What's new

Serving Brigadier arrested for suspected links with Hizbut Tahrir

I have a doubt about this disclosure by PA. What will be the repercussions of this action by PA? I mean after the Abottabad incident some organisation did declare to avenge their martyr hero so what if some other organization says that it will not tolerate betrayal of such idealists i mean what would the Army do then?

Also this would serve as a warning to other similar members in PA wouldn't it? Now they will be extra careful which defeats the idea of weeding out such unwanted elements? And no i am not saying PA is filled with such elements.

What doubt you have?

and the repercussions are that many rotten apples have already been busted

we call indians as infidel in pakistan because they dont worship Allah.
I beg your pardon! It is important to note that "Allah" is the same word that Arabic-speaking Christians and Jews use for God. In Arabic, it is the standard word for "God," used not only by Muslims, but also by Bahá'ís, Eastern Catholic Christians, Eastern Orthodox Christians, Mizrahi Jews and Sikhs.

So, if Allah means God, then Indians, whatever their faith believe in Him! So, are Indians infidels? The real infidels are those who don't believe in Allah (God).

And who is an 'Infidel'?

> An unbeliever with respect to a particular religion, especially Christianity or Islam.
> One who has no religious beliefs.
> One who doubts or rejects a particular doctrine, system, or principle.

So then, are Indians who follow different faiths, infidels? There are more Muslims in India than Pakistan, but they are Indians. Are they also 'infidels'?

There is only ONE God, the supreme, the maker of this universe. So whether you're a Muslim, Christian, Hindu or Sikh, you pray to only HIM. There are no different Gods of different religions. There could be different messiahs, but just one God (Allah).

The Executive Jack Azz , Kiyani has done it again; Embarrassed the whole military. Even if the Brig in question had any links with extremist organization there was no need to publicize that out loud, Such news should remain in dark, now they have provided a reason for the whole world to believe that ''western apprehensions were accurate and we do have extremist elements in our Armed forces'' Kiyani and his minions lack foresight to predict the consequences of their actions, Now Kiyani will be smooched by his American counterparts but the institution of military will be defamed.

NO sir Kiyani did not embarrass anyone. FYI Army has a systematic internal monitoring system and if you think it was out of blue moon then its not like that .

He was under observation for a long time and atlast the intelligence busted him TWO months back. Its good that it has been made public NOTHING wrong in it.

I will request the army to make Public all those court Martial and those who are punished in army (through their own internal monitoring and investigation/judicial system) . This will make the public aware that NOBODY who is guilty left unpunished in army.

I beg your pardon! It is important to note that "Allah" is the same word that Arabic-speaking Christians and Jews use for God. In Arabic, it is the standard word for "God," used not only by Muslims, but also by Bahá'ís, Eastern Catholic Christians, Eastern Orthodox Christians, Mizrahi Jews and Sikhs.

So, if Allah means God, then Indians, whatever their faith believe in Him! So, are Indians infidels? The real infidels are those who don't believe in Allah (God).

And who is an 'Infidel'?

> An unbeliever with respect to a particular religion, especially Christianity or Islam.
> One who has no religious beliefs.
> One who doubts or rejects a particular doctrine, system, or principle.

So then, are Indians who follow different faiths, infidels? There are more Muslims in India than Pakistan, but they are Indians. Are they also 'infidels'?

:undecided: what this nonsense talk has to do with this thread in the first place? whoever started it.

By the way don't we need a change in the title of the thread.

Serving Brigadier arrested for suspected links with banned organization.

He has no links with TTP or LeJ so word militant seems inappropriate.

:) media always sells on sentimentalization .

He has been detained on charges of suspected connection with Hizbu Tehrir (a banned organization) NOT TTP or LeJ

Brig Ali case: army interrogating 4 Majors

RAWALPINDI: DG ISPR, Major General Athar Abbas has said that four Majors were being investigated along with Brigadier Ali Khan for their alleged links with a banned organisation.

In a radio interview, Major General Athar Abbas said that Brigadier Ali Khan had links with banned organisation Hizbul Tehrir and was involved in illegal activities which were against Army discipline.

Brigadier Ali is currently detained and being interrogated. He dismissed reports that a large number of soldiers were in contact with militants or had links with banned organisations. However, he added that in an institution, as large as the army, presence of such individuals could not be immediately dismissed.

Answering a question about the Abbottabad raid and the attack on PNS Mehran, Major General Athar Abbas said many inefficiencies had surfaced following these incidents. He said that there were many reasons behind these incidents and inter-departmental inquiries had been conducted in this regard.

Many issues had come before the people and many were being investigated. He said the army wanted to bring forward all information and did not want to hide anything. The nation should however understand that it cannot be informed of all issues relating national security because it would cause harm to the people and be beneficial to enemies, he added.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/NewsDetail.aspx?ID=17444

I suspect an entire network that operates within the army will be caught and dismissed and/or prosecuted.

This is the need of the hour and I am glad that this is underway, these elements found within the ranks have only hurt Pakistan and they need to be punished for it.

It says Hizb-ul-tehrir wants to revive Islam and Khilafat,Whats wrong in it and when does that became extremism?

It says Hizb-ul-tehrir wants to revive Islam and Khilafat,Whats wrong in it and when does that became extremism?

Hizb ul Tahrir has worldwide campaigns and they are working in many countries. everything is wrong with their method. They advocate military coups in Muslim countries to bring down govta there and replace them with their own ideology. this is whats wrong them.

anything which has use of unfair means and force is WRONG

since your dictator brought someone else's war to your country 11 years ago everything is extremism
dying in a bathroom is also extremism
dollars in the pocket and blood of fellow countrymen on hands is a weird combination my friend.

Before taking any step you have to run the ''cost and and benefit analysis'' . You have to weigh the pro's and con's before leaping in to the dark, If we look at Pakistan military in the present scenario, they have more to lose than what they will be gaining with this Brig-extremist-links fiasco. There is no limit that to which extent the enemies of Pakistan military will exploit this abrupt revelation in their favor. You have to consider the broader view here, Pakistan military has been exposed as the institution, penetrated by the radicals & for that Pakistan military will end up with eggs on her face. As for Civil-military engagement, it's beyond a reasonable doubt that this step would serve any purpose to bridge the civil-military gaps, as we all know that the bulk of of Pakistani's don't consider that these organizations are being run by radical Mullah's. So what has Pakistan military gained? Other than impressing a few neo-liberals, Pakistan military stands all alone.

And what is in your mind, that the 'Cost and benefit' analysis might have not been done by PA before making the info public? I ll not go into details of Hizbut tahrir, and in fact that is not the topic even, however, that organization is 'banned' in Pakistan, for whatever reasons, and that ban has not been lifted so far. So as per rules every Pakistani including Army officers are supposed to keep themselves away from it. Responsibility on govt servants lies larger than the civilians / non-govt. personnel. I agree that the same will be exploited to the extent possible by the enemies, but all of their rants will die their own death as the said 'change' gonna benefit the whole Army in Long Run.

It's also been suspected of providing financial support to militant organizations to further it's agenda, some of it's members have been involved in "Hit and Run" incidents on noted anti-Islamic figures. In Pakistan it is banned for it's extremist ideals, expel non-muslims and stuff.................

It's also been suspected of providing financial support to militant organizations to further it's agenda, some of it's members have been involved in "Hit and Run" incidents on noted anti-Islamic figures. In Pakistan it is banned for it's extremist ideals, expel non-muslims and stuff.................

Oh thank you all for clarification.

What doubt you have?

and the repercussions are that many rotten apples have already been busted

Have u even read my post before replying adhoc ?? If u see it properly u will understand my doubt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom