What's new

Replacement of Pakistan Army's G-3 Rifles.

which?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but I don't know why. MG-3 should have been sufficient.

Yeah...

What the heck is the purpose of this thing?

It is not man portable unlike MG3, it doesn't have the same rate of fire (??), the range or anything.

I would still go for a MG3 all day long.

Yeah...

What the heck is the purpose of this thing?

It is not man portable unlike MG3, it doesn't have the same rate of fire (??), the range or anything.

I would still go for a MG3 all day long.

But it can share ammo,

hi, it's just a mg3 on elevated tripod good for use from a fixed firing position like a sandbagged machine gun nest.

looks amazing..what is the status.isnt the mass production of this already started.

what are the upgrades to this new rifle from the existing g3?

Gen.Kayani-Visits-Lahore-To-Witness-Training-of-Small-Arms-Firing.jpg

@farhana_9909 : Wrror, is that a modified G3 ? :what:

If yes then can existing G3s be modified to this standard or does one need to produce an altogether new one in the workshop & that this isn't kinda like a F-16 type MLU in a G3's context ?

What do you say @nuclearpak ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes these are upgraded G-3 rifles and the pictures have been posted earlier. Existing G-3s can be (will be) modified to what is seen in the pictures. Chinese LY001 Red *** sight will be made compulsory for all, G-3 and MP-5.

Yes these are upgraded G-3 rifles and the pictures have been posted earlier. Existing G-3s can be (will be) modified to what is seen in the pictures. Chinese LY001 Red *** sight will be made compulsory for all, G-3 and MP-5.

Mate it looks very nice & I'm sure its quite effective as well; so does that mean that our plans to procure a replacement for the G3 aren't in the works anymore ?

@farhana_9909 : Wrror, is that a modified G3 ? :what:

If yes then can existing G3s be modified to this standard or does one need to produce an altogether new one in the workshop & that this isn't kinda like a F-16 type MLU in a G3's context ?

What do you say @nuclearpak ?

Yes, that is the new modified G3, grip, bipod (optional), RDS and picattiny rail and also the retractable stock.

All will be made to this standard now, magr thora time lagay ga.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate it looks very nice & I'm sure its quite effective as well; so does that mean that our plans to procure a replacement for the G3 aren't in the works anymore ?
Not for about another decade till G3 gets replaced. So, as alternate, they're making the existing solution more reliable.

instead of naming it modified g3

they should have given it a local name.
because the modification is heavy not minor

I just hope its not another one of them 'Al-G3' type thing ! :hitwall:

I've had too much of Al-Khalid & Al-Nasrs already ! :unsure:

Any data on how much weight the new variant has shed, or whether the jamming and recoil problems have been dealt with effectively?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom