What's new

Russia’s Growing Ties with Vietnam

[Bregs];4806029 said:
have you read mine reply properly ? i said in recent past there has been shift in there policy not distant past

certainly better then US but still a shift in here policy

Libya courted western powers and russia. Russia did not save it from West.Syria has stuck with Russia throughout . So,Russia stands by it. I expect the same fate of India like Libya when war with China or West happens.

[Bregs];4806029 said:
have you read mine reply properly ? i said in recent past there has been shift in there policy not distant past

Mate,Soviet Union collapsed becouse Gorbachev,Russia had to build everything from scratch.But Syria is turning point between reseller mentality of Kremlin and solid alliances of ex USSR.In '90 and early 2000 Russia was bunkrupt and they need money so bad...we all see differences today (Snowden,Syria,Magnitsky law,ban of US adoption of Russian kids).

Yes. Correct writing is you write Hong Van, two different words. Like this girl: Hạ Hồng Vân

17592.jpg

Google-Ergebnis für http://cdn.mydramalist.info/images/people/17592.jpg

Yeah! I'm so clever! In china, some female also use hong as part of names, but that's an old style name.

[Bregs];4805946 said:
Russians strategic relations with any country is turning out be myth in recent times, pay them dollars for arms and they are strategically yours
I like to differ. Actually Russia wants to return to her glorious past, to the times of the Soviet Union, when they controlled half of the world, challenging the US hegemony. As for Vietnam, we are just a piece on the chessboard.

The Russians, blessed with giant landmass and huge natural resources, don´t lack of money. So it is a mistake to assume, only money matters.

interesting...as of two points from the author
- if Russia has to choose between China and Vietnam, then it will favor Vietnam
- Vietnam is called again as middle power, now by an US-American

Before I get attacks from some Chinese, personally I see Vietnam is not a middle power yet, maybe in several years when our economy and living standard have improved more than as we have seen yet.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...ddle-power-defense-summit-southeast-asia.html

Vietnam is not middle power both militarily, economically and likely will never be (militarily).

However if Vietnam rises as economic power it will allow Vietnam to strengthen its navy, army and air force to huge extent.

Japanese article - hence aims to sow discord. In this case - between China and Russia. The Japanese do not care who is with who strengthens ties, they are important to cause discord between the main contenders. Of course, this is done with the filing of the U.S., but I am 100% sure that even after the U.S. ends its occupation of Japan, Japan will remain the same provocative policy.
my friend, the article is written by Stephen Blank, an American. It is true that Japan always dreams of hegemony in Asia. The problem is China has the same goal, seeing others just as vassals.

I like to differ. Actually Russia wants to return to her glorious past, to the times of the Soviet Union, when they controlled half of the world, challenging the US hegemony. As for Vietnam, we are just a piece on the chessboard.

The Russians, blessed with giant landmass and huge natural resources, don´t lack of money. So it is a mistake to assume, only money matters.

you are right but they do have now a days knack of supplying arms to adversaries despite having strategic relations with one of them

my friend, the article is written by Stephen Blank, an American. It is true that Japan always dreams of hegemony in Asia. The problem is China has the same goal, seeing others just as vassals.

While China will not attack Taiwan and Mongolia to conquer them, China is not to blame in the quest for hegemony. I understand that you had a war with China, so your view is based on that war.
Now the main problem of humanity - to destroy the dictatorship of the dollar and return to the gold standard. Then we can begin to solve international relations problems.

Vietnam is not middle power both militarily, economically and likely will never be (militarily).
However if Vietnam rises as economic power it will allow Vietnam to strengthen its navy, army and air force to huge extent.
It is more or less a perception of outsiders. You find such articles saying Vietnam as middle power only in foreign media or quotes from some politicians outside Vietnam. So you will never find such self-promotion in Vietnamese media.

Anyway if such title can attract more investments and tourists into Vietnam, I don´t have any objections. :D

While China will not attack Taiwan and Mongolia to conquer them, China is not to blame in the quest for hegemony. I understand that you had a war with China, so your view is based on that war.
China will invade Taiwan if it declares independence. Mongolia is too weak nowadays, long gone is the time when the horde of Mongols conquered China and half of Asia. Wake up!

