What's new

Shaan wants Pakistan to produce epics about local heroes, history

Well I seriously don't consider side role, or a hero in cheap 3rd grade movie qualify for being mainstream.
Pakistani singers have left a mark and rahat would be written down in history to providing countless hot songs. So does atif.
But these actors are not doing well and we have to accept that.
There is no apetite in the start. Hinduata phenomenon or anti Muslim and anti Pakistan sentiment doesn't emerge in a day or a result of some terrorist activity.
It is always there and that is shown in the form of no main role given to the actors.
Your ironic post saying anti-Muslim sentiment while the last 3 biggest Bollywood stars were Muslim gives me an insight into your thought process.

Again, your definition of cheap and 3rd grade is not how the rest of the world defines it. You probably think that any movie in which the women are not wearing a full burka is 'cheap'. Your subjectivity does not define any global standards.

If you are expecting Ali Zafar or anyone else to get lead roles because they are celebrities in Pakistan, then you are mistaken. These people can be whoever in Pakistan and it doesn't affect whether they will get big roles in India. They have to prove that they can get audiences to cinemas in India and gradually actors will get larger and larger roles. All I can say is that Ali Zafar was mainstream which meant that he was able to get the audiences. If he had continued, he would have bagged larger and better roles.

Lastly, yes, terrorist incidents create a huge impact in people's minds. In fact, the Mumbai attack is cited as the watershed event which turned most parts of India against any peace with Pakistan. These will obviously have an impact on Pakistani talent working in India.

He is saying Pakistan should produce this type of dramas.
Dear you are just trying not to understand me by being emotional. Let me try once again.
Look filmmaking is not a one man job. There are many departments working together. Countries have declared it an industry and developed it. Hollywood is an industry, you can find sets, cameras, technicians, special effects, props and what not. Similarly Turkey have this developed industry. There people get the budget from the producers and they get all the infrastructure of making films. They just make films using the infrastructure.
Pakistan has not that kind of infrastructure. We do have in the 60s, but then we ruined it by going towards extremism. If we would have our own movies we can have our laws implemented, like no vulgarity, no nudity, no foreign concepts such as gay lesbian etc. Every society needs something to watch and it's better to watch stuff made by our own the others. Bollywood really effected us. The mullahs are totally fine watching Indian films, with mudhuri dancing. But aren't OK with a Pakistan film where no such vulgarity exist.
Our youth actors are son of some one or brother of someone etc and not talented. There is not even a mechanism of selecting new talent from masses and thousands who are capable are wasted.
After that our youth has set a standard and it is bollywood. And they want to achieve that monstrosity which has nothing to do with acting or good film making etc.
Even our drama standards have fallen so low. They film in a home with actors reading of boards and women weeping and same story lines that support the bad stereo types in society.
Now government cannot make it an industry. They have to give loans to business and stuff and whatnot. Let imran khan give kind of a status of industry and offer incentives and next day he would have 100 Fatwas ordered against him. Nor it is piriorty as there are many other things.
Why not these people (so called film industry or big names) do it on their own self. Why shan instead of making gandasa films try to make better one's in his prime ? Why not the directors and producers aiming it as a industry and establishing it? because they are temporary artist only there for money and not passion.
Nobody is stopping them. They can make a series investing billions and it would earn them billions but they don't. And I don't know what they expect government to do?

Your ironic post saying anti-Muslim sentiment while the last 3 biggest Bollywood stars were Muslim gives me an insight into your thought process.

Again, your definition of cheap and 3rd grade is not how the rest of the world defines it. You probably think that any movie in which the women are not wearing a full burka is 'cheap'. Your subjectivity does not define any global standards.

If you are expecting Ali Zafar or anyone else to get lead roles because they are celebrities in Pakistan, then you are mistaken. These people can be whoever in Pakistan and it doesn't affect whether they will get big roles in India. They have to prove that they can get audiences to cinemas in India and gradually actors will get larger and larger roles. All I can say is that Ali Zafar was mainstream which meant that he was able to get the audiences. If he had continued, he would have bagged larger and better roles.

