"
@PlanetWarrior I did not derail...It was an honest question which arose because I have seen more than 2 threads where India has been proclaimed as super power or NEXT SUPER POWER or SUPER POWER IN THE BECOMING or something along those lines...So, I was questioning THAT super power why it hadnt acted!

Last edited by a moderator:
Veto is used to stop UN from embarking on something, not on instigating something, you sounds very desperate.

i was referring veto power to show him that China has significant position in UN

Ahh so that Buddha statue in your house is not really for decorative or ornamental purposes as you earlier claimed in another thread :D

It is for cultural purposes. :D

I am an Atheist and a cultural Buddhist.

Buddhism is in fact an integral part of Chinese culture. Which everyone knows.

So it baffles me why people on this forum constantly expect me to support the Rohingas against the Buddhists.

I am in favor of non-intervention, as always. I don't see one side as good and one side as evil. I see plenty of provocation on either side.

too many blocs :unsure:

But not a single one in Sth Asia ....goes to show you how stupid our people are. As FaujiHistorian correctly pointed out in another thread ...the descendants of the multiple Indian kingdoms (Bangladesh, Pakistan and India) have learnt nothing from the Rajas who ruled them previously, namely ...call in the outsiders to help you in fights between yourselves. When the outsider is done with your enemy brother, he will turn on you

not muslim ... so called muslim

Hardly matters. It's like saying Islamic terrorists are not actual Muslims, does that really matter?

My point was everyone looks after their interests in this world. For countries their national interest trumps all other interests. Similarly you and the Pakistanis here wouldn't be so concerned about these Rohingyas if they were not Muslims. We saw that when Sri Lankan Army was indiscriminately killing their Tamils and bombing those hospitals(Just to be clear I am not a LTTE supporter/sympathizer). Pakistanis were lapping up those acts at that time.

Guys this is pretty disgusting even defending these actions make me sick to the stomach but @Talon, you have to stop being an idealist and look from lens of realist and i do see the double standard, which is hilarious especially from my inde mon amis barring some decent members that admito being realist across all fronts, which i respect. However emotional responses will not help based on past precdence and sorry to my pakisna brother but you are being hypocrites as u called us canadien out on our human rights and yet you are not helping out the folks downin myanamar, or is it that your hr record is terrible but i am pissed right now because of croc tears and mon paye got humiliated on our hr, atleast we helped our too our best ability in haiti and pakistan regardless less of religion or creed ala dart and i can show the pics for that. I am not trying to undermine the cause but find it funny that hypocrites r complaining and when in fact there countries commit torture. I feel the pain but at the same time, our people r losing jobs and there is only so much we can do from humanitarian side. Also once again i was not trying to rub pakistan folk as a reminder of help and indact we did it out of principle just like pakistan would hhave done had we been in such a tragedy as kashmir earthquake

OK lets take a different angel...

Whose gonna stop their Buddhist bros from becoming world class butchers?! Its more about HUMANITY then about BUDDHISM then ISLAM!

When people claiming to be Muslims go around killing ISLAM is put to trial...Should we throw Buddhism into the TERRORISM screening? So next time a Bhuddhist should be screened twice and any crime done should be followed with..."oh surely its a monk!"

@PlanetWarrior I did not derail...It was an honest question which arose because I have seen more than 2 threads where India has been proclaimed as super power or NEXT SUPER POWER or SUPER POWER IN THE BECOMING or something along those lines...So, I was questioning THAT super power why it hadnt acted!

So go start a new thread on that. Don't bring the India Pakistan antagonism into a thread which is discussing the plight of people getting slaughtered in the land of their birth

OK lets take a different angel...

Whose gonna stop their Buddhist bros from becoming world class butchers?! Its more about HUMANITY then about BUDDHISM then ISLAM!

When people claiming to be Muslims go around killing ISLAM is put to trial...Should we throw Buddhism into the TERRORISM screening? So next time a Bhuddhist should be screened twice and any crime done should be followed with..."oh surely its a monk!"

Nope that wouldn't happen until the Buddhists blow up a building somewhere else or hurl a bomb at some country which they emigrated to etc. I'm sure you get the picture

and you fool, your long term interest in it too, if some how muslim extremist rise in our region that can harm china, you will start crying, so before too late do something

What?

