What's new

Salman Rushdie takes on Imran Khan over 'immeasurable hurt'

Apart from the book he goes around trashing Muslims and painting them with thick strokes of the brush. Muslims are all kinds of people and his generalization stems from a lot of self-loathing as has been described by a few of his former British compatriots.

Yeah, I'm still not getting it Asim. So he bashed Muslims . so what? he aint asking anyone to blow up civilians is he- like 99% of the clerics in Pakistan? why does Imran not stand up against them and remove those elements or supporters from his political circles?

I bet not a single one of you who are cursing out at Rushdie has read his books or took time to read his comments about which segment of Muslims he dislikes.

New Delhi: Controversial author Salman Rushdie on Saturday hit out atPakistan's cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan, saying the former cricket captain was 'scared' of facing his 'bouncers'. Mr Khan, who is the founder of the political outfit Tehreek-e-Insaf, withdrew
"If you want to placate mullahs, don't
leave a paper trail. Imran said I caused immeasurable hurt to Muslims.

In real world, immeasurable hurt iscaused by terrorists based in Pakistan
who attack countries like India.

Imran wants us to talk to lashkar," said Mr
Rushdie.

Read the full article on the website.

Salman Rushdie takes on Imran Khan over 'immeasurable hurt'

I dont disagree with what he said...

Apart from the book he goes around trashing Muslims and painting them with thick strokes of the brush. Muslims are all kinds of people and his generalization stems from a lot of self-loathing as has been described by a few of his former British compatriots.
Agreed so due his opinions hence the entire nation of pakistan and members here detest rushdie....

I wonder if people have the same opinion about some other popular names like Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, Abdullah Yusuf Azzam, Maulana Masood Azhar, Maulana Mufti Mohd. Asghar or even OBL...

Agreed so due his opinions hence the entire nation of pakistan and members here detest rushdie....

I wonder if people have the same opinion about some other popular names like Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, Abdullah Yusuf Azzam, Maulana Masood Azhar, Maulana Mufti Mohd. Asghar or even OBL...

They are heroes for them,true soldiers in their books.

great decision IK..
who wants to be seen with this hooked nose guy called rushdi.who looks like the devil..
and why is he being awarded? for doing a great job at offending muslims?
The world has so much hate against muslims that anybody who says or does anything against muslims becomes instant celebrity..
The infedals need to cut back on their hate against us.

They are heroes for them,true soldiers in their books.

and you know you are speaking from your arse..dont you?
we dont give them awards.....

Salman Rushdie, while unoriginal & predictable, an attention seeker; is a straight up guy. I don't like double faced people, & I don't know when Imran Khan developed such a liking for Islam & Muslims, which he is showing now in Pakistan, considering the playboy he was. So I agree with Salman Rushdie a bit. I have no problems with Imran Khan or what he believes in, but I hate double faced & hypocritical people.

Look at Turkey, The Satanic Verses is not even banned there, does it make them any less of a Muslim? I mean its just a fictional novel, critique it, debate about it, and get over it:cheesy:

This was just Imran Khan playing to the radical Islamist votebank.

You give them more than awards,I mean they are idolized,kids in NWFP,Swat want to be them.In the city a kid wants to be a doctor,engineer,MBA when he grows up,in those areas he wants to own an AK-47 and probably blow himself up by the time he is an adult.As they say in Soviet Waziristan guy blows you,BOOM(hilarious).

i repeat myself...
we dont call them on stage..give them celebrity status and put them in lime light for uttering hate against infedals..
on the other hand the infedals fall in love with whoever offends muslims and make them instant celebrity.

now this is pure hate from them against us....

i repeat myself...
we dont call them on stage..give them celebrity status and put them in lime light for uttering hate against infedals..
on the other hand the infedals fall in love with whoever offends muslims and make them instant celebrity.

now this is pure hate from them against us....

Stop blowing and killing our people up for trivial matters like religion,prophet etc etc. we'll stop hating you.

soo the highlighted words also highlight the cause of this stupid OP indian

i guess its obligatory for anyone who visit india to have some anti-Pakistani words in order to go home safely otherwise this hindu terrorists we know wht they did & can do...
BTW another hero for indians:D like MODI:D

Stop blowing and killing our people up for trivial matters like religion,prophet etc etc. we'll stop hating you.

how many times i have to repeat myself for a thick person like you.

we dont give awards to those blowers...and hate propogaters..
but on the other hand yours fall in instant love with whoever propogates hate against us.

BTW am against the ban on his book...

let ppls decide wht they think after reading it...

BTW am against the ban on his book...

let ppls decide wht they think after reading it...

pakistan is legally called "islamic republic of pakistan" for a reason?
and banning hate propoganda against well loved public figures isnt unusual..
state can ban any material which can cause public lutcry and law and order situation.
Even britain bans books written against royal family......

Imran Khan merely attending the conclave on the "Satanic Verses" would not cause the Muslim world "immeasurable hurt". But as we people from the subcontinent (not just Pakistanis) are "jazbati" people, we let the emotions get the better of us, & Imran Khan has exploited these very emotions of the masses to get some cheap publicity.

how many times i have to repeat myself for a thick person like you.

we dont give awards to those blowers...and hate propogaters..
but on the other hand yours fall in instant love with whoever propogates hate against us.

HATE??That wasn't hate that was reality.If you read my last post well it isnt related to awards,I'll say again when muslims stop killing,blowing our people(innocents of other religions) for trivial matters like religion prophet etc we'll stop hating you.When muslims who are in the US,UK,Europe stop their "we want Sharia as the only law here" demands we'll stop hating you.When you start abiding and respecting laws of foreign countries you live in rather than going "down with this law it insults our religion,we'll stop hating you".When foreigners come to KSA they obey the rules there,those rules broken by them which are punishable by death then death penalty is dished out to them so if in your lands we live by your rules you simply live by our rules on our lands if there is a problem then get the hell out,you want violent protest then please try and piss us off but then remember what happened in Gujarat in 2002.

Back
Top Bottom