What's new

Searching New Home for 13,000 MRAPs

Because the mood in Pakistan has changed. We no longer are a pro American society. Young Pakistanis want to formally scrap the 60 year old alliance with the US. If there is a refferendum conducted today, it will be approved by over 95% Pakistanis....

I don't know why the U.S. picked Pakistan over India to begin with. I think, especially after the Bin Laden in Abbottabad fiasco, AT LEAST 95% of Americans would like to jettison the Pakistanis'.

@Aeronaut PAk dont need to buy all of these babies they should get the minimum numbers which can effectively provide safety in the tali bitches area

i get Your point But Since we are already in this mess And It wont matter what people says on this forum or any where the people who matter are politicians and every one knows they live on the money of uncle sam they dont care for Pak, pak people or army

US sanctioned our F-16s, we build JF-17
M1A1 Failed user trails in 1988 we built the Al-Khalid

If we refuse these MARPs, our Burraq MARP will become a success. If we get these, Burraq will die.

US refused UAVs and UCAVs to us, we built Shahpar and Burraq UAS.

American refusals have helped us develop S.Asia's largest weapons exporting industry. We need to foster it, not kill it.

I respect your opinion. But must be reason why PA is not taking interest. Any PA member in forum can better answer this question.
Answer Is Influnce of Uncle Sam Pakistan is already making bullet proof Vehicles But My Friend i tottaly agree with it Every Army should always go for home made weapons so it will increase the quality of product in future You will get better and as u want in very little price But even tough they keep their options open they keep a little number of other systems at their disposel if you are weapons are not that good You can use them to so it will save your life money and give you edge lets just say if PA get proper 200 - 500 vehicles at low cast i know in long term it will charge little much but think how much life's it will save and our soldiers can go bold to remote areas where they cant go with normal vehicles
@Aeronaut
then why we dont see burraq in Fata or any other place they are not operational yet or they are not in that much number it will take years em i talking about for emergence to close a gap yes Pakistan is making jf 17 then why they got 13 f16s to fill the gap until you have those in enough number we can use them simple em not saying get 13000 mraps

Last edited:
US sanctioned our F-16s, we build JF-17
M1A1 Failed user trails in 1988 we built the Al-Khalid

If we refuse these MARPs, our Burraq MARP will become a success. If we get these, Burraq will die.

US refused UAVs and UCAVs to us, we built Shahpar and Burraq UAS.

American refusals have helped us develop S.Asia's largest weapons exporting industry. We need to foster it, not kill it.

It's good to be self sufficient. You messed up with the M1A1, though. They worked pretty good a few years later.

I don't know why the U.S. picked Pakistan over India to begin with. I think, especially after the Bin Laden in Abbottabad fiasco, AT LEAST 95% of Americans would like to jettison the Pakistanis'.

Because Jawahir lal Nehru didn't play ball and kept India in the non allied movement.

General Ayub Khan, betrayed Lady Fatima Jinnah in the elections, ceased power, needed a piggy back ride so he tied our nation to American foreign policy goals...we're still paying for his stupidity.

OBL was dead long before the Abbotabad op. It maybe a fiasco for Americans but our alliance with the US has driven us to a brink of oblivion.

If there was no alliance, we would not have to fight the soviets, we instead would've facilitated their interests and lived in peace, nor would we had to fight this stupid war because General Mushraf agreed to serve the US.

In the end, we are the only allied state on the Asian mainland, from Russia to Burma. If it ends, we would recover our image in Asia. We get looked at as an American stick.

US has not helped us when we needed it. In 1965 war, we were sanctioned while we were engaged in combat, in 1971 the US Navy refused to destroy the Indian blockade in East Pakistan. Had it been done we'd still be in a single piece, it did nothing when India popped a nuke 50 miles from our border in 1973, our people in Kashmir are still suffering as the US wants status quo. US sanctioned us after we fought in Afghanistan for 10 years and were hosting 7 million refugees, because we were developing nukes.

Any nation sorrounded by 3 nuclear powers would have developed nukes anyway!

Alliance has failed to evolve, therefore it must die.

It's good to be self sufficient. You messed up with the M1A1, though. They worked pretty good a few years later.

M1A1 is a fine machine but wasn't suited for our needs. Thar desert has a very fine sand which seeped into the Abram and caused malfunction.

In Punjab, during winter the soil turns into superglue after it rains. Tanks get stuck, slow down and become ducks.

There's nothing wrong with the US technology as the US Tanks earned us a victory in the largest tank battle after WW-II.
The Abram was too heavy for our terrain.

Lastly, if we had Abrams, we wouldn't have ouw own Tank.

M1A1 is very good tank but it failed the marshy test in Pakistan. This tank does not fit in the chemistry of Indo-Pak border.

Thanks. Very 'American' of you.

Please note that i represent my own culture and my culture is one of the oldest and evolved cultures alive today. Its part of our basic atique to allow people to disagree.

I don't hold anything against the American people, as from my experience they are like the rest of us, normal good doers. They are also very charitable and open to diversity. Some of my most favorite personalities like A.Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr, MalcomX were Americans.

the army should get about 50-75 for the FC and a 100 each for the peshawar and quetta corps.

@Aeronaut

If we get them for free, even if they last year or two then why not? Forget about strings attached and we should worry about soldiers who go around in toyotas which is shamefull.

Back
Top Bottom