As for Vietnam, we are small and poor, too, but luckily our military is strong.
Now the main problem of humanity - to destroy the dictatorship of the dollar and return to the gold standard. Then we can begin to solve international relations problems.
now I got problem to understand your arguments. The Dollar is NOT the problem of humanity, but war, terrorism and poverty.

China will invade Taiwan if it declares independence. Mongolia is too weak nowadays, long gone is the time when the horde of Mongols conquered China and half of Asia. Wake up!
Be honest - if you were China, you would attack Taiwan? I would attack. Because as long as there is an independent Taiwan - the civil war is not over. At any point the U.S. can get Taiwan to make China a major conflict - just to create a hot spot and divert resources of China to solve the problem.
Mongolia - an indicator of Chinese expansionism. Weak country with a population ethnically close, once belonged to China. If China attacks Mongolia - then we can say that China is seeking hegemony.

now I got problem to understand your arguments. The Dollar is NOT the problem of humanity, but war, terrorism and poverty.
War, terrorism, poverty - it is all a manifestation of the American way of human development. Have you seen the movie "Avatar" or "Metropolis (1927)" or "Elysium"? Here is the future Americans preparing to mankind. They will use the technologies of the future, and we will fight for pelages in the caves. This is not a joke. They really are making compelling advantages over the rest of the world.
Dollar - the main part of the plan. As long as there is a dollar as a world currency , and all the other attributes Pax Americana will remain.

did you miss something?

China and Vietnam has been in the difficult negotiation process since several years. The recent third round was held in Beijing this year. Next round will be in Hanoi. Don´t forget: both parties signed an Agreement on basic principles guiding the settlement of sea-related issues in Beijing on Oct. 11, 2011.

VN-China basic principles on settlement of sea issues -- Vietnam+ (VietnamPlus)
Vietnam, China hold sea-related negotiations | VOV Online Newspaper
Vietnam latest news - Thanh Nien Daily | Vietnam, China say sea disputes will be settled peacefully

I think you are not aware of the key principles of Vietnam foreign policy towards China: the 3 NO´s
- No to foreign bases and troops in Vietnam
- No to military alliances in the region
- No to cooperations if they explicitly aim against China

BUT we are not stupid. This policy can only continue if Vietnam doesn´t feel threatened by your military buildup. And of course this policy does not hinder Vietnam to do what we think that serves our interests, including peaceful cooperations with all neighbors and other powers. China´s recent actions in the SC Sea do not help much in bulding trusts in Vietnam.

History shows more than one time China always uses Vietnam weakness to take advantages.

Think about it!
We have said many many times that our military buildup is for defensive by nature due to the vast coastline and asset we have abroad and threat from US intervention in our domestic issue. The buildup is not aim at Vietnam. Give us a break.

Also I cannot sit here to argue with you whether Vietnam brought the USA into the fold or not because indirectly you just did. You and Philippines are on the same boat regarding asking the US to involve. Also do not forget, Vietnam is in control of the vast majority of reefs, rocks in the dispute islands.

History showed? Please explain the last 200 to 300 years how we use Vietnam weakness to take advantage. Are you forgetting it was us who help you in the Vietnam war against foreigners in general?

WHAT? vassal hegemony is not the same as what the Japanese did which is to colonize Asia and control your government resources for themselves. Vassal is the equivalent of a US's satellite states. You have your own sovereignty but foreign policy defers to China.

I do not want to sound racist but I did not rep you because you are Indian, having said this I must agree with your sentiments, these Viets are in fantasy land thinking they are a middle power, power is a function of economics and economically these Viets are a joke, everyone knows they are desperately chasing oil in the East Sea because without it their economy would collapse overnight
yes, they are...Nguyen is one of the most common family names.
lies! Nguyen is the Chinese name Ruan, the uncivilised Vietnamese did not have their own culture so just copied everything from the Chinese

the gold standard is not workable given the Wests preoccupation with free trade and growth based economics

Back
Top Bottom