What's new

Siachen was accepted as Indian Territory in 1949!

siachin is not top. top of that is K2 and 6 other peaks which are under pakistani control :)

k2
Nanga Parbat
Gasherbrum I
Broad Peak
Gasherbrum II
Disteghil Sar

in fact india is down .

These are bharti brainwashed kids facing reality. Bhartis come here all in their "Bhartimata shuppa powaa" gaga and then...get struck with the reality. I bet that most of these kids didn't even know the name "Gyong La" pass ...they just knew "Siachen , Siachen" :lol:

Many here would advocate that holding some tops at Siachan gives Indian Army any strategic advantage over Pakistan....in reality though...Pakistan Army has locked Indian Army on the top by occupying Gyong La pass ....hence negating ANY strategic advantage to I.A.

Some bharti brainwashed kid squealing in above posts that --quote-- "Pakistan had to "give up" Siachen when faced with Indian Army ..yada yada" :rofl::rofl: Their 'brave' bhartiarmy didn't even face Pakistani military at Siachen during their operation Meghoot whatever ...:agree:

Holy molly. So who did the indian army fight during operation meghdoot and the subsequent siachen conflict, martians?

Anyway the name calling brigade has arrived and I'm too old for that and not interested.

Thanks to 'Secur' for keeping it civil.

Irrelevant to the present discussion.

And anyway, wikipedia is not the only website on the internet, so even if wikipedia doesn't support your claim, you can find other good websites which support you, if you are right. Not all sites can be changed by "Indian fanboys".

Really ? I posted 3 other sources too stating the same thing ... What is your definition of " irrelevant " ?

Yes it isn't , that is why other sources say " India controls 2/3 and not all " ...

its not top top of that is K2 and 6 other peaks which are under pakistani control :)

Forget that ... even the "Highest peak" in Kargil sector , point 5353 , is still under Pakistani-control ....

But yes , these bharti brainwashed kids can keep living in their dreams ...who cares?:lol:

Really ? I posted 3 other sources too stating the same thing ... What is your definition of " irrelevant " ?

Yes it isn't , that is why other sources say " India controls 2/3 and not all " ...

What I called as 'irrelevant' was your remarks about aksai chin and the wikipedia article on aksai chin.

Lets keep this simple. Are you saying that pakistan occupies anything east of saltoro? Are you saying saltoro is on siachen? