What's new

Sexual health book in Pakistan schools draws protests

Also more children doesn't mean economic prosperity, infact more children are a burden on families because only a few end up supporting them all.

Let me elaborate a little: More children with FIXED resources (your country has fixed amount of land for example) are recipes of Poverty.....

And if all those kids are themselves poor how will they be able to do justice to their responsibilities including towards those at their parents.....

It is the best natural method of contraception after child birth......

Well AFTER child birth...... :lol:

Useful in spacing between two consecutive pregnancies...... :)

It is a highly risky method of contraception!
And as effective as a woman eating papayas in order to abort a foetus!
All Grandmother's tales.

It is a highly risky method of contraception!

Risk is there but very less.....lesser than Condoms for example.....

And as effective as a woman eating papayas in order to abort a foetus!
All Grandmother's tales.

Nah not just Grandma's tales.......it's supported by Scientific evidence obtained through multiple controlled trials......

Risk is there but very less.....lesser than Condoms for example.....

Nah not just Grandma's tales.......it's supported by Scientific evidence obtained through multiple controlled trials......

Ah, you must be a Scientist. Then I gotta believe you. :P

:angry: they should use the word sex making not love making for the sex animal instincts

Sex whether made to your wife or to just a casual lay is still sex.....

Whether its made to someone you love or not does not make a difference as it is still inspired by the same animal instinct....
So "making love" is just a nicer way of saying the same thing....

Breast Feeding does not allow next pregnancy to happen ..

Exclusive breastfeeding has in fact been shown to be an excellent form of birth control, but there are certain criteria that must be met for breastfeeding to be used effectively.

Exclusive breastfeeding (by itself) is 98-99.5% effective in preventing pregnancy as long as all of the following conditions are met:

Your baby is less than six months old
Your menstrual periods have not yet returned
Baby is breastfeeding on cue (both day & night), and gets nothing but breastmilk or only token amounts of other foods

xclusive breastfeeding has in fact been shown to be an excellent form of birth control, but there are certain criteria that must be met for breastfeeding to be used effectively.

Exclusive breastfeeding (by itself) is 98-99.5% effective in preventing pregnancy as long as all of the following conditions are met:

Baby is breastfeeding on cue (both day & night), and gets nothing but breastmilk or only token amounts of other foods

Epic Facepalm!!!!

Did you sleep in your Biology classes?

discussing sexual intercourse with students of class 6 to 10 is more like inspiring them flr having sex at an age where they should be ejoying childhood and childish innocence. Thanks to western approach of the so called sexual education for chi.dren as young as 5 year old, i reguarly see mothers who are 13 year old,and recently a 9 year old gave birth. Teen gesrs are sexually hyper active here because all the demonization of sex has gone. Its just anlher fun activity same as playing hide n seek. Dont want same thik in Pakista. Sex should remain taboo and flrbidden territry in the mk ds lf school kids , not a nlrmal fun

Hands on my heart, i swear i didnt know what a man does to a woman in the bedroom until i was 19. I saw the first picture lf a nde wlman at 21. I dont think i missed out n anthing.

Sexual health book in Pakistan schools draws protests

Karachi, April 11 (IANS) A school book on sexual health, which exhorts use of "secure procedure" during sexual intercourse, has been termed controversial as a parent asked "Is this what we send our daughters to learn from school?"

The school book on sexual health is part of the curricula for class six to class 10 in government secondary schools of Karachi.

Called "Zindagi guzarne ke maharaton per mubni taaleem" (Life Skill Based Education - LSBE), the book is supplementary besides the syllabus approved by the Sindh Text Book Board (STBB), the Daily Times reported Monday.

A girl student's father pointed out that in chapter 12, students have been instructed to use "secure procedure" during sexual intercourse with their partners to avoid diseases like AIDS.

It goes on to instruct, "During sex with an affected person or someone you don't know, a condom should be used".

The man asked: "Is this what we send our daughters to learn from school?"

The media report said that a few teachers backed out from teaching the book after reading it. Several principals and an education officer in Karachi have termed the content of the book controversial.

The content was contrary to the local values and should be modified, District Education Officer Shabbir Ahmed Jokhio was quoted as saying. He hoped that the objectionable content would be taken out from the book in the next year.

Mangalorean.Com- Serving Mangaloreans Around The World!

Good post. Sex education should be mandatory in Pakistan. But more importantly, abstenience should be taught so Pakistan population increase will slow down. We won't want to end up like india where they are #1 in aids in the world and their population is growing at such a rapid rate into poverty.

ofcourse moral values plays a big part in our society. no one in our culture would want their teenage kids to bring their partner home & have sex in the attic and make babies when their parents are watching easternders in the front room. india's population increase is not due to teenage pregnancy rates.

Moral values play very little when it comes to sex....Trust me when I say this, but teenagers will find a way to do so...
Would you rather your son or daughter treat sex without consequences and end up getting pregnant, or contract STD's or AIDS (God forbid) because their education system decided that sex-ed wasnt that important as say science or Math?

If Teenagers give 2 hoots about moral values towards drinking and drugs (2 huge red flags in Indian society, even from a religious perspective), then what makes you think sex, something much more intimate and concealable will be a no bars ground?

Our population may not be going up due to teenage pregnancy, but incidence of AIDS and STDs definitely are.....

it's basically due to lack of education. there is nothing wrong with educating indvidual about sex... but do this at the right age. in our society you don't need to educate a 6th standard child about this stuff!!

I dont see what is so wrong about teaching kids in 6th grade....Most kids hit puberty in or around that age...
In fact its the most contextually relevant topic...considering they can relate to what's being taught in the class and get answers instead of reaching out to our awkward parents who will only in rare cases be able to have a one on one talk....
Do you even know how complex Indian parents are with topics like this?

Exclusive breastfeeding has in fact been shown to be an excellent form of birth control, but there are certain criteria that must be met for breastfeeding to be used effectively.

WTF????????? :hitwall:

Post link so you don't look like a weirdo.

Back
Top Bottom