What's new

Russia Hikes SU 30MKI Prices Twice For India Might Be The revange That MI 35 got Elim

Most people dont actually use there brains
So the life cycle cost is pegged at 102 million USD each
Do u guys even know what this cost is all about
Well it is the cost of Jet + the cost of mentainence over a period of 35-40 yrs + Midlife upg for the aircrafts
If u guys dont know then the Life cycle cost of 126 MMRCA IS PEGGED AT 35 BILLION USD OVER A PERIOD OF 40 YRS OPERATION
Add to that , the life cycle cost of Mirage 2000 acquired by india during the 1980s is 90 million usd
so it is nothing sensatuional

But why should India pay in advance for life cycle cost. Won't the manufacturer just take the money and run. Indian people will be paying for all these without the future service.

I personally think Russia is trying to jib India as India is buying more US made weapons. Putin is getting as much as possible from India while he still can until India wise up and decide to go for US hardware.

But why should India pay in advance for life cycle cost. Won't the manufacturer just take the money and run. Indian people will be paying for all these without the future service.

I personally think Russia is trying to jib India as India is buying more US made weapons. Putin is getting as much as possible from India while he still can until India wise up and decide to go for US hardware.

Where will it run?...would Russia want to lose its largest customer who has its production lines filled for the whole next decade? Would it want to lose partnership with one of the largest emerging economies? And give me one other aircraft other than the F 15SE that can offer similar services like the SU 30 MKI?

An F 15 SE costs ore than a Sukhoi any day. So I think we have no other choice but to stick with the SU 30 MKI.

I'm just shocked at some of the responses this thread has solicited, can people be this naive?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir i personally think that now IAF knows lc costs quite well as it has been operating the mki's for quite a while...... so i dont think that something is wrong in giving lcc money in advance . Also future escalations in spare parts etc wont affect operational cost as we would already be having the deal with fixed money that we wud have already paid .

And i think that upgrade and life cycle costs (combined) justify the much hyped cost escalation.

please read my last post, it will answer all your questions.

and then what loose India's trust and be happy with left with No ally?, kick out a 60 yr old relation and shove it???...Do you think after 10 yrs Russia will be in a position to call India a friend if they do it?...

it's a very reasonable price ,considering india already bought 200Mki at a very low price .MKI is one of best 3.5th gen jet. in fact ,russian was also trying to promote super Su-30 variant to china back to 90',unfortunately,we didn't have enough $ then,i am sure china will fill in right away if india is unable to satisfy russia's request

it's a very reasonable price ,considering india already bought 200Mki at a very low price .MKI is one of best 3.5th gen jet. in fact ,russian was also trying to promote super Su-30 variant to china back to 90',unfortunately,we didn't have enough $ then,i am sure china will fill in right away if india is unable to satisfy russia's request

Its 4th generation , soon to become 4.5 ...

Fourth generation jet fighter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is basically confirming what I am saying, the cost included the LCC cost as the prices have increased in the past decade mainly due to the huge increase in service and maintenance cost have gone up in general in the industry. Cost of all jets have increased by atleast 40-60% in the past 3-4 years due to the huge shortage of trained professionals as well as parts. As aviation companies downsize and reduce production to a JIT principle, cost per aircraft will go up. Unlike in the 70's and 80's where parts where dirt cheap and service was abundant, in today's time a simple service call for tech for 1 day can cost upto $5000. There there is an increase in the price, for comparison please reference the recent F-16 deals for Turkey, the F-35 deal for Canada and the Eurofighter deals for Saudi. The prices will not make sense to you until you factor in the LCC cost. Please read the following -

OTTAWA, July 16 (Reuters) - Canada will buy 65 new fighter jets from Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT.N) for C$9 billion ($8.6 billion), one of the biggest arms deals in the nation's history, Defence Minister Peter MacKay said on Friday.

MacKay brushed off criticism from opposition legislators who say the planes are too expensive and who question why Lockheed Martin received a sole-source contract.

"This is the best aircraft we can provide our men and women in uniform ... This is one of the largest defense procurement projects in Canadian history," MacKay told a news conference.

The C$9 billion also covers weapons, training and equipment. MacKay said media reports of a separate C$7 billion 20-year maintenance deal were wrong and said an agreement would be concluded once the jets started going into production.

Don Boitson, vice-president and general manager at Magellan Aerospace Corp (MAL.TO), said the deal should be worth more than C$1 billion to his firm over the life of the program.

"The announcement today gives Canadian companies like ourselves and the other 85 (firms) the opportunity to produce parts, and we have been and will continue for all 3,000 aircraft that are currently on order," he told Reuters.

But desi man why these fighters not come with AESA radar ...
by this logic we have to upgrade them later means more money

is this not a bad thing ???

Russia's sale of Su-30MKI fighters in India rose to 102 million unit
August 18, 2010 0 Comments

Indian Air Force Su-30MKI multi-purpose equipment, aircraft
LONDON August 18 news: According to Russia's "ties" network on August 17 reported that the Indian media recently revealed that Russia has sold India Su-30MKI multi-purpose fighter unit significantly increased 1.5-fold.

India's cable news channel NewsX reports, India in 2007 to buy 40 Russian Su-30MKI with only spent 1.5 billion U.S. dollars, while the Russian side of the Indian Air Force purchased 42 new this year, Su-30MKI's offer is 4.29 billion U.S. dollars. That is, in a short period of three years, the unit price of Su-30MKI soared from 40 million U.S. dollars to 102 million U.S. dollars.

Indian strategic analysts, the former Air Force Major General Kac noted that the Russian side of the Su-30MKI's latest offer was "very, very high", the price even faster to catch up with the latest development of the U.S. fifth generation fighter F-35. This should be noted that, after Lockheed Martin has been selling Indian Navy carrier-based version of the F-35. Does not exclude the United States in the future to sell to the Indian Air Force F-35 possibilities.

U.S. Department of Defense had on the production model F-35 is valued at 150 million U.S. dollars, however, with the expansion of production scale, the price may be declining. For example, Israel plans to buy a Boeing F-35 will not pay more than 137 million U.S. dollars, while Japan received F-35's price may be lower - from 110 million to 120 million U.S. dollars.

However, Russia currently does not disclose the offer to the Indian Su-30MKI fighters 42 the details of the new contract. Some experts pointed out that Russia's latest offer may include airborne weapons and other accessories, such as French-made radar and electronic devices.Addition, the contract may also include ground support equipment. In any case, Russia's obviously beyond the offer of India's expected value.

It is reported that the new Indian Air Force Su-30MKI purchase of these aircraft will be delivered in 2014-2018 years. As a result, Indian Air Force Su-30MKI equipment will reach 272.

But desi man why these fighters not come with AESA radar ...
by this logic we have to upgrade them later means more money

is this not a bad thing ???
The new ones are coming with AESA radar...

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Some experts pointed out that Russia's latest offer may include airborne weapons and other accessories, such as French-made radar and electronic devices.Addition, the contract may also include ground support equipment

Are they talking of democles targetting pod?

Back
Top Bottom