What's new

Roti and Bodybuilding

Hmm...

Thanks for clearing my doubts, No worries than.....I will definitely try it , and yeah, i am taking liv52 DS tablets almost daily, even now.

Anyway,Thanks again brah! I will tag you on this same thread for any further queries in future too, i hope you don't mind. :)

No worries mate. Do feel free. All the best with your workout. :)

@Sashan

Bro, Got advised that i should go for tablets than liquid Amino for better results, so i am thinking about Dymatize super Amino 6000.

super-amino-6000-345ct-supp.jpeg

I saw the reviews on Internet. so far its all positive.

What you say ?

Thanks.

@Sashan

Bro, Got advised that i should go for tablets than liquid Amino for better results, so i am thinking about Dymatize super Amino 6000.

What you say ?

Thanks.
for better absorbtion of a.a you need enzymes -- mostly the body has them, however some whey protien isolate/concentrate manufacturers add some as well --- if the whey is pure, in either physical form, it should be absorbed

kia powder ka zamana kkatum ho gia hai?

Didn't get this part, How ?

if you know the ingredients, you can take them independently and control the quality and quantity yourself

supplement industry revolves around glucose,whey,creatine, no2,caffiene, multi vitamin:)

Last edited:
@Sashan

What you say ?

Thanks.

I have heard some claim that caplets are better and some say powder is better. For me personally powder works out as I can mix it with some simple sugar powders like dextrose(Glucon-d or even Gatorade powder) if I am doing heavy lifting and need a intra-workout drink. I use both Xtend Scivation and Modern BCAA+ but these do not have all the amino acids listed in the caplet below.

This Amino caplet has little bit of every amino acids(not just BCAAs) and has good reviews in Bodybuilding.com and the quantity of different amino acids are well defined whereas the powders do not have well defined quantities(they say it is a special blend with different amino acids and special blend should have a red light in the brain). And the caplet in terms of servings is cheaper when compared to powders. I would pick the caplet next time if I need to. Do note that I do not use amino acid powders on everyday basis. I just mix Optimum whey protein in water and drink it before I head to the gym most of the time though I have BCAA powders for days when I do intense workouts and as intra-workout drink.

upload_2013-12-2_17-48-22.png

This is to ask any gym goers/bodybuilders in here.
Roti/Parantha is the most common thing in India,Pakistan anyone knows If it's good for bodybuilding?
I looked up online,some said it had great carbs and 1 57g roti has 4-8g protein and healthy fats!
But does it fit?I have used it in limited quantity since I can't get away from it at all.
Views,Experiences appreciated!:D

I use oatmeal (dalyia) with water and some protein powder. Cheap and healthy!

for better absorbtion of a.a you need enzymes -- mostly the body has them, however some whey protien isolate/concentrate manufacturers add some as well --- if the whey is pure, in either physical form, it should be absorbed

Hmm.....Alright.

What your take about these Amino caplets ?

kia powder ka zamana kkatum ho gia hai?

Powder mat bolo yar, accha nahi lagta. Food supplement/Protein bolo sirf! :)

if you know the ingredients, you can take them independently and control the quality and quantity yourself

supplement industry revolves around glucose,whey,creatine, no2,caffiene, multi vitamin:)

Agree!!

But then, one has to keep eating accordingly throughout the day to manage the sufficient level required.

Caplets suck cause you gotta force down about 10 per serving, thats a hell lot of bad taste in mouth plus maybe an upsaet stomach.

Powdered form seems better.

I have heard some claim that caplets are better and some say powder is better. For me personally powder works out as I can mix it with some simple sugar powders like dextrose(Glucon-d or even Gatorade powder) if I am doing heavy lifting and need a intra-workout drink. I use both Xtend Scivation and Modern BCAA+ but these do not have all the amino acids listed in the caplet below.

Xtend taste sucks, i tried Compete and found it much more palatable.

Plus you right about the pre-workouts, most of them come up with shady 'proprietary' mixes which is a red flag.

Jack3d had DMAA iirc that was flagged by the FDA. It gives pretty solid kick though.

This is to ask any gym goers/bodybuilders in here

For the original question, you can never eat enough man, eat as much as you can. Wheat is good food anyways, and that oil or ghee you eat just provides more fuel in the gym :D

Yeah, someone told me that too, and by the way i just finished BSN Amino powder form,

BSN-00326-1.jpg

well i was not regular during last month but still i didn't saw any significant improvement by this, so one of my friend advised me to go for Super Amino 6000 caplets (which he is already using) so it just stuck me that i should go for it, and as you said i saw positive reviews on Bodybuilding.com too, so i sighed up there yesterday. I just ordered one today.

This Amino caplet has little bit of every amino acids(not just BCAAs) and has good reviews in Bodybuilding.com and the quantity of different amino acids are well defined whereas the powders do not have well defined quantities(they say it is a special blend with different amino acids and special blend should have a red light in the brain). And the caplet in terms of servings is cheaper when compared to powders. I would pick the caplet next time if I need to. Do note that I do not use amino acid powders on everyday basis. I just mix Optimum whey protein in water and drink it before I head to the gym most of the time though I have BCAA powders for days when I do intense workouts and as intra-workout drink.

View attachment 11260

And why is that ? Like is it because you dont want to or it not good to take it on daily basis ? Because that BSN Amino which i mentioned above, i took it almost daily! and i used to mix one scoop with 200/300 oz water ....and drink it between the workout. whether i am doing intense work out or not, i took it almost on daily basis. like 5 or 6 exercises of one part with 3 sets in each of them.

Caplets suck cause you gotta force down about 10 per serving, thats a hell lot of bad taste in mouth plus maybe an upsaet stomach.

But It says only 3 at once. and on total 6 or more for a day.

Powdered form seems better.

Not for me man, i took both liquid and powder, and i think i felt some good improvement with twinlab liquid amino but then i swiched to BSN powder Amino, and dont know why, but saw minimal improvement with powder, really disappointed with powder amino.

Last edited:
And why is that ? Like is it because you dont want to or it not good to take it on daily basis ? Because that BSN Amino which i mentioned above, i took it almost daily! and i used to mix one scoop with 200/300 oz water ....and drink it between the workout. whether i am doing intense work out or not, i took it almost on daily basis. like 5 or 6 exercises of one part with 3 sets in each of them.

I have reduced the intensity of weight training and I squeeze in more cardio these days due to stress at office. I do like 4 exercises and try to do 20 mins of cardio and end my workout with 100-130 bicycle crunches. I thought I would rather avoid the amino supplements due to to non-regulation of these and would rather go for pure Whey. If I go back to intense weight training then I can take supplements and add Liv 52 and Milk Thistle as well.

I have used Super Mass Gainer.I started skipping meals because of workload and ended up drinking this stuff twice a day with milk.

Super_Mass_SCookies_6lbsUPDATEA.jpg

Other recommended Product is Optimum N Serious Mass Weight Gainer.

I've been a powerlifter for 3 years.

That totally depends on your body type, if you are naturally lean and have trouble putting on weight (muscle and fat) then you can have this (though I'd still say no to it or limit it and focus on other sources because the glycemic response is far too much to encourage muscle growth and adipose metabolisation both needed for a good bodybuilder physique unless you focus on the desi look)

If you're an average: can have a round stomach, normal shoulders and still be within your weight limits then you really need to be careful as you don't have a lot of deposit of fat but it would be stubborn to get rid of.

If you're a weight-gainer, like me, then you would have an ease in gaining muscle and fat, then you should focus on getting good proteins and healthy fats and severly limit the carbs to about 20-35 grams and focus on your cardio with weightlifting as a supplement to have a good body. Parathas are a strict no-no then.
Roti/Parantha is the most common thing in India,Pakistan anyone knows If it's good for bodybuilding?
I looked up online,some said it had great carbs and 1 57g roti has 4-8g protein and healthy fats!
But does it fit?I have used it in limited quantity since I can't get away from it at all.

any wheat or rice has a lots starch, not good for muscle toning but excellent for belly building. sorry to tell you but milk, eggs and meat will build muscle mass, something you indian people are allergic too

any wheat or rice has a lots starch, not good for muscle toning but excellent for belly building. sorry to tell you but milk, eggs and meat will build muscle mass, something you indian people are allergic too
Amount of meat and eggs i eat in one day is beyond your imagination :D

Yeah, someone told me that too, and by the way i just finished BSN Amino powder form,

BSN-00326-1.jpg

well i was not regular during last month but still i didn't saw any significant improvement by this, so one of my friend advised me to go for Super Amino 6000 caplets (which he is already using) so it just stuck me that i should go for it, and as you said i saw positive reviews on Bodybuilding.com too, so i sighed up there yesterday. I just ordered one today.

But It says only 3 at once. and on total 6 or more for a day.

Not for me man, i took both liquid and powder, and i think i felt some good improvement with twinlab liquid amino but then i swiched to BSN powder Amino, and dont know why, but saw minimal improvement with powder, really disappointed with powder amino.
Amino of BSN has a very sharp flavor,i took it for 3 days and my throat fcked up.
All i learned through time is Diet is what builds you..the supplements are good as an illusion,that you are taking something extra to grow.I am not even sure if Whey protein powders work?or how much protein they provide actually is digested,but i still take it just for the sake of it.Results come with diet,if you are eating enough chicken,eggs i guess you are getting enough AAs already

i feel you bro i have been dealing with the same sub continental diet thing ever since i started lifting at age 17 (dont say I was too young to start etc I was 5 ft 9 inches then now I am 6 ft 1 inch:woot:) my diest involves roti as a staple but I make sure I get the protein through eggs, omletes, daals and the occassional Peshawari kababs (I live in Peshawar), and lobya is one of my favourite, I try and stay away from rice etc but I dont sweat it much because I play sports as well so carbs or fats are not much of a problem for me, what I would like to advise is that you should adapt your diet and go for HIIT style cardio to get rid of any ''excess calories'' that are sure to accompany any subcontinental diet in the form of oils, tarkas etc....peace and God speed my brother in iron

Back
Top Bottom