What's new

Replacing the F-16: Will Pakistan’s Top Fighter Squadron Transition to Chinese J-10Cs?

She broke this news from Shigar, Northern Pakistan ...(her time line on twitter)

I agreed with following,
Based on all above, the JF-17bk-03 NOT much more advance than J-10C and in no way a hybrid of J-10C and J-20. Yes, it has MAWS ans like the J-10C the same weapon package of J-20, which has long been confirmed on J-10C. And even if the helmet of JF-17C resemblance the one of the J-20 it will never be a 5th gen aircraft. J-10C has demonstrated repeatedly it could take down the Russian Su-35 and in occasions even China's own J16's. J10-C uses many of J20 techs including AESA, IRST, helmets, and missiles.. J10C is classified as a light but actually a mid-weight fighter. It could host a larger-diameter AESA radar than JF-17, F16V, and Rafale can.
Follow this trusted news,
""" HSIA-House for Strategic & International Affairs- @HSIAPak, · Jul 5
#Pakistan is set to receive 36 J10-Cs semi-stealth, 4.5 gen advanced fighter Jets from #China by the end of 2021. #HSIA #Defence #SouthAsia """
Eva 郑 عائشة - @evazhengll-Chinese Citizen
CONCLUSION::
Pakistan must, replace older jets .To counter India's Rafales, J10C should be imported until large quantity of JF-17C's can be fielded. JF-17 B# will be ready at least 2023 , if all the testings go smoothly. PAF needs many squadrons of J-10C to avoid the mistake made by Armenia. The alternative cost of losing a war is so, so much greater than two squadrons of J10C's

I'm still skeptical of the J-10C export claims. They've cried wolf so many times before that I'll remain suspicious until there is confirmation from CAC or PAF.
Agreed. Wait and see. I don't think PAF is in desperate need at this time however it must start thinking about next moves very soon.

Following is a highly reputable, accurate news source and nobody/ no forum member is more true , authenticated than this source,
"" HSIA-House for Strategic & International Affairs- @HSIAPak, · Jul 5
#Pakistan is set to receive 36 J10-Cs semi-stealth, 4.5 gen advanced fighter Jets from #China by the end of 2021. #HSIA #Defence #SouthAsia """

Following is a highly reputable, accurate news source and nobody/ no forum member is more true , authenticated than this source,
"" HSIA-House for Strategic & International Affairs- @HSIAPak, · Jul 5
Few more months, let's wait until the end of 2021, it will be passed just like 2019 and 2020.

Well said, Deino. Heard enough of these Pak posters saying W10B not ready when J10B with WS10B demonstrated cobra and falling leaves, PLAAF skip Russian engines to field a couple hundred J10C with WS10B engines. Earlier J10's crashed because they used AL-31's.
Oh wait, they said PAF is waiting for J35 deliveries. :) Well, it's not going to happen. J35's will be deployed against the West's F35, F22, F15, F16, and possibly Rafale's in East Asia and in the oceans China's aircraft carriers sail. As such, China probably doesn't want to export J35 so other countries could find out its capabilities through India and countries that exercise with PAF. China could afford not to export J35.
FYI j31/35 is for export (When its ready) its J20 that not for export

I have been saying for months the PAF will acquire 50-70 J-10C models. 36 is the initial batch on an emergency basis. I expect a minimum of 3 squadrons (48 aircrafts) in the short term (1 year).

As stated before the J-10C makes up for the numbers that need to be replaced. The Mirage 5s need to look forward to retirement :D key news is that they will come with PL15/PL-5X. These will be equipped across platform with the JF17s as well. I can comfortably say that in the next few years the PAF will have atleast 120+ Fighters more capable than the existing 18 F-16 block 50/52 :D

HQ-9b will also be arriving in Pakistan hopefully by the end of this year or early next.

Credible??

20210709_222116.jpg

I'm still skeptical of the J-10C export claims. They've cried wolf so many times before that I'll remain suspicious until there is confirmation from CAC or PAF.

The only reason PAF may go for J-10s is to make up numbers;
There is no other logical reason to go for a platform like F-16 or J-10 otherwise.

Any aircraft induction takes years upon years in terms of setting up supply lines, storage facilities,
making up repair and maintenance facilities, man power etc. By the time PAF may incur the above
technology gap may take the scenario some place else.

Lets assume (5-7) years should today the contract is signed. This means PAF has bet on J-10.
Come 2026 / 2027 the sensor technology, and combat requirements may have been rewritten
considering how fast things are changing.

Thus, my assertion that PAF most probably would like to focus on keeping up with the technology train.

Regards.
because delta canards are sensitive to centre of gravity, fuel sloshing about in conformal tanks increase the risk of departure from controlled flight. The Europeans have all but given up on the idea.

That statement is not correct.
Canards have multiple roles in different aircraft.
Canard maybe used as a control surface to make up what a pure delta lacks.
The elevon is not enough for sudden reactions.

Sometimes a canard and an elevators are both present on an aircraft (Sukhoi).
Sometimes a canard is used only to enhance the aerodynamic characteristics of the delta wing (late Mirage) or the B1B Lancer, where the fixed canard was added only improve handling at low altitudes.

Regards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom