What's new

Sena hits out at Katju for saying awarding Bharat Ratna to Tendulkar a disgrace to country

Then what were you going on about when I said Nehru did not deserve the Bharat Ratna?

I take it as an offence when ignorant people like u compare nehru with a businessman like tendulkar.
Just because congress is doing badly and we lost 62 war dosen't take away from nehru his achievements..................the biggest among which was keeping us united.

Have a look at our illustrious neighbour for reference

Individual perceptions do not work as far as granting award is concerned. The government sets up a framework which is followed by a collective body with certain rules and regulations. We can debate till trinity over the qualifying criteria but it is the framework that decides who gets it and who do not, not us.

Nope...........its decided by the most powerful person in the govt,which was rahul gandhi in upa.
Now its modi...

I take it as an offence when ignorant people like u compare nehru with a businessman like tendulkar.
Just because congress is doing badly and we lost 62 war dosen't take away from nehru his achievements..................the biggest among which was keeping us united.

Have a look at our illustrious neighbour for reference

I too get offended when the wrong person gets the credit for something he isn't responsible for, be it good or bad. Give a rudimentary explanation on Nehru's role in keeping the Nation united(at least after Sardar Patel united it for him).

And how does Tendulkar being a businessman diminish his achievements as a cricketer? Because, Cricket's the reason for his award, not some business.

I too get offended when the wrong person gets the credit for something he isn't responsible for, be it good or bad. Give a rudimentary explanation on Nehru's role in keeping the Nation united(at least after Sardar Patel united it for him).

And how does Tendulkar being a businessman diminish his achievements as a cricketer? Because, Cricket's the reason for his award, not some business.

Ya right,patel united it for him bullshit.
Patel died when??care to tell me??

We needed a central leader like nehru who ensured we had a single party govt for 2 decades without fail,,,this resulted in solidification of the democracy.
Plus he was a tolerant and moderate guy unlike patel,,,we needed such people back in the day considering the diversity of the nation.Anyone who says opposite simply is fooling himself.

And as i said earlier,,,u can see what happened to pakistan when jinnah died and they had no other tall leader to provide leadership:coffee:

Legally nothing,,,morally everything.
He indeed did take part in corruption as far as ferrari episode is concerned

Ya right,patel united it for him bullshit.
Patel died when??care to tell me??

We needed a central leader like nehru who ensured we had a single party govt for 2 decades without fail,,,this resulted in solidification of the democracy.
Plus he was a tolerant and moderate guy unlike patel,,,we needed such people back in the day considering the diversity of the nation.Anyone who says opposite simply is fooling himself.

And as i said earlier,,,u can see what happened to pakistan when jinnah died and they had no other tall leader to provide leadership:coffee:

Patel died in 1950. Care to tell me which part of modern India was united under Nehru's leadership after Patel's death? If you didn't know, lemme tell you it was Goa, and Nehru waited till 1961 to take Goa.:lol: A full decade after Patel was gone.

And you say that Congress being the single largest party with no strong opposition was a blessing to the country? So Nehru being a quasi-dictator solidified Democracy?:lol:

So basically most Bharat Ratnas have to be revoked then, isn't it?

Patel died in 1950. Care to tell me which part of modern India was united under Nehru's leadership after Patel's death? If you didn't know, lemme tell you it was Goa, and Nehru waited till 1961 to take Goa.:lol: A full decade after Patel was gone.

And you say that Congress being the single largest party with no strong opposition was a blessing to the country? So Nehru being a quasi-dictator solidified Democracy?:lol:

Believe what u want to believe.
Won't stop u:tup:

I believe in facts. Do you?

As i said,,,believe what u want.
99% of india also believes that salman is a great actor and kick is an awesome movie.

Dosen't change the reality.

And i told u earlier too......my comments won't be liked by 99.99% of our population.I make no bones about it

As i said,,,believe what u want.
99% of india also believes that salman is a great actor and kick is an awesome movie.

Dosen't change the reality.

And i told u earlier too......my comments won't be liked by 99.99% of our population.I make no bones about it

As I too said earlier, you're holding opinions by the plenty, but provide little facts to back them up.

Salman being a great actor and Kick being an awesome movie are again opinions, not facts. If you were to say Salman is a bad actor, it would be your opinion. If you were to highlight where and how he was bad in his acting, that would approach a factual backing of some sort.

As I too said earlier, you're holding opinions by the plenty, but provide little facts to back them up.

Salman being a great actor and Kick being an awesome movie are again opinions, not facts. If you were to say Salman is a bad actor, it would be your opinion. If you were to highlight where and how he was bad in his acting, that would approach a factual backing of some sort.

I think u need to leave me alone,please.
I don't wish to drag it further....................

I think u need to leave me alone,please.
I don't wish to drag it further....................

Sorry about it. Won't bother you. In some other thread and some other topic then. :)

Always felt bad that subash chandra bose wasn't awarded with a Bharat Ratna. Now happy that subash didn't got Bharat Ratna.

Katju is right for a change. Looks like the BJP win has given him some spine. I still remember the days when he used to suck up to Antonio Maino and Pappu. LOL.

Its about time Bharat Ratna was awarded to Indians based on a certain written criteria and rules. Enough of discretionary powers in granting such honors.

Same goes to Padma Bhushan and Padma Vibushan.

Back
Top Bottom