What's new

Retooling Pakistani Military

Hi Iceman,

Even PMA cadets have long hair on the top---you think the u s generals hair cut is short---my man---that is a typical corporate usa hair cut.

Moha---how are you young man---it all looks like a sob-story---put something original and of substance.

Merey baalon ka peecha chore do bhai .. pehlay hi girr rahay hain :D:D

Many a poeple are of the view that since both Pakistan and India have gone nuclear, the possibility of a conventional war has practically diminished. That in fact is not the case. The possibility of a limited conflict b/w pakistan and india still persists. That is y the Indians went ahead and changed their entire defence doctrine from Sunderji to Cold Start. Do read Cold Start Strat and it will be a great eye opener for those who deny the possibility of Pak-India conventional armd conflict.

^ Yes, recent Indian Army exercises clearly show the picture.

Such adventure can easily be pawn off with raising SSGs (which is being done) and need for more helicopters as well as better communications between AF and Army.

I wonder how it is going to look like with both sides dropping its soldiers in each others territory! :lol:

Iceman,

Trust me---I am a firm believer of 'cold start'---scares the day lights out of me---if it is still on this board---I wrote a piece a few years ago on this baord on cold start and what india will do and where they would attack and what the targets would be---you will be surprised iceman---at how many pakistanis are ignorant about cold start---and how many get mad when they don't understand the consequnces and fury unleashed by cold start---.

Our sister board pak def . info did not like my article---analysis of cold start, 3 plus years ago---after my harsh analysis I was welcome no more on the board---even, a so called active millitary man going by a christian name made fun of my writings and told me I was too much reading into fictions---you---another millitary man surprise me---.

If I was an indian general---cold start is the way I would go---not even 72 hrs I would give to bring pakistan to its knees---pakistan would be so broken down after the first 48 hours of my attack that it would not have any form of communications with the rest of the world available except for messenger pigeons---if there are any left.

But then if I was a pakistani general---I would have the call center cities in india as my first, second, third, fourth and fifth targets out of the first ten----if I went down---the rest of the world would also go down with me as well---. If india breaks my bones, the rest of the world will be bankrupt as well.

Cold start is deadly, only if india can stop pakistan from launching any retaliatory strikes at all--

Webby,

In my understanding of cold start, there maynot be the need to drop troops in the other country---even though india can drop a large numbers, concentrated in any area. Cold start would target strategic travel choke points---pakistan has many a vulnerable cut offs.

Pakistan will have only and only one way ticket where it would like to take many a partners to share the ride into the wild blue.

All plans go awry once the conflict actually start. Indian cold start doctorine is similar in concept to the Manheim's 'Blitzkreik'. However all it needs is one lone nuke missile strike on one of the major Indian cities to kill a million men.
Besides, cold start also implies lowering the nuclear threshold. Therefore IMO, while possibility of a limited conventional conflict with India such as Kargil episode, cannot be ruled out; any major conflict is sure to result in a nuclear exchange with ' assured mutual destruction ' and therefore less likely.

Main point to ponder; will India risk killing millions of the countrymen with the hope that at the end India, being larger; India will still have many parts in the South and the East remaining largely unscathed. And will Pakistan's leadership have the guts to retaliate by nukes knowing that at the end nothing will be left of Pakistan. My fear is that current Pakistani political leadership may not have the stomach for it and would rather capitulate and thus India could risk calling the nuclear bluff. IMO this is the concept behind Indian cold start.

I feel that confrontation when India had a million armed soldiers on our borders ended without any action, because Indians knew that Musharraf will fight. Nawaz Sharif on the other hand has already capitulated at Kargil and is likely to do the same again.

hmm .. well ..honestly speaking ... things are not as bad as they appear to be .... Pakistan obviously is not sitting idle over the issue and is bringing about requisite changes and developments at the conventional doctrine front to meet the cold start.... there is a very large school of thought amongst Pakistani mil top brass .. who out rightly deny manifestation of cold start ... and yet there are others who beleive it is possible and rather on its way to materialization as well ....
i cant obviously divulge details here ... but as far as open studies are concerned .. i would like the interested readers to look up a research paper ....i am not sure of the link since i have it on a hard copy...the paper goes with the name of A Cold Start for Hot Wars: An Assessment of the Indian Army's New Limited War Doctrine...presented at....2007 Political Studies Association Annual Conference at University of Bath . Do read it in details and critically analyse it as well .... it is a great insight as to what Indians are looking at and how Pakistan is expected to react to it ...
I can say no further but i can assure you .. Pakistan Army has come up with a credible anti-dote for COLD START.. and that too on a convetional warfare lvl ... and even practiced it out on a number of tac and op lvl ... I can understand the hype created by this new doctrine but well .... we are also not sitting idle ... :D :pakistan:

Hi Iceman,

Even PMA cadets have long hair on the top---you think the u s generals hair cut is short---my man---that is a typical corporate usa hair cut.

Moha---how are you young man---it all looks like a sob-story---put something original and of substance.
I am good Masterkhan lol everything is kool hanging in and sure i will just these days i will be little bz but for a week next week Inshah Allah:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom