What's new

Siachen was accepted as Indian Territory in 1949!

Even we will not give u one inch in siachin, better u start counting days

We already took it in 1984. Google and search "operation meghdoot". You don't have an inch to give.

(And by the way, when we did operation meghdoot, you had to give up a lot more than one inch. It is easy to write rhetorically that you won't give an inch - but when facing the Indian army, you always end up giving it, and then going about singing that you won't give it, after you have already given it.)

lol...actually IA pushed back PA and irregular forces back to Skardu..where the "Advanced" term came from??? :D

Kid , go see the map of line of control and then check how far is Skardu from it and then ponder how much evidence to there to support your " back to Skardu " theory :lol:

^^ Doesn't change the fact that they are parts of Siachin , do they ? :azn:

They do. If it is located to the west of siachen, that means it is not a part of siachen. Elementary.

lol...actually IA pushed back PA and irregular forces back to Skardu..where the "Advanced" term came from??? :D :D

You need to take a look at the map my friend. See where is LOC and where is Skardu.

map-gb.jpg

They do. If it is located to the west of siachen, that means it is not a part of siachen. Elementary.
Not really ... Almost every source dictates that 2/3 part is controlled by India :azn: The rest of course you know lies where ... Not every single part of Siachin is named on the map ...

Not really ... Almost every source dictates that 2/3 part is controlled by India :azn: The rest of course you know lies where ...

Which sources dictate that only 2/3rd of siachen is controlled by India? Every source I can see clearly says Saltoro is to the west of siachen, and india controls all areas upto saltoro. Here is a paper co-authored by Indian and pakistani brigadiers:

http://www.cmc.sandia.gov/cmc-papers/sand20075670.pdf

From that:
"the Indian army has been in physical possession of most of the heights on the
Saltoro Range west of the Siachen Glacier, while the Pakistan army has held posts at
lower elevations of western slopes of the spurs emanating from the Saltoro ridgeline. The
Indian army has secured its positions on the ridgeline, now called the Actual Ground
Position Line (AGPL), at great cost, and does not want to pull back from them unless
these positions are physically demarcated jointly on ground and map by both armies,
similar to what was done in previous agreements establishing the CFL and LOC."

The paper gives the official position of both the armies, including claims and counter claims. Now tell me which are your "almost every source" which says only 2/3rd of siachen is controlled by india.

Which sources dictate that only 2/3rd of siachen is controlled by India? Every source I can see clearly says Saltoro is to the west of siachen, and india controls all areas upto saltoro.

Presently India holds two-thirds of the glacier and commands two of the three passes including the highest motorable pass – Khardungla Pass. Pakistan controls Gyong La pass that overlooks the Shyok and Nubra river Valley and India`s access to Leh district. The battle zone comprised an inverted triangle resting on NJ 9842 with Indira Col and the Karakoram Highway as the other two extremities. All about the Siachen Glacier: the conflict, perspectives of India and Pakistan, geography, history and the possible resolutions - About

India spends more than Rs 5 cr a day to maintain the 76 km glacier, 2/3rd of which is under Indian control. Pakistan, which controls the rest of the glacier, spends less than half of what India does. Former Army chiefs have repeatedly refused any unilateral pullout without authentication by Pakistan. Army says firm no to Siachen pullout

It may just take a little, longer... for the brave-hearts of the Indian Air Force. World’s toughest battlefield, where temperature ranges from 30º C to minus 70º C, about which there is an old saying in the region, “to these places only the best of the friends and the fiercest of the enemies visit”Presently, India holds two-thirds of the Glacier and commands two of the three passes. http://mod.nic.in/samachar/june1-06/h4.htm

Presently India holds two-thirds of this 78 km long and 3 km wide glacier and commands two (Sia La and Bilfond La) of the three passes http://www.claws.in/index.php?action=details&m_id=444&u_id=59

Presently India holds two-thirds of the glacier and controls two of the three passes including the highest motorable pass – Khardungla Pass. Pakistan controls the Gyong La pass, India’s access to K-2 and the surrounding peaks. The word “Siachen” ironically means ‘the place of wild roses’. http://www.hermesonwings.com/travel/the-indian-slice-of-kashmir-srinagar-and-beyond-to-the-border/

you dont have even a inch of siachin ;)
you are not ON siachin ;)

i wonder abut indian kids :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

kid before you start posting you should know these names which are under control of pakistan on mars not siachen ?

where the hell are
baltaro
bilafond
sherpikang
chumik
giyang
kondus
giyari
goma
alibrangsa

:rofl: :rofl::rofl:

because your media feed you pakistan is not on siachin its mean we wasted thousands life billions of dollars for nothing ?

its same like you said you have no one inch of Kashmir because capital Srinagar is under our control .?

Presently India holds two-thirds of the glacier and commands two of the three passes including the highest motorable pass – Khardungla Pass. Pakistan controls Gyong La pass that overlooks the Shyok and Nubra river Valley and India`s access to Leh district. The battle zone comprised an inverted triangle resting on NJ 9842 with Indira Col and the Karakoram Highway as the other two extremities. All about the Siachen Glacier: the conflict, perspectives of India and Pakistan, geography, history and the possible resolutions - About

India spends more than Rs 5 cr a day to maintain the 76 km glacier, 2/3rd of which is under Indian control. Pakistan, which controls the rest of the glacier, spends less than half of what India does. Former Army chiefs have repeatedly refused any unilateral pullout without authentication by Pakistan. Army says firm no to Siachen pullout

Ok, then it's your source v/s mine. Lets analyse which is more credible. (Although it's a no-brainer.) Your first website says the source for the info is wikipedia "and other sources". Wikipedia does not say that, and the only "other sources" I can see when I google are pakistani newspapers (and that too, usually in the comments section).

The second one is an Indian newspaper, so you could make a case with that. The author is Suman Sharma (I presume, the same uninformed lady who runs the chhindits blog). This is probably what she learnt by "researching" on google.

My source was the official position of both the governments and the armies. In any official source from either country, you can read that saltoro is to the west of siachen, and that India controls territory all the way to saltoro. Read up on the net about saltoro, whether on wikipedia or anywhere else, and find out for yourself whether it is on siachen or to the west of it. It is an undisputable fact that pakistani forces control only areas upto saltoro.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saltoro_Mountains

What official source , dear ? :azn: ... Whom are you trying to fool ? ... Just because a retired Pakistani General was involved in making the pdf report you posted , makes it official ? :D How naive are some ?

P.S I posted some other sources too ... Go read it ... Wikipedia states in territorial changes in 1962 Sino-Indian War article " Status Quo Ante Bellum " ... Edited by some Indian fanboy right , because we know as a fact who controls " Aksai Chin " ? :azn: ... In the past , it made mention of respective control of both parties which is supported by other sources too , but now it is edited ... What can one do about it ?

What official source , dear ? :azn: ... Whom are you trying to fool ? ... Just because a retired Pakistani General was involved in making the report , makes it official ? :D How naive are some ?

Still better than your source, right? Suman sharma? In any case, you can read about saltoro anywhere on the net, it lies to the west of siachen. Anything describing saltoro describes it as lying to the west of siachen. And pakistan only controls areas upto saltoro. India even controls some of the peaks on saltoro. India even maintains a fortified military base at biafond la.

Bilafond La - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

its same like you said you have no one inch of Kashmir because capital Srinagar is under our control .?

Helps them maintain a 100% success record :rofl: , you cant blame them ! :lol:

The same people consider " Azad Kashmir " and " Gilgit Baltistan " not a part of Kashmir ...

P.S I posted some other sources too ... Go read it ... Wikipedia states in territorial changes in 1962 Sino-Indian War article " Status Quo Ante Bellum " ... Edited by some Indian fanboy right , because we know as a fact who controls " Aksai Chin " ? :azn: ... In the past , it made mention of respective control of both parties which is supported by other sources too , but now it is edited ... What can one do about it ?

Irrelevant to the present discussion.

And anyway, wikipedia is not the only website on the internet, so even if wikipedia doesn't support your claim, you can find other good websites which support you, if you are right. Not all sites can be changed by "Indian fanboys". The fact that every website about saltoro mentions it as being WEST OF siachen, and we know the indian army controls territory all the way to parts o saltoro, you just have to admit the obvious. Unless you say all websites are edited by "indian fanboys".

Helps them maintain a 100% success record :rofl: , you cant blame them ! :lol:

The same people consider " Azad Kashmir " and " Gilgit Baltistan " not a part of Kashmir ...
the whole area was belong to no one so simply when conflict started pakistan move to east and india move to west we meet in center and he is right we are in west they are in east as simple as pakistan is in west .we have 6 glaciers of west and they have 3 glaciers of east the largest one included . but its not mean pakistan is not in siachin and we just looking them from down . in fact today i wasted my hours and found very nice thing on siachin . but not good to post them .:D

What official source , dear ? :azn: ... Whom are you trying to fool ? ... Just because a retired Pakistani General was involved in making the pdf report you posted , makes it official ? :D How naive are some ?

These are bharti brainwashed kids facing reality. Bhartis come here all in their "Bhartimata shuppa powaa" gaga and then...get struck with the reality. I bet that most of these kids didn't even know the name "Gyong La" pass ...they just knew "Siachen , Siachen" :lol:

Many here would advocate that holding some tops at Siachan gives Indian Army any strategic advantage over Pakistan....in reality though...Pakistan Army has locked Indian Army on the top by occupying Gyong La pass ....hence negating ANY strategic advantage to I.A.

Some bharti brainwashed kid squealing in above posts that --quote-- "Pakistan had to "give up" Siachen when faced with Indian Army ..yada yada" :rofl::rofl: Their 'brave' bhartiarmy didn't even face Pakistani military at Siachen during their operation Meghoot whatever ...:agree:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom