What's new

Sanctions on Russia are hurting other countries: Security Adviser to PM Hasina Tariq Ahmed Siddique at Moscow

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

Sanctions on Russia are hurting other countries: Security Adviser to PM Hasina Tariq Ahmed Siddique at Moscow​

Text:
Tas, Moscow
Published: 16 August 2023, 12:00

Tariq Ahmed Siddique

Tariq Ahmed SiddiquePhoto: Taken from Prime Minister's Office website

Sanctions imposed on Russia are harming the third party i.e. other countries of the world. This measure of sanctions has proven to be an ineffective tool of foreign policy.

Security Advisor to the Prime Minister of Bangladesh, Major General (retd.) Tariq Ahmed Siddique said these things at an international security conference in the Russian capital, Moscow, on Tuesday.

The 11th 'Moscow Conference on International Security' held in the capital of Russia is organized by the country's Ministry of Defence.

In the plenary session of the conference yesterday, Tariq Ahmed Siddique said that the economic sanctions imposed on Russia are also causing suffering to other regions of the world, which is definitely an undesirable situation.

The Prime Minister's Security Adviser said, 'In this context, our country has also faced great suffering.'

Tariq Ahmed Siddique said, 'It is clear to us at the moment that the ban will not benefit anyone. And we are experiencing it firsthand.'

Talking about the situation in the Asia-Pacific region, Tariq Ahmed said that the region has been undergoing significant changes in the past years due to factors such as the events in Ukraine, the subsequent energy crisis, as well as the Sino-US rivalry.

In this context, Dhaka supports the issue of security and mutual respect in the relations between the countries of the region, said the Prime Minister's Security Adviser.

Tariq Ahmed Siddique said that healthy economic competition should be prioritized instead of harmful geopolitical rivalry. Security policies should be developed in the region, conflict should be avoided.

I think his comments are aimed at clearing the way of purchasing Russian aircraft for Bangladesh air force. Bangladesh is interested in buying SU-30 from Russia. It can be mentioned here that China is also interested in supplying their J-10 aircraft for Bangladesh air force.

Yeah, well. Bangladeshis should have sympathy for all of the killed, maimed and suffering Ukrainians. Moscow propaganda, how disgusting!
Funny seeing a Yankee talking people killed, maimed and suffering. Your people should be the last ones talking about killing and suffering considering all the destruction you fu*kers have caused since WW2.

OK, that is your choice. Your immorality will see your nation in hell, right beside the godless Putin.

Funny seeing a Yankee talking people killed, maimed and suffering. Your people should be the last ones talking about killing and suffering considering all the destruction you fu*kers have caused since WW2.
You don't know what you are talking about. America is on the side of God and God blesses America.

I think his comments are aimed at clearing the way of purchasing Russian aircraft for Bangladesh air force. Bangladesh is interested in buying SU-30 from Russia.

Nope, not anymore.

I think his comments are aimed at clearing the way of purchasing Russian aircraft for Bangladesh air force. Bangladesh is interested in buying SU-30 from Russia. It can be mentioned here that China is also interested in supplying their J-10 aircraft for Bangladesh air force.
Even without the war i dont think there is any chance of BD buying jets from russia. Chinese offering are cheaper, western platform qualitatively better.

Even without the war i dont think there is any chance of BD buying jets from russia. Chinese offering are cheaper, western platform qualitatively better.
I am pretty sure that BAF is going to buy either Russian or Chinese aircraft. Western aircraft are too costly for BAF. Turkish TF/X or KAAN is not going to be ready for sale before 2030 so KAAN cannot be an option for BAF for now.

BD cannot buy western jets because the west will never let it be used against India.

And Russia/China will not let them be used against the Burmese.

Bangladesh needs to wait for Turkish or Indonesian jets.

For now buy some third hand jets for training purposes.

Actually true, Russia had no worries as India is buying Russian Oil, Equipment, and Food supplies worth billions of dollars, where as EU is left poor, bad and defeated shape now.

Back
Top Bottom