What's new

Shame on China:Chinese children endure 'world's most dangerous school run'

When I see those kids clinching to the steep rocks, and perhaps risking their lives, for only going to school, my heart is weeping...

Guys, especially those who live in China, we should all extend our helping hands, in addition to our mouth, to them. I have personally been sponsoring 2 little girls' schooling from poor families in Sichuan province for 5 years. Their addresses are 四川省广元市利州区白朝乡白朝村. Have any of you been there? I'd very appreciate if any of you could tell what the village is look like. I wish I could be there one day to see them...

That's a truly honorable thing to do.

Cheers :cheers:

Good thread.

Awesome kids. Eager to learn.

When I see those kids clinching to the steep rocks, and perhaps risking their lives, for only going to school, my heart is weeping...
I'm not really sure why you would be weeping? This is a great story about China's determined people and great future. These are demonstrably hard working, hard striving people. Even the kids have these attributes. This story put a smile on my face. For a poor country like China that still has over 100 million people below the poverty line (especially in it's geographically isolated terrains in Xinjiang, Tibet, Guizhou, Yunnan, Sichuan, Gansu and Qinghai); it's amazing and inspiring to see the poor lifting themselves up and improving themselves just as the now middle class but previously dirt poor Chinese in other parts of China did before them. Kudos to the peoples of China. All I can say is just wow, what spirit and determination!

lovely kids indeed,free Hongkong tour.The government owes them too much,maybe a small favor to make it up a little bit.

99398338_62710762_middle_zps521591ba.jpg

The girl looks nice, reminding me how different China can be. The income gap between the rich and poor is in China very large nowadays, it is virtually an ocean between the urban cities and rural areas.

Bastards can build buildings in less than a second but it hurts their pocket to build a bridge. Pathetic. Asian slavery at it its best in China.

Yup, the bastards outside the jurisdiction of Tajiks autonomous region.

I'm agree that China should remove the autonomous policy for minority. It's discriminating, alienating fellow Chinese and harm these poor people. Central government should take more role in this area development, no more stupid autonomous local government that ignored their own people.

A lot of sources in China say that those Tajiks will never be moved out to more sustainable land,cause they were posted there by the central government for several hundred years as semi garrison units to defend the country border,there are a lot of places in Pamir are so inaccessible that even well equipped government troops can not reach let alone setting up permanent stations.
because they have to give up a lot to live there in harsh land to protect the border and their long history of courageous fighting and dying to protect China's border,they are being called the "most patriotic people in China".but the bad thing is due to the fact that they have performed their duty so well for several hundred years,they might never get a chance to be moved out to have a better life.

reference:塔吉克族:帕米尔 高原上的雄鹰 - ä¸*国民族宗教网

("The Tajik people living on this plateau are called the Eagle of the Pamirs maybe not just because the eagle is their totem, but also because of their bravery. Having lived on this highland for thousands of years, the Tajik ethnic people have long before begun to take on the responsibility voluntarily to safeguard the country's borders. Moni Tablit is a local government official with the Taxkorgan Tajik Autonomous County.

"The most outstanding contribution the Tajik ethnic people have made is defending the Chinese frontiers. The Tajik ethnic people have manifested a strong sense of patriotism. We love our nation, our homeland.")

I Came across this news and it just makes very very angry,yes people are NOT born equal,but the gap should not be this big,especially in the same country.the local officials should be investigated for their inaction and incompetence.

Some of those people still live in houses made of mud.
084947iocin99c52noao6njpgthumb_zps27752e0d.jpg

Dont u know China is still a Developing Country and u are acting as from a Developed one. It takes time to be perfect. The times not come yet. Play a wait n watch game and be a little patient like Indians. We know we have a long way to go and so shud u understand that its still a good amount of journey to cover.

I love our Tajik brothers and sisters, they are known as one of the most patriotic minorities in China.
They contributed a lot in the fighting with "East Turkistan" terrorists.

最爱国的民族

从喀什到塔县时,我们车上搭载了一位塔县的朋友,红旗拉甫武警边防派出所所长阿布拉。这位在塔县守边多年的维吉尔族中校,话匣子一打开,滔滔不绝,让我们漫长的旅程变得快乐起来。他讲的最多的就是他打了十几年交道的塔吉克人,他在长篇叙述过后,这样评价塔吉克人:“他们是最爱国的民族!”