You know Muslim extremists are already committing terrorist attacks against us in Xinjiang, right?

This was happening long before the Burma riots.

They already hate us for being "kaffirs". This has been happening all over the world already, why would the extremists/terrorists spare us?

Do you actually expect me to sympathize with them when they do the same to other countries?

too many blocs :unsure:

@jaunty that film plays in your mind only!

There is no film playing in my mind, I am just telling you the truth as it is. We have seen it all before.

Guys this is pretty disgusting even defending these actions make me sick to the stomach but @Talon, you have to stop being an idealist and look from lens of realist and i do see the double standard, which is hilarious especially from my inde mon amis barring some decent members that admito being realist across all fronts, which i respect. However emotional responses will not help based on past precdence and sorry to my pakisna brother but you are being hypocrites as u called us canadien out on our human rights and yet you are not helping out the folks downin myanamar, or is it that your hr record is terrible but i am pissed right now because of croc tears and mon paye got humiliated on our hr, atleast we helped our too our best ability in haiti and pakistan regardless less of religion or creed ala dart and i can show the pics for that. I am not trying to undermine the cause but find it funny that hypocrites r complaining and when in fact there countries commit torture. I feel the pain but at the same time, our people r losing jobs and there is only so much we can do
@liontk for the past month Indians have been pointing out Pakistan's prob and during elections many Pakistanis themselves brought out how many probs we had while Indians have always been comparing themselves as better and more stable, THIS is why we asked them WHY in the NAME OF HUMANITY are they silent?

Got repeated answer regarding interest in the area...So next time anyone anyone raises a finger towards SAUDI ARABIA...they should shut it with the interest in the area or whatnot, do you agree?

If it's not about religion then why don't you ask us to we intervene in the countries that are suffering the most? Like Somalia?

You only ask us when it comes to some riots in Burma.

Even "IF" we were an interventionist country, I still wouldn't want us to intervene in Burma. There are plenty of other places in the world that have bigger problems.

If it truly is about "humanity first" then people would be more worried about Somalia than Burma. Since their suffering is far worse.

Somalia is in Africa. And for the record, Bangladesh did (and still has some) have troops placed over there under the UN along with Pakistan and Malaysia.

We are no supapowa, but we do what we can do for the service of The Ummah (or whatever is left of it) and the world.
472px-Logo-Operation_United_Shield.jpg

Let's get some things straight. Refugees have been pouring in from Myanmar to neighboring nations for decades. And the post-Junta era situation hasn't improved that aspect one bit.

Pouring refugees translates into more security volatility for neighboring states. Bangladesh alone hosts more than half a million refugees from Myanmar ever since the late 70's.

Something needs to be done about that annoying country. It surprises me that China or ASEAN doesn't seem at all bothered in controlling that errand boy of their's after all these decades.

If we look back at Yugoslavia, a similar situation did exist. By the very moment refugees starting pouring from that country to other European nations, that country was smashed into pieces.

In fact, I have come to believe that any country spilling refugees into neighboring nations is to be translated into an incitement of war.

If China doesn't make a name for itself, it'll never match the United States in power. Interference is necessary to take that power.

Since China is the main weapons supplier to Myanmar, they should at least bear some responsibility.

Another thing, those Islamist mercenaries can be real nasty if they ever pop their heads somewhere. They fight dirty and never fight fair. Yes, once they are done with the West, they'll turn their attention to China.

And no, I'm not talking about those petty militant groups in Xinjiang.

Just saying, better safe than sorry.

Nope that wouldn't happen until the Buddhists blow up a building somewhere else or hurl a bomb at some country which they emigrated to etc. I'm sure you get the picture

so you do not want to take proactive measurement before someone gets killed ?

So go start a new thread on that. Don't bring the India Pakistan antagonism into a thread which is discussing the plight of people getting slaughtered in the land of their birth
It was in reply to 1 post I did not bring it forth unless asked! So, if you kindly stop bringing it up in everyother post of yours, the topic will die off...

Then Indians should not question the killing of minorities in other countries! Fair?

so you do not want to take proactive measurement before someone gets killed ?

@BDforever isnt it always the case, not until someone OF THEIR OWN gets hurt everyone is silent!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom