What's new

Shaukat Aziz ke Karnamey

To meet his daughter in London.

How can he be an absconder when no one is looking for him? He is still giving interviews and is still arguing good things about Pakistan.

You mean he transferred all his money to foreign accounts?

Proof?

No one is raising a finger on SA. Only some PML-Q members.

Q and SA are different entities

There is no indication he personally tried to sell it to Arif Habib. There is no indication that it was a lesser bid either.

A move towards privatization was ongoing long before Steel mills came into the picture.

2)Why did he export so much wheat that we didnt have any thing to eat.

Which wheat shortage are you talking about? Pakistan had a wheat shortage again in Jan, of a much higher degree long when SA was out of the picture.

3)Stock exchange crash
Correct me if I'm wrong but the crash happened when Geo TV (an Anti-Government media) announced that Musharraf has been couped out during the Emergency.

So Geo TV caused the crash, not SA.

4)Sugar crisis

Again senators of various parties were involved in this. What was the role of SA in this?

5)Atta crisis.
Atta/wheat you mentioned this twice.

For getting the country out of debt.

Its one thing to argue with logic and another to do so with hype. Seems like Mr. Mosabja has been convinced by the hype as is the case with most SA bashers.

As far as steel mill, people have very short term memory. When NS foundry almost crippled the steel mill, bring to brink of bankruptcy and Shabaz S pretend to be savior almost going to bid and take over steel mill. Announcing steel mill as white elephant. Who save it? Mushi. NS openly bring scrape from Japan duty free.(my friend use to import brand new spare parts from Japan, and show them garbage in Nawaz containers.Without paying any duty to govt, those part clean re pack and sell in the market at high price.). But atleast steel mill still alive.

Guys. Remember the days of Ayub Khan. They were the goldern age for us. But in the end we got rid of him. Only today, we can realise the things he did. Ther current Generalisimo has done more for the country than any democratic govt. in the past 15 years. Wake up go out and look around. See the development, and then say.

you want Mr. 10 percent or that Nawaz guy back who wantede our COAS to land in INDIA!

My forefathers would have cried in their graves for this!

Democracy. Sorry it does not work for us. We as a race, culture and religion- are a nation for one man rule. Bring back the sultanat!!!

As they say dhod da maroy nation we are.

Can someone explain what exactly did musharaff/aziz do that tripled the pakisan economy? I read parts of "In the line of fire" but there was no clue in there in fact mushy said he did not know much about economics at all and left everything to Shaukat Aziz(who gave up a chance for presidency of citibank to serve his country). But no details were given.

If someone has a magic wand that they wave and suddenly the economy triples in 8 years well why don't they provide a few details as to how it was done? Also why did mushy never start Kalabagh...being a dictator he could have easily forced it. Now pakistan has brownouts all the time.

Maqsad,

Musharraf was not a dictator---let me you give an example---Saddam was a dictator---Castro was a dictator---people feared talking bad about these two even if they lived in foreign countries. Shah of iran was adictator---you dare not say anything about the Shah---Musharraf is more democratic than many of these party chair personal---.

Kalabagh dam never happened because the opposition started burn the earth policy---they started talking about referundum and thetalked and they talked---and lit up a fire AND TOLD PEOPLE THAT THEY HAVE TO APPROVE IT---.

The problem here is that Musharraf's advisor didnot know how to market it in front of the people, even though it should never have been brought out in a public forum. Public should have been told that it was a matter of strategic importance relating to the national welbeing---the water shortage is imminent---truthfull---in 25 to 30 years from now maybe half of the cultivated sindh would become a desert if there are no dams---building 5 to 10 dams would delay the problem for another 50 plus years. This problem of water shortage would not be going anywhere---upper riparian or lower riparian---punjabis using it or sindhis not getting it---the people / the sindhis can argue as much---but the truth would be that with the storage of water, there would be better chances of sindh to get water---otherwise it would be wet dream gone dry.

This issue truly should have been kept in the parliament---whomsoever brought it out to the public was letting the demons out of the bag---they were no friends of pakistan---they were just practsing the self destruct politics---me comes first---nation comes last---

Ok I agree mushy was very non violent and tolerant compared to those other more brutal dictators but my point was not to discuss his personality but to ask why he failed to build a damn even though he succeeded granting air bases to the CIA within pakistan from where they can kill anyone they don't like via remote control.

Well for sure he is much much more civilized and reasonable than Saddam or Pahlavi but you have to agree that General Musharaff managed to do some very unpopular deeds such as banishing Nawaz Sharif and Benazir Bhutto into exile, dismissing a very popular Judge etc etc and he did all that without hesitating but when it comes to doing something unpopular that would have benefited the economy with 2-3 gigawatts of free electricity he failed. That just surprises me a lot because Kalabagh was a very very critical project which should have been begun 5 years ago and completed by now. Instead pakistan has brownouts, everyone knows there is need for more electricity but still nobody mentions kalabagh as the solution. Why isn't mushy going on television and talking about Kalabagh, begging people to force their politicians to build the dam?

This just does not make sense...is there some foreign power who is sabotaging economic progress in pakistan? Everything does not add up.

Can someone explain what exactly did musharaff/aziz do that tripled the pakisan economy? I read parts of "In the line of fire" but there was no clue in there in fact mushy said he did not know much about economics at all and left everything to Shaukat Aziz(who gave up a chance for presidency of citibank to serve his country). But no details were given.

If someone has a magic wand that they wave and suddenly the economy triples in 8 years well why don't they provide a few details as to how it was done? Also why did mushy never start Kalabagh...being a dictator he could have easily forced it. Now pakistan has brownouts all the time.

Two things they did which resulted in the GDP doubling:
a) Structural reforms in the economy - Trade/banking/investing regulations were revamped and brought in line with how things are being done globally.
b) Consistency of economic policies

If Pakistan had done the same in the 90s, Pakistani GDP would have been in the range of $250-300 billion by now. What Pakistan needs more than anything is stability and continuity of one set of (sound) economic policies.

Nothing magical, nothing out of the ordinary, just the basics were adhered to and these did wonders.

Maqsad,

I am discussing a lots of things with you over here, but then I don't know anything about you or your background---I don't know at what level to talk to you---.

You are mistaken---Benazir was not exiled---she ran away from the country so that she could not face the corruption charges---Nawaz made it a choice of his own to go to saudia---Musharaf didnot ask him to---what is 2 to 3 gigawatt of electricity----about kalabagh---it was burn earth strategy by the opposition that kalabagh is where it is today---Pakistanis have a problem in working as a team---you know what TEAM stands for---TOGETHER EVERYONE ACHIEVES MORE. You should ask the opposition this question---why was kalabagh dam's construction not started---.

i think you should read newspaper
I think you should quote newspapers.

Hey man, what r u talking about. Pakistan has now over $44bn foreign debt. And what he done to get rid off the debt of Pakistan. Now give me proof.

Haq's Musings: Does Pakistan Face Debt Crisis?

In 1999 Pakistan’s total debt as percentage of GDP was the highest in South Asia – 99.3 percent of its GDP and 629 percent of its revenue receipts, compared to Sri Lanka (91.1% & 528.3% respectively in 1998) and India (47.2% & 384.9% respectively in 1998). Internal Debt of Pakistan in 1999 was 45.6 per cent of GDP and 289.1 per cent of its revenue receipts, as compared to Sri Lanka (45.7% & 264.8% respectively in 1998) and India (44.0% & 358.4% respectively in 1998).
Most recent figures in 2007 indicate that Pakistan's total debt stands at 56% of GDP, significantly lower than the 99% of GDP in 1999

Sure external debt might have increased in numbers, but our GDP has grown enormously to dwarf that figure.

You should also know we are no longer borrowing from IMF.

I failed to understand why on earth people forget that Shuaukat was number 2 in the WB.

He left his lucrative job to come to Pakistan.

He left Pakistan after his tenur was over than what ????
Isnt it his right like any other person.
Mubashar did you ever asked that idiot Nawaz Sharif why he betrayed Pakistanis and run away to Saudi Arabia???

And now i believe that all that wheat crisis was created by those who are anti-ex government.

Look at the things now the flour prices are up again just on the day of the eletion the prices gone to sky-high and as soon as the new government forms.
The looters in rule will lower the prices to get the credit.

I appreciate Shaukat Aziz that despite out of job and country he still defends his country unlike that looter Zardari and Nawaz Sharif who speaks ill about Pakistan in India.

sa made his money out side of pakistan,
where is musharafs house outside pakistan.

i remember many yrs earlier ( i think he was a rubbish leader) that zia ul haq had a stud farm in america. it was all bs.

the only people with huge palaces abroad is ns, zardari (the late bb) and all politician and judges.

it seems as if the av disloyal pakistani has an iq of 50, unless it is some personal matter were he will make a very small monetary gain, then he is einstein.