阿不拉所在的派出所是新疆辖区最大的派出所,管辖着660公里边境线。“我们全所一共只有18个干警,要不是塔吉克牧民帮着我们巡逻守边,这么长的边境绝对守不住!”阿不拉告诉我们,塔吉克牧民警惕性都很高,见到生人就会主动盘问(边防战士一般不易辨别),发现可疑之处就会迅速报告边防军或派出所,有能力的就动手抓捕。

“这几年我们这里发生过几起偷渡越境事件,在塔吉克老乡的帮助下,全抓获了,一个没跑出去。去年几个民族分裂主义分子杀人后企图从这里逃到巴基斯坦。翻山口时被老乡发现了,老乡为了稳住他们,就骗他们说这就是巴基斯坦了,然后迅速报告了我们——你看,他们还挺有智谋的。”

在县上采访县委书记缑建伟时,他谈得最多的也是塔吉克人的爱国守边。缑书记说:“塔县与巴基斯坦、阿富汗、塔吉克斯坦三个国家接壤,国境线长达885公里,边境情况复杂。特别是去年9·11事件之后,境内民族分裂主义分子兴奋得很,频频与国外恐怖分子联系,边境形势骤然紧张。一年来塔县边境没有出问题,大部分功劳应该记在塔吉克边民身上。近20年来,我们县发生了近百起偷渡案件,几乎全是塔吉克牧民抓获的,去年一个叫买买·热依木的塔吉克民兵一个人就抓获了28个偷渡分子。他们手无寸铁(猎枪在前几年被统一收缴了),面对的是穷凶极恶的恐怖分子,靠的全是对祖国的一腔热爱和无限忠诚。如果不是他们主动把守国门,我们这里得增加多少军队才能达到这个效果!”

塔县政协副主席马达边罕·包伦是塔吉克族学者,国内权威的几本有关塔吉克族文史资料,都出自他之手。在接受采访时,他说,塔吉克的爱国是有历史的。说着,他翻出几本资料,引经据典给我们讲起来。

清朝初,限于国力,朝廷不再派军队驻守塔什库尔干。当时把守边关全靠阿钦拜克以及当地塔吉克百姓。阿钦拜克是清朝廷口头承认的官员,相当于三品,但不拿俸禄,手下也无一兵一卒。紧靠着塔什库尔干有一个浩汗国(现在是乌兹别克斯坦的一个地区),一直想对外扩张,特别眼红利益颇丰的中印贸易通道,在18世纪末到19世纪中的半个多世纪里,浩汗多次出兵来犯。面对数倍于我的敌军,历任阿钦拜克没有一个退缩、妥协的。史书上记载,1830年,1836年,库尔查克、买买夏两位阿钦拜克誓死抗敌,战死在石头城下,终使敌国未能占我一寸国土。

so the government will never move them out to low land,cause the officials themselves admitted that they need them to guard the border regions.

See, this is exactly why Westward expansion is needed. Not only it reduces the urban overgrowth and potential overcrowding in the Eastern regions, this will actually aid the development of most of China's population. The government at this stage is horribly corrupted and does not seem to understand the definition of "development". Building skyscrapers in 90 days isn't going to help the people improve their living standards nor provide a good base for the country's future development, which lies in its people. A decent, caring government would be the one that uses their resources for defending the civilians' basic rights to food, education, water, etc, not one that spends most of their tax dollars developing cities that are already overflowing. That is an area that the country seriously needs to focus on, and is in a very poor state right now.

For many years now the government claims they are focusing on Westward development. They claim that they are making connections between the East and the West. The question is, where is it?

They have been living in those remote and isolated mountainous region for generations. I don't know why China should spend huge amount of money on those remote areas just for the sake of a couple hundred people. A better approach for a developing country is to relocate those people into more accessible areas.

I cannot imagine any country can lift every citizen out of poverty if some people live on tip of mountains, or isolated valleys, in tiny clusters. Do you guys know even in the U.S. some families have no access to telephone? No company wants to invest huge amount of resources for a couple of customers. But alas, since China is a communist country, China should spend unreasonable amount of resources for the sake of hundred people.

I'm not really sure why you would be weeping? This is a great story about China's determined people and great future. These are demonstrably hard working, hard striving people. Even the kids have these attributes. This story put a smile on my face. For a poor country like China that still has over 100 million people below the poverty line (especially in it's geographically isolated terrains in Xinjiang, Tibet, Guizhou, Yunnan, Sichuan, Gansu and Qinghai); it's amazing and inspiring to see the poor lifting themselves up and improving themselves just as the now middle class but previously dirt poor Chinese in other parts of China did before them. Kudos to the peoples of China. All I can say is just wow, what spirit and determination!

Totally agree. The determination and hard work of the people are the backbone of a nation. Governments cannot do everything for everyone. They are not dirt poor, they have love of life. Don't be judgmental based on your life experience. I was born in a remote tiny island in the pacific ocean and had no access to modern amenities. A age 18, I went to the mainland for the first time for college. But my family was never poor and my childhood was very happy.

Recently China has been relocating people out of inaccessible areas. That's really the only option. Also I don't think the government purposely located those people along the boarders. This is illogical and unsustainable. They are not crazy like those Texans, lol. Go watch some videos about the PLA's boarder stations and you will have better idea of what's going on along the boarders.

Back
Top Bottom