What's new

Replacing the F-16: Will Pakistan’s Top Fighter Squadron Transition to Chinese J-10Cs?

Kindly compare these three helmet mount sight system. This will validate my point that we do not need new Chinese fighter
View attachment 757488View attachment 757489View attachment 757490
As early mentioned that JF-17bk-03 much more advance than J-10C (my opinion). It is a hybrid of J-10C and J-20.
It will have MAWS of J-10C and have the same weapon package of J-20, which even we did not see on J-10C.
Look at helmet of JF-17C which have closed resemblance to J-20. Which is 5th gen aircraft.

Time for blk4 and 5 to be on the design block. there is a lot of potential still; more composites, better engine. HMS + AESA will be the game changers.

J10C is still too new for this; maintenance, new engine facilities etc - even if you get it; it will take years to get complete handle on it. On the other hand f-16 door is closed; i dont see anywhere mama Kamala will allow F16 to be given to Pak.

Time for blk4 and 5 to be on the design block. there is a lot of potential still; more composites, better engine. HMS + AESA will be the game changers.

J10C is still too new for this; maintenance, new engine facilities etc - even if you get it; it will take years to get complete handle on it. On the other hand f-16 door is closed; i dont see anywhere mama Kamala will allow F16 to be given to Pak.

If you remember from day 1 I kept harping about J-10 we should've had a squadron or two, to train and develop tactics on, could have given a good high-low mix in greater numbers to possibly even erode the Indian numerical advantage to some degree.

On top our assault back on India Feb 27th could've allowed us to test the interoperability of J-10/JF-17 together and provided us more data.

As for your comments on Block 4 & Block 5 that is a possibility but I feel the air frame is some what restrictive in regards to AESA and Payload. My only one disappointment was you've had F-16s and exposure to other platforms they could have come up with a design that gives better upgrading room down the road. One would think the air force involved the load out hard points would also be at the top to at least match what the F-16 has.

Last edited:
If you remember from day 1 I kept harping about J-10 we should've had a squadron or two, to train and develop tactics on, could have given a good high-low mix in greater numbers to possibly even erode the Indian numerical advantage to some degree.

On top our assault back on India Feb 27th could've allowed us to test the interoperability of J-10/JF-17 together and provided us more data.

As for your comments on Block 4 & Block 5 that is a possibility but I feel the air frame is some what restrictive in regards to AESA and Payload. My only one disappointment was you've had F-16s and exposure to other platforms they could have come up with a design that gives better upgrading room down the road. One would think the air force involved the load out hard points would also be at the top to at least match what the F-16 has.
true but j10 was not ready. was should have happened is had a few as a colab... just like j-7 became j-7p.

Who told you all this?
Sooner or later, Relations will be normalized. 2nd Turk AESA radar will be available near future, probably 2023. J-10C from avionics side is a great aircraft but its engine whether Ws-10 or Al-31 is not reliable.
3rd induction of new aircraft require complete new infrastructure and time which require money.
Why i did not mention weapons of J-10C because all weapons of J-10C and JF-17 block 3 are same. So no need to induct an additional Chinese aircraft.
Even Block-03 have a better engine, also PAC is now master of RD-93 engines.

Use standard font size.

With MLU airframe was timed to zero Hour they won't be retired anytime soon 8000hrs airframe time.
There original airframe was 4000 hrs after MLU it become 8000 hrs in total,( not 4000 +8000) if we goes for V update in future then there airframe life will be 12000 hrs in total
Without V upgrades they will be outdated this decade can be used as 2nd line jet what PGs are today
Yes if not upgraded to V upgrade then this can be possible role post 2030 for non block 52 F16s

With current development and soon restrictions are coming to Pakistan & Turkey, we should forget V upgrading or any sale coming soon to us.

With current development and soon restrictions are coming to Pakistan & Turkey, we should forget V upgrading or any sale coming soon to us.
Not on Pakistan soon as of Afghanistan .. they will eventually but are very much away

I would love to see CFT incorporated into future versions of the JF-17 or even J-10. This version could replace the Mirage 5 for long range strike missions and would provide the PAF a long range strike capability without the need to arial refueling.

Even having a few dozen of each jet with CFT to compliment the existing F-16 block C/D would be a huge force multiplier providing the PAF capabilities that only the Israeli Air force has in the region.

Back
Top Bottom