How can he be an absconder when no one is looking for him? He is still giving interviews and is still arguing good things about Pakistan.

an absconder doesn't mean that it can't give interview or comments. But it is easy to comment because he is sitting outside the country

You mean he transferred all his money to foreign accounts?

Proof?

Dawn Economic Review(feb11-18), Letter from London
in the last, Taillpiece: What is former Pakistan Prime minister Shaukat Aziz doing lunching with Brithish Billionaire and TV inverstment admisor James caan at one of the swankiest London restaurants?
He and caan were spotted at the restaurant on monday by a daily telegraph columnist. Shaukat was not available for comment. But the columnist in his gossipy write-up on wednesday hinted that the two were perhaps negotiating a 100million Euros investment fund.

He is making 100million euros deal and you now think that his money is in our (Pakistan) Banks.

There is no indication he personally tried to sell it to Arif Habib. There is no indication that it was a lesser bid either.
yeh, he is personally involved

A move towards privatization was ongoing long before Steel mills came into the picture.

but become very fast in his govt.

2)Why did he export so much wheat that we didnt have any thing to eat.

Which wheat shortage are you talking about? Pakistan had a wheat shortage again in Jan, of a much higher degree long when SA was out of the picture.

we are not talking of Past. After production of Record wheat what will you think.

3)Stock exchange crash
Correct me if I'm wrong but the crash happened when Geo TV (an Anti-Government media) announced that Musharraf has been couped out during the Emergency.

So Geo TV caused the crash, not SA.

If geo is anti-Govt than All the News channels are anti govt, that's why all the channels remained close and after there was two Ary and geo and then Geo left, after hitting 1bn+ Rs loss the Geo is opened. And further this "Afwah" was not from the Outside (from channels) this was inside Drama.

4)Sugar crisis

Again senators of various parties were involved in this. What was the role of SA in this?

Can you tell me why the govt. stopped the Interrogation of The NAB. Has you any answer

5)Atta crisis.
Atta/wheat you mentioned this twice.

I think you lose this point, remaining point is four.

an absconder doesn't mean that it can't give interview or comments. But it is easy to comment because he is sitting outside the country
Absconder suggests that someone has actually made an effort to find him or he has refused to show up in court for any of his proceedings.

Dawn Economic Review(feb11-18), Letter from London
in the last, Taillpiece: What is former Pakistan Prime minister Shaukat Aziz doing lunching with Brithish Billionaire and TV inverstment admisor James caan at one of the swankiest London restaurants?
He and caan were spotted at the restaurant on monday by a daily telegraph columnist. Shaukat was not available for comment. But the columnist in his gossipy write-up on wednesday hinted that the two were perhaps negotiating a 100million Euros investment fund.
He might also be looking for a job, you know.

He is making 100million euros deal and you now think that his money is in our (Pakistan) Banks.
Wherever it is, show me where a crime has been committed in all this?

yeh, he is personally involved
Alright, show me how? Maybe some signed minutes of meetings that were attended by the two?

but become very fast in his govt.
So? Dude after privatization Pakistani organizations have only improved.

we are not talking of Past. After production of Record wheat what will you think.
If you are not talking about the past then why is there a wheat shortage right now? Show me there has been a record production of wheat.

You are making accusations after accusations and haven't backed even a single one.

If geo is anti-Govt than All the News channels are anti govt, that's why all the channels remained close and after there was two Ary and geo and then Geo left, after hitting 1bn+ Rs loss the Geo is opened. And further this "Afwah" was not from the Outside (from channels) this was inside Drama.
Why are you deviating from the issue?

Fine all are anti-government. But the anti-government people reported this news. Why did they not confirm it before reporting? I'll tell you why, they were so happy about it. Dr. Shahid was all bubbly when he reported this news. Wherever the news came from, can you prove it came from Shaukat Aziz? But I can prove that Geo spread the FALSE news around.

Can you tell me why the govt. stopped the Interrogation of The NAB. Has you any answer
Can you show me where the government has stopped the NAB investigation?

Who were they interrogating?

I think you lose this point, remaining point is four.
Everything is pointless. :)

Back
Top Bottom