What's new

Shaukat Aziz ke Karnamey

Haq's Musings: Does Pakistan Face Debt Crisis?

Sure external debt might have increased in numbers, but our GDP has grown enormously to dwarf that figure.
When govt. talk about Debt to GDP ration than it uses percentage, as described, when our gdp increased so this ratio decreases. Now when we talk about the tax revenues,why the govt. doesnt talk about tax to gdp ratio. It simply gives the figures.This is magic of words. They try to fool the Pakistanis.
You should also know we are no longer borrowing from IMF.

now the Pakistan has the over $1bn debt to IMF. I dont know the exact figure, but perhaps it is 1.4bn Dollar.

When govt. talk about Debt to GDP ration than it uses percentage, as described, when our gdp increased so this ratio decreases. Now when we talk about the tax revenues,why the govt. doesnt talk about tax to gdp ratio. It simply gives the figures.
That's because in the entire world, taxation percentage increases by the amount of revenue you are generating.

now the Pakistan has the over $1bn debt to IMF. I dont know the exact figure, but perhaps it is 1.4bn Dollar.
I don't know about your figures, but tell me this, IS Pakistan borrowing any more money? No. This amount is just repaying all the money your NS and BB 'borrowed'

I failed to understand why on earth people forget that Shuaukat was number 2 in the WB.

He left his lucrative job to come to Pakistan.
Jana, please. World Bank job is More lucrative than Pakistan Prime Minister Job. :rofl:

Mubashar did you ever asked that idiot Nawaz Sharif why he betrayed Pakistanis and run away to Saudi Arabia???
It was a deal. Both the parties got something. And when the Nawaz returned to pakistan then why the Musharraf send Nawaz to Saudi arabia.

And now i believe that all that wheat crisis was created by those who are anti-ex government.
Jana, my friend, you know govt. has the police to arrest the hoarders, govt. has the ministries to control the wheat supply, import, export. It has all the powers. So where is the anti-ex govt.

Look at the things now the flour prices are up again just on the day of the eletion the prices gone to sky-high and as soon as the new government forms.
The looters in rule will lower the prices to get the credit.

I appreciate Shaukat Aziz that despite out of job and country he still defends his country unlike that looter Zardari and Nawaz Sharif who speaks ill about Pakistan in India.
I agree with you that all these nawaz, bb, zardari, shaukat aziz are looters. I also agree when they were in power they don't miss any chance to "loot" the country. I don't agree with you that these prices will go down soon. It will take a time.

Back
Top Bottom