What's new

Security concerns: Navy battleships moved away from Karachi

The large building is the Engineering Workshop/warehouse for parts and not a Rocket facility. Such a facility, logically would be further inland away from warships where they would not be in danger of getting damaged if there is an accident while fueling up missiles at such a facility.

The large building is the Engineering Workshop/warehouse for parts and not a Rocket facility. Such a facility, logically would be further inland away from warships where they would not be in danger of getting damaged if there is an accident while fueling up missiles at such a facility.

are you referring to the google image or the picture by arslanaslam123?

The squat hulls are tugs and Utility Motor Barges. There are some harbor/communication launches. The two warships in line seems to be of the same class possibly two mine hunters. The dead giveaway is the extension of the forward bulkhead/superstructure after the bridge and just aft of the main gun.

You can also see the lone Agosta with shore based air conditioning ducts snaking into the aft and forward hatches (The yellow pipes).

are you referring to the google image or the picture by arslanaslam123?

Yep. That is the one. PN has huge stock of submarine spares including batteries bought from France, Spain and Portugal to ensure continued support of our submarine fleet.

Navy is wose to identify the enemy ,is pakidtani awam wise to identify???

hmm, actually we cannot say if the warehouse is near or away from shore as the sea cannot be seen in that picture.
Mvc-01107f.jpg

the building shown in Google image by Imran Khan (the one on shore) is a different one and i have also posted its image.
Mvc-01103f.jpg

This is the one we can also see in Google images by Imran Khan
this building surely have nothing to do with the space facility and is part of naval base.

the other one is a bit suspicious.
However, i think that you are quite right that this is not the space facility. that cannot be a big open ware house. i can say this after i have seen the hidden PMO, NDC and KRL facilities and do not accept that this space facility is build openly in middle of vast open land fields!

moreover, if you say that this is a warehouse with spares, i cannot doubt your information! it must be right!

regards!

Incredible that a country's navy has to flee from it's own main base -- but it's not really fleeing it's repositioning, yeah, that's the ticket, repositioning.

Incredible that a country's navy has to flee from it's own main base -- but it's not really fleeing it's repositioning, yeah, that's the ticket, repositioning.

I don't agree with you. As country is in a state of war this is a good strategic decision to keep assets safe.

i thinks it is being a bit too harsh stating that navy have fled the place fearing there lives!
this is a good tactical move, i think this is a blessing in disguise! we seriously need to develop strong naval bases outside Karachi where there is little population and there is no need of marriage halls on the base!
this will help maintain tight security, and, in some cases, secrecy!

regards

Time for relocation , all these bases are almost next to civilian localities . Either stop reconstruction around the area for security reason or relocate. So, it seems navy prefer relocation ..

i thinks it is being a bit too harsh stating that navy have fled the place fearing there lives!
this is a good tactical move, i think this is a blessing in disguise! we seriously need to develop strong naval bases outside Karachi where there is little population and there is no need of marriage halls on the base!
this will help maintain tight security, and, in some cases, secrecy!

regards

Lets never blow smoke each other's way - why was the move necessary? Pakistan's biggest city is not safe for her own armed forces, especially the navy - that's the reality - instead of counting on Pakistani civilians for support, the Navy, like the Air Force and the Army, finds that the Islamist insurgency has robbed them of that support.

So, yeah, new bases, blessing in disguise and all that - sure - but reality, that's a a tough....

well, recent TV report about different security installation, it surprising security officials those who are on govt payroll don't bother to show up at work.

Back
Top Bottom