What's new

Russia snubs India; cancels navy, army war games

*Indian vessels arrive in Russian port - big grins from Indian captains

*meanwhile onland

Russian sailor: Sir, the Indians have arrived

Russian Admiral: *facepalm.. tell zem i'm out.. better still tell them I got no ships. hehe, yes then hopefully they'll never come back

Russian sailor: yes sir.

*back on the Indian ship INS Bharat

Russian sailor: Sir, we run out of ships.

Indian Admiral: at least we had a good bollywood reception.

TODAY the indian GDP & FOREX are nearly the same size and india will grow to ovetrtake russia in 4 years.

Indian GDP and Forex is the same size??????????

India might overtake Russia in GDP (though I doubt per capita). That doesn't mean it won't need russian products. of course it may find other suppliers.

No one is disappointed buddy.Just a little bit of misunderstanding,quite common in friendship.By the way russia will think twice before selling fighters to you because there is a very high chance that the technology may fall in chinise hands.

You mean the same technology the Russians sell to China direct but on the other hand Russian tech could end up in USA hand via India O M G .

*Indian vessels arrive in Russian port - big grins from Indian captains

*meanwhile onland

Russian sailor: Sir, the Indians have arrived

Russian Admiral: *facepalm.. tell zem i'm out.. better still tell them I got no ships. hehe, yes then hopefully they'll never come back

Russian sailor: yes sir.

*back on the Indian ship INS Bharat

Russian sailor: Sir, we run out of ships.

Indian Admiral: at least we had a good bollywood reception.

If this is a Think Tank output, phir to Allah hi hafiz hai.. But then I heard even Zaid Hamid is also called a Think Tank

Russia is just testing the water. Letting India know that if it becomes pro-US, though not probable, then Russia will be looking for a new partner in the region.
And the loss of one contract doesn't mean Russia would stir the pot. Just looking for a newer market. We might be offered the older Migs and Sukhois, the ones that are going to be replaced. Better sell them than trash them.

btw, Russia sells everything for cash.. No soft loan or grants.. So forget about Pakistan being a market for next 5-10 years anyway..

Both India and China still have a long way to go. In this regard, China is a little more advance than India. But compare to the western countries, both are still very back ward. Both India and China also face internal problems that would derail their rise. So don't count the chicken before they are hatched. In this, India also face more problem than China. So overall, the likelihood of China advance to a developed nation status is higher as they are farther along and they face less problems than India does.

I agree that China is ahead. No doubt, I am just glad India woke up. I was getting fed up.....but exposure to the West has helped this slumbering elephant to move

India the SUPER-POWER, snubbed by Russia. - LoL.

India terror error list to Pakistan - LoL

Super Super Power India need America, UK, Israel beg help - LoL

India knows wat to do!!

I think India as the big brother should show Russia a thing or two. Pulling out of the Pak-Fa project would be a good one. Not like India cannot get hold of gen 5 planes from America or develop its own right?

I think India as the big brother should show Russia a thing or two. Pulling out of the Pak-Fa project would be a good one. Not like India cannot get hold of gen 5 planes from America or develop its own right?

Too many strings attached to 5th gen US fighters and India doesn't have the ability to develop its own 5th gen fighter yet. It prefers to build its knowledge base from the ground up, not stealing tech and info. However, times have changed and parallel programs to copy such tech may be in the works .....seeing how China has efficiently copied and suffered little regress.

Indian GDP and Forex is the same size??????????

India might overtake Russia in GDP (though I doubt per capita). That doesn't mean it won't need russian products. of course it may find other suppliers.

China is so weak, because its GDP is only more than 4 times the size of Russia. Whereas India is so strong, because its GDP is about the size of Russia.

Too many strings attached to 5th gen US fighters and India doesn't have the ability to develop its own 5th gen fighter yet. It prefers to build its knowledge base from the ground up, not stealing tech and info. However, times have changed and parallel programs to copy such tech may be in the works .....seeing how China has efficiently copied and suffered little regress.

India should try to build one itself. If it keep on thinking that it cannot, it will always fail to accomplish anything. Such as the kaveri engine.

China is so weak, because its GDP is only more than 4 times the size of Russia. Whereas India is so strong, because its GDP is about the size of Russia.

GDP size does not reflect the strength of a nation. Japan has the world's 2nd largest economy for such a long time but they were always weak after WWII. China had a very low technology base so its still a while before it can catch up to the western countries, much less US.

100% convinced about what you have written as I feel the race has just begun. Initial lead is nothing when seen on a scale of the next 4 decades. Let us hold our horses and wait and see what happens. Chaos theory can upset the best projection and India and China are just two lamps in the wind. Both could succed or go to war and perish. India could lose its way to corruption and ill governance. China could lose to other factors internal or external. It is too early to put my money. I will bet on India just because I am an Indian and I would have bet on China if I were a Chinese. However, I would bet on India if I was an American just to hedge my bets that I have already made.

:toast_sign:

You admit you are betting on India because you are an Indian and nothing else. But the reality is telling a different story. China is clearly way ahead of India even though it still has a long way to go. For India economy to catch up to China's in 20 years, Indian economy must grow 3 times as fast as the Chinese economy. I do not see this happening. As 20 years is such a long time, anything beyond 20 year is subject to unpredictable changes. So in the long run, we do not really know what well happen. But in 20 years, we can see the rise of China to challenge the US as its economy is growing at 3 times the clip of the US and its economy is now more than 1/3 that of the US. So China is challenging the US in terms of economic size. But India is not yet able to challenge China yet as shown by the numbers in the last 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom