What's new

Saima Wazed Putul (Sheikh Hasina's daughter) elected as WHO South East Asia Regional Director

Here is the video, Saima Wazed starts at 16:00 minute mark. It is somewhat eye-opening that almost all the Bangladeshi commenters in the comment section supported Dr. Shambhu Acharya from Nepal, knowing his qualifications and also knowing how unqualified Saima was.

Thank you, @Bilal9 bhai for the video link:-) I really appreciate it.

Here is the video, Saima Wazed starts at 16:00 minute mark. It is somewhat eye-opening that almost all the Bangladeshi commenters in the comment section supported Dr. Shambhu Acharya from Nepal, knowing his qualifications and also knowing how unqualified Saima was.

Her intro was good though.

Her intro was good though.

No - no one is questioning her English aptitude.

But this is a major responsibility, leading an important regional health organization for a global body like the WHO.

You need several important qualifications for this post that are the needs of the day for SE Asia today, such as,

1. A doctor in a high level leadership position who has actual medical practice experience.
2. A doctor with specific managerial experience as a director in high level health and medical policy making.
3. Optionally - a doctor who has a pedigree at a global level to making Health Policy in conjunction with EU Health policy makers and the DHHS in the US who are at the forefront of control and dissemination of important ground-breaking health legislation dealing with health data privacy and control of technology etc. (I can mention for example, HIPAA as well as ENISA EU Health directives and also ISO directives and compliance standards that deal with medical devices which needed to be introduced to South East Asia ten years ago, and has been delayed for no reason).

I doubt she has even 10% of these needed qualifications. She is primarily a licensed school psychologist by training from a no-name nondescript women's college in Miami (a lower rated qualification - which every middle school and High school in the US has in their payroll) and has made "fighting autism" a big part of her (ahem) crusade. That Miami University mentions her as an alumnae but does not give the date of her graduation, did she ever graduate? Who knows?

Fine for her.

But how does any of that record prepare her for this very important post ?

Not opposing her because she is the Sheikh's grand-daughter, but facts are facts are facts. Facts speak for themselves.

You don't pick a low level nail-filing dumb-blonde secretary and make her a CFO or CTO just because she is related to someone important. If you do - that only speaks of your organization being supremely incompetent, nepotist, corrupt and hopeless.

It also makes the future of your organization very dark, I mean really dark.

For these high level director positions - you can't "fake it till you make it" or "learn on the job". Ghotey podartho thaka lagey.

I know at least a dozen doctors in the US (my friends) who disagree with her appointment to this position.

@Avicenna bhai - your thoughtful opinion on this...

Last edited:

But this is a major responsibility, leading an important regional health organization for a global body like the WHO.

You need several important qualifications for this post that are the needs of the day for SE Asia today, such as,

1. A doctor in a high level leadership position who has actual medical practice experience.
2. A doctor with specific managerial experience as a director in high level health and medical policy making.
3. Optionally - a doctor who has a pedigree at a global level to making Health Policy in conjunction with EU Health policy makers and the DHHS in the US who are at the forefront of control and dissemination of important ground-breaking health legislation dealing with health data privacy and control of technology etc. (I can mention for example, HIPAA as well as ENISA EU Health directives and also ISO directives and compliance standards that deal with medical devices which needed to be introduced to South East Asia ten years ago, and has been delayed for no reason).

I doubt she has even 10% of these needed qualifications. She is primarily a licensed school psychologist by training from a no-name nondescript women's college in Miami (a lower rated qualification - which every middle school and High school in the US has in their payroll) and has made "fighting autism" a big part of her (ahem) crusade. That Miami University mentions her as an alumnae but does not give the date of her graduation, did she ever graduate? Who knows?

Fine for her.

Not opposing her because she is the Sheikh's grand-daughter, but facts are facts are facts. Facts speak for themselves.

You don't pick a low level nail-filing dumb-blonde secretary and make her a CFO or CTO just because she is related to someone important. If you do - that only speaks of your organization being supremely incompetent, nepotist, corrupt and hopeless.

For these high level director positions - you can't "fake it till you make it" or "learn on the job". Ghotey podartho thaka lagey.

I know at least a dozen doctors in the US (my friends) who disagree with her appointment to this position.

Now I know why the people in the know are against her appointment as a regional director of WHO. Thank you for the informative response:-)

Now I know why the people in the know are against her appointment as a regional director of WHO. Thank you for the informative response:-)

Her English is very good. You lot could learn from her.

The English of @Blue Ocean, @fallstuff, @Bilal9 et al is embarrassing!!!

Not wonder they frequently resort to writing in Bangla!

Learn from Hasina’s daughter!!!

No more bot, bot, ding, ding….

Don’t embarrass Bangladesh!

Learn English!!

Fine for her.

In terms of credentials she is light.

She got her experience (i.e. listed roles/experience etc. in her intro due to neoptism)

Still she is well spoken.

Hopefully she is well intentioned and learns quick.

Sometimes credentialed people are ultimately inferior to those without but are quick learners and capable.

I wish her well regardless.

Her English is very good. You lot could learn from her.

The English of @Blue Ocean, @fallstuff, @Bilal9 et al is embarrassing!!!

Not wonder they frequently resort to writing in Bangla!

Learn from Hasina’s daughter!!!

No more bot, bot, ding, ding….

Don’t embarrass Bangladesh!

Learn English!!

Please apply your advice to yourself and others in your Sheikh Hasina IT cell.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom