What's new

SAC's J-XX?

In a real world scenario, not all missiles will hit. And not all targeted aircraft will not know a missile is coming.

Russian planes have the capability to spot incoming missiles by spotting their launch flare. Things will get more interesting when ramjet missiles like the meteor enter the game, because they present no launch flare.

An Su-35 is picked up further out by an F-22, but it will know the missiles are coming. It can evade a significant amount of launches and if there are more than one Su-35s the fight will get interesting, the point is though, that a pair of F-22s will never enter a dogfight with Su-35s, they will launch, reposition at the edges of possible detection or optimum firing and re-open fire until ammo is exhausted.

a dogfight is not what they want to do .

sounds like an Australian Air power type best case for OPFOR scenario..
1/500.. the F-22 blows the Sukhoi's out of the airspace before they even realize what has happened.

Australian Air Power is an even bigger fan of the F-22 than the Sukhoi.

But how will the F-22 shoot down an Su-35 without the Su-35 noticing? When you've got 4 Su-35s, with the F-22 launching missiles at them, chances are one of their missile warnings is going to detect the launch at least. If not, they will still be able to evade the AMRAAMs once they go active (they'd have about 15 seconds, more than enough to take evasive action, considering that the AMRAAMs will be near the limits of their energy).

Then this may be the study for another project by SAC??

To be as large as the su-27.. its either a strike orientated craft.. or China is duplicating its interceptor class.
It is a multirole aircraft focused on strike missions primarily. J-20 is designed for air superiority instead. Either way, this model may very well be a concept only.

Wrong, wrong wrong, Su 35 BM is not that cheaper. @beerbal: Can you please look into the new su30MKI price??? I think its more than 35 mill.

Su35 BM is comparable to Typhoon (though different league.) I will buy 100s of Su35 if its cost 50 mil USD...

Sukhoi signs record $2.5 bln deal with Russian defense ministry | Russia | RIA Novosti The Russians are spending $2.6 billion (counting the capital investment) for 48 Su-35, 12 Su-27SM, and 4 Su-30M2.

I can't find any source for the new Su-30MKI unit price. The life-cycle cost is about $100 million, but I can't find the unit price.

So the rumour is true, that the SAC entry IS the "Silent Flanker". The aerodynamic configuration definitely borrowed heavily from their experience with Su-27/J-11

Australian Air Power is an even bigger fan of the F-22 than the Sukhoi.

But how will the F-22 shoot down an Su-35 without the Su-35 noticing? When you've got 4 Su-35s, with the F-22 launching missiles at them, chances are one of their missile warnings is going to detect the launch at least. If not, they will still be able to evade the AMRAAMs once they go active (they'd have about 15 seconds, more than enough to take evasive action, considering that the AMRAAMs will be near the limits of their energy).

How will they notice if I might ask??
(APA's fandom has little to do with APA's actual understanding of the F-22 or any aircombat, it has to do with personal vendetta on losing a contract).

The F-22 will be engaging all four AMRAAMS WITHIN their No escape zone.. not from its extreme range as you say.
The F-22's low observability and LPI radar allows it to get closer than any jet can without detection to kill its prey.
So even if the Su-35's pick up the rocket trail.. by the time they figure out they are being attacked.. and start taking evasive measures.. the AMRAAM's would be certain of a 100% kill.
At NO time will they EVER be aware of where the F-22 was, is and will be.

lolz i love it man its more beautyful then j-20 its mini f-22 raptor .if i have to select i will select it then j-20 yahoooo:china::yahoo::victory:

How will they notice if I might ask??
(APA's fandom has little to do with APA's actual understanding of the F-22 or any aircombat, it has to do with personal vendetta on losing a contract).

The F-22 will be engaging all four AMRAAMS WITHIN their No escape zone.. not from its extreme range as you say.
The F-22's low observability and LPI radar allows it to get closer than any jet can without detection to kill its prey.
So even if the Su-35's pick up the rocket trail.. by the time they figure out they are being attacked.. and start taking evasive measures.. the AMRAAM's would be certain of a 100% kill.
At NO time will they EVER be aware of where the F-22 was, is and will be.

The Su-35 optical locator system has a head-on detection range of 50km. That is well outside the no-escape zone of the AMRAAM (and no-escape zones are a bit deceptive, since they assume the aircraft tries to outrun the missile rather than using jamming and/or doppler beaming). The Irbis-E detection range against the F-22 is about 30km head-on, and it will be significantly better from an angle.

27_103597_36f168a8907e4e6.jpg

27_121888_2d96ba622c1eb3c.jpg

27_121888_d02fd3bdb77ab97.jpg

27_121888_589740991379d59.jpg
the jagged joint of radom is a new method also seems to be as large as F18 if we scale the canopy with real life thing just my guss.

My bad 6 AMRAAMs. But assuming the F-22 travels at mach 2, it will be within perhaps 20km by the time the Su-35s re-appear on radar and return fire with their R-77s. The F-22 will also be forced to take evasive action, and will not have a significant energy advantage going into close combat. It will be going up against 4 fighters in close combat, which is practically suicide.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

So?

I said once cost is factored. The Su-35 will have a numbers advantage of at least 2-1 against any decent 5th generation aircraft.

Cost does not increase its T/W ratio, AoA, or speed.

So the Su-35 would not be able to track the F-22 until the F-22 has already achieved very close range to the Su-35, which would be short enough of a distance to even fire SRAAMs. The F-22's beyond visual range capabilities allows it to engage the Su-35 before the PESA picks it up.

Cost does not increase its T/W ratio, AoA, or speed.

So the Su-35 would not be able to track the F-22 until the F-22 has already achieved very close range to the Su-35, which would be short enough of a distance to even fire SRAAMs. The F-22's beyond visual range capabilities allows it to engage the Su-35 before the PESA picks it up.

But cost gives you a numbers advantage. Against an F-22, you get an advantage of about 4-1. No chance in hell your short range missile would spot the Su-35 before it's OLS spots you.

The BVR capabilities are not useful considering the ranges involved. The Su-35 will be able to evade anything you fire at it if you stay out of detection range.

Back
Top Bottom