Lastly, yes, terrorist incidents create a huge impact in people's minds. In fact, the Mumbai attack is cited as the watershed event which turned most parts of India against any peace with Pakistan. These will obviously have an impact on Pakistani talent working in India.
Well for you maybe the top three actors are Muslims. Or carry Muslim names. But they are not Muslims anymore. They openly declare it. They do poojas and all kind of stuff. They married Hindu and raising theirs kids with Hindu religion and culture.what more so you want from them.
All their life they have been trying to justify them and their love for their country and Hinduism.

All alzafar did was laden movies, or some David dhavan movie. All are 3rd grade movies. Nothing that is your mainstream cinema. Where has the burka come from?
By 3rd grade I meant low budgeted not mainstream movie for specific few people etc.

I kind of agree and disagree . Ali zafar is mostly known as a singer in pakistan before his bollywood adventure. Though he worked in some dramas early on but his main profession is singing.
Anyway the question is not ali zafar. The question is Pakistani actors. They were just wasting their time by doing minor side roles and nothing more.
Selection have nothing to do with past achievements or how much one is popular in their own country . But it is also the truth that there is no place for a hero who ethnicity is Pakistani. He might be given a side role and that's its.

Well for you maybe the top three actors are Muslims. Or carry Muslim names. But they are not Muslims anymore. They openly declare it. They do poojas and all kind of stuff. They married Hindu and raising theirs kids with Hindu religion and culture.what more so you want from them.
I don't get the business of deciding what people's faith or identity is. It's rude, crass and no one has given me the authority to declare anyone Muslim or not, Hindu or not. If they say they are Muslims, its good enough for me.

All their life they have been trying to justify them and their love for their country and Hinduism.
I don't see the problem. If they love their country and Hinduism, good for them. They should, hopefully, love other countries and other religions too. What's the problem here?

All alzafar did was laden movies, or some David dhavan movie. All are 3rd grade movies. Nothing that is your mainstream cinema. Where has the burka come from?
By 3rd grade I meant low budgeted not mainstream movie for specific few people etc.
Mainstream cinema is not just limited to three Khan movies. You have an impression of what Bollywood used to be. Today, Indian mainstream cinema includes small budget movies and movies with off-beat scripts as well. The audience appetite has become much more discerning. That's why today the three Khans are not considered the epitome of what constitutes a 'hit' or 'mainstream' movie. Actors like Rajkumar Rao, Irfan Khan and many others have delivered hits.

In general, Pakistani actors (just like any foreign actor) will take longer to be mainstreamed as bollywood stars (and not exotic showpieces). They have to show they can draw Indian audiences out to cinemas. That alone determines their market worthiness and whether higher budget movies will take a risk with having them as the lead actor.

If not for the incidents of terrorism, it looked like Zafar was on track to becoming a bollywood star.

I think he is not wrong about promoting local history.

the Lollywood star
Someone really needs to ban this word. How can pakistan film be taken seriously with that kind of name? Hollywood is a place in California, what is Lollywood?

Was he sleeping when we were showing Turkish culture and even Indian culture?

Now suddenly a pro islamic drama appears and he happens to have a critics over it...

He is over industry, rather than critisizing why don't he start such a series by himself. No one is stopping him.

Shaan wants Pakistan to produce epics about local heroes, history
SAMAA | Digital
Posted: May 2, 2020 | Last Updated: 14 hours ago
Shan-Shahid.jpg

Photo: SAMAA Digital

Actor and director Shaan Shahid is not happy about the Turkish epic on Ertugrul Gazi being aired on PTV this Ramazan.

On Prime Minister Imran Khan’s request, the Turkish soap chronicling the life of the Muslim warrior, has been airing on PTV every day. The 179-episode drama series—whose original title is Dirilis: Ertugrul—has been dubbed into Urdu.

According to the prime minister, watching the show will make the youth learn about Islamic history and ethics.

In a tweet on Friday, the actor made a sarcastic remark about the show. Sharing a photograph of a protective face mask, the actor said that he bought a Rs160 mask for Rs2,500.

“This is what we do in Ramazan, high prices on life saving items and food prices also touching the skies…after watching our Turkish Islamic history and learning all the good words and deeds this is what we actually practice,” he tweeted.

Earlier, the Lollywood star had tweeted at Senator Faisal Javed, who is the chairperson of the standing committee on broadcasting and heritage, and asked him to focus on Pakistan’s history and heroes rather than the Turks.

While lauding the senator’s announcement, Shaan said that PTV should produce epics like this.

https://www.samaa.tv/news/2020/05/shaan-wants-pakistan-to-produce-epics-about-local-heroes-history/

Agreed with the man although he himself isn't any better as he can't act for shit and acted in probably over 100 useless movies already.

The thing is, Pakistanis are an incompetent lot through and through in almost every walk of life and entertainment industry is not any different.

From stupid name like lollywood to garbage acting, garbage direction, garbage production, garbage story, garbage promotion to garbage viewers who like nothing but garbage, alot of garbage, doses upon doses of garbage over and over again first from local sources and then from neighbouring garbage sources.

Then comes garbage system of jealousy and nepotism. Good shareef actors are systematically sidelined and below mediocre shitty actors are promoted. And then their relatives are promoted who can't act for shit. Stories remain same, actors remain same, just name of the drama/movie changes.

As for kids cartoons, lol, Pakistanis can't even dub cartoons in Urdu let alone make them.

Like I said, through and through incompetent nation.
Very stupid remarks.

I think you should watch Pakistani dramas, they are way much better than Indian dramas. Acting standards are also really good.

Hollywood is a place in California, what is Lollywood?
Mumbai based indian film Industrys name is bollywood. Bumbai sa Bollywood. Pakistan's Lahore based film Industrys name was Lollywood. Lahore sa lollywood.
Was he sleeping when we were showing Turkish culture and even Indian culture?
He is saying Pakistan should also make this type of dramas.

Mumbai based indian film Industrys name is bollywood. Bumbai sa Bollywood. Pakistan's Lahore based film Industrys name was Lollywood. Lahore sa lollywood.
There are movie industry in other parts of the world like China, France, Iran, Malaysia, etc, but we obviously had to follow India out of all places. Whatever the case, the name still sounds like a joke

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

FOR REAL? Somebody shares all the movies he has done in past and tag him and then ask him, is that what we should be producing?

Lmfaoo
People have already asked him on social media about his gandasas and gujjar movies.

lol... what a load of crap...

while goodie goodie india does what?....

the further we stay from the degernate indian culture the better.. turkish/arab culture any day any time

Where did he local culture of KPK, Sindh, Punjab and Balochustan go?
Sorry to say but disgusting slave mentality. Arab invaders must have left some cousins in our family tree

We should promote game pehlwan and Sultan Rahi. Thats enough to scare the Arabs out :yahoo::yahoo:

I don't understand this desi mentality of vouching so hard to be slaves of imperial power. Perhaps a case of very low self esteem or identity crisis over years of conflicting political ideas

Last edited:
Those Punjabi films were low budget films like this.
Friend have you seen what bollywood was doing in 60s and what Hollywood was doing in 60s. The films have even better quality and technology then what our dear so called legend shan made in the 90s. He even produced ones. He bring that cheap stage actresses. That gandasa culture and every film was like gujar this and that.
He has everyone from the industry, he has the capital, he has contacts. Why don't he make films. When he refused bollywood, why don't he refused those films?
Besides Indias 3rdgrade cheap movie would be better then those gandasa movies. You may like them and I am totally fine with it. But these so called celebrities have done nothing but wait for others to do something.

Where did he local culture of KPK, Sindh, Punjab and Balochustan go?
Sorry to say but disgusting slave mentality. Arab invaders must have left some cousins in our family tree

We should promote game pehlwan and Sultan Rahi. Thats enough to scare the Arabs out :yahoo::yahoo:

I don't understand this desi mentality of vouching so hard to be slaves of imperial power. Perhaps a case of very low self esteem or identity crisis over years of conflicting political ideas

Marrying cousin with Arabs?

No why?

Do some of your cousins married some to Sikh...or may be you have married a sick ? No? Would explain your line of thinking

again what stupid arguments you present.

What Arabs gave was Islam that if you actually were a Muslim would understand that it defines human behavior.

for instance passing family insults is
Generally a non Muslim....Hindu culture is the exact opposite to Islam.

Think with out Arabs who brought Islam we would burning women, not know how to bury, halal and non halal, laws of economic as defined by God ... ie thousands of positive concepts.

no body asked you to adopt their particular culture just thier deen and what it entails

Slave mentality? Like I said you probably don’t understand Islam. If understood the story of Adam AS you would know humans are the highest form of creation and the only slave we are to is God.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom