What's new

Sachin Tendulkar - myth or man?

that's what makes him special. one has to wonder how someone who has achieved so much in every aspect of life can remain so grounded?? can't think of any other individual, at least in india!

the only other person in india at the moment is A.R.Rahman

Yeah 200 Not out against the Mighty South Africans is not a good Knock.. :rofl:

Well that was batting pitch. Anyone could have hit on that day. He cames as opening batsman. If things are easy or less runs to chase then he will score.

Show me one match India won chasing 300 runs and sachin performed with bat.

Well that was batting pitch. Anyone could have hit on that day. He cames as opening batsman. If things are easy or less runs to chase then he will score.

Why are you so specific abt chasing 300+ plus runs ?

Are you telling there is no pressure in match if no. of runs to be chased is less than 300?

Why dont you scan the internet in all Indian victories from 1990's till date and see how much Sachin scored in each of them

Also, presence of Sachin helps in gaining a psychological advantage bcoz of his master blaster image.

And lastly, he can bowl too.

Why India Win World War 11?

We Have A great Weapons.

1. Sachin

"Long Range Ballistic Missiles" Range - More Then 18000 and 100x99 persantage target hit

2. Shehwag

"Atomic Bomb" 100 Tmt (sr)

3. Gambhir

"Field Soldier" Fight in any condition

4. Dhoni

"Apache Helicopter with grate Radar" Famous for Helicopter Shot nd never drop any catch

5. Youvraj

"UV RAYS guided bomb" Strock 6x6

6. Zaheer

"Anti Tank Missile" 19 Tanks distroy in wc11

7. Harbhajan

Stealth plane "DUSRA" never catch by any one

on such a short notice i can only think of the test match after 26/11 against england

1st Test: India v England at Chennai, Dec 11-15, 2008 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Swann to Tendulkar, FOUR, there it is! What. An. Effort. That is a historic win and Tendulkar's 41st Test century, paddles around the corner ever so emphatically and India have clinched a superb run chase by six wickets
Tendulkar pumps his arms and Yuvraj embraces him in a massive bear hug. Chennai rises and what a win. A great Test match in fact, from start to finish. This will mean so, so much to Tendulkar and India.
Really stunning scenes in Chennai. Tendulkar scores a most brilliant hundred and India India have achieved their target of 387, which is now the fourth-highest run-chase in Tests.

Buhaha :rofl: if the pitch was too easy to bat then why any of the South Africans couldnt do the same?They have chased down over 430 runs against the Aussies..batting through out the innings shows how fit he is :rofl:

Goood lord .. they should have send Sreesanth as opener. Chance missed for a century.

Well the pitch was dead ... there was no turn , there was nothing for speed bowlers the ball just bounced once on flat surface

I think srilanka were suprised too they expected a turning wicket but what they got was a dead pitch so their start inning was slow and that was the game

Well the pitch was dead ... there was no turn , there was nothing for speed bowlers the ball just bounced once on flat surface

I think srilanka were suprised too they expected a turning wicket but what they got was a dead pitch so their start inning was slow and that was the game

Dnt yout think batting first on dead pitch is always beneficial ???

And what about that incident tht happened during toss ??

You are quite correct in your assessment. His family's values have had a major role in defining his attitude to his game and to his life. And he has come from a very middle class background. But his values endured.
Now compare his record with his childhood friend and cricketing team-mate Vinod Kambli. Where is he now?

Kambli came from a very different family background. Its difficult to say how and why he imploded. With a test average of 54+ he played his last test at the age of 24. He needed a godfather, he did not have one. Ajay Jadeja played almost the same no of tests as Kambli, averaging less than half of kambli.

Kambli had it tough, right from his childhood. He indeed did not help his own cause too.

Kambli came from a very different family background. Its difficult to say how and why he imploded. With a test average of 54+ he played his last test at the age of 24. He needed a godfather, he did not have one. Ajay Jadeja played almost the same no of tests as Kambli, averaging less than half of kambli.

Kambli had it tough, right from his childhood. He indeed did not help his own cause too.

Kambli was the original rebel - this did not go down well with the establishment. He was no different than what the likes of Yuvraj are today. But Kambli was also sidelined because of his loyalty to Sachin - Azhar wanted his men. It is a shame - Kambli had a problem against genuinely quick short pitched bowling but EVERYONE in India except Sachin did.

Back
Top Bottom