What's new

Russia unhappy with India’s defence buys

[Bregs];4851329 said:
This article is only 8 months old :rofl:

Yes, the Article is old. But is it old enough. This is the beginning of a new defense era for India. If this trend continues, India soon will be armed with some of the best weapons in the market. This includes:
One of the best 5th Generation Fighter aircraft: FG-FA
Best Long range fighter aircraft: Su-30MKI
One of the best Tactical Fighter Aircraft: Desault Rafale
One of the best (the best in its class) long range transport aircraft: C-17
One of the best Tactical transport aircraft: C-130
One of the best Battlefield troops transport: CH-47 Chinook
One of the best (well tested) Jet trainer: BAE Hawk etc......

This is a good practice to buy the best equipment for your country. Just make sure your old friend is not unhappy about it.

What do the Russians think about Indians? And their dispute with China? Their media seems to mostly avoid covering Sino-Indian issues.

about comparison between chinook and Mi-26,its true that Mi-26 is a mammoth.but we don't want mammoth which will barely fly due to spare shortage.we couldn't fully utilize existing Mi-26 due to this..plus,Chinook is more versatile than Mi-26,though carry less weight.remember,we need versatile,thats why we bought C-17 and not some An-225.AN-225 may even carry C-17,but that doesn't mean we need that.a truly biased article.

You have a point there. However, if you wanted something versatile, you could have gone for Mi-171. It can carry almost the same troops, can carry 5000 kg slung load, has external hard-points, has high rate of climb and can almost act like Mi-24. Though Chinook is not a bad decision either.

You have a point there. However, if you wanted something versatile, you could have gone for Mi-171. It can carry almost the same troops, can carry 5000 kg slung load, has external hard-points, has high rate of climb and can almost act like Mi-24. Though Chinook is not a bad decision either.

we do operate Mi-17V5,around 140 will be operational soon...by the way,in the competition,it was Chinook against Mi-26.

maybe the russians NEED TO LOOK HOW THE GORSKHOV deal was handled

6 years LATE and double THE PRICE

and they wonder why we ditched them foolish russians

I think Russia will start offering its weapons to Latin America,China,Pakistan and some nations of Africa. Also I expect russians will not share strategic technology like nuclear submarines or their building expertise with India.

"I think Russia will start offering its weapons to Latin America,China,Pakistan and some nations of Africa", , haha, India become rich country already? You will buy from U.S? check your bank account first! Poor dirty third world country.

maybe the russians NEED TO LOOK HOW THE GORSKHOV deal was handled

6 years LATE and double THE PRICE

and they wonder why we ditched them foolish russians

The same foolish russia have huge contribution in missile and submarine program of India. Call me when West gives submarines and nuclear missiles to India.

Well Russia.....You are always "Welcome"... :)
& wait a minute, now I think why within a year Russian Navy Ships had a tour of Pak & Russian Navy Chief also came to have a "tea party" with Pak Navy Chief...oh but there is more, Russia just lifted the arms sale embargo from Pakistan & a deal for Mi-35 is just about to be signed...!

Well Russia.....You are always "Welcome"... :)
& wait a minute, now I think why within a year Russian Navy Ships had a tour of Pak & Russian Navy Chief also came to have a "tea party" with Pak Navy Chief...oh but there is more, Russia just lifted the arms sale embargo from Pakistan & a deal for Mi-35 is just about to be signed...!

There are enough deals to keep Russians happy..FGFA,MTA..

we areee maintaininng the balaance between russia and the west.

the aim should be homegrown stuff. this 10 years should make us self reliant in defence manufacturing. barring the strategic buys.

India does not like nor appreciate the level of cooperation in defence between China and Russia which benefits Pakistan. Russia has known this yrs but did nothing. Russia knows of the tensions we have with China, but does nothing. Time for Russia to step up and call a bully....a bully.

All these decades, Russia has made sure our defence industry doesn't really develop well. Why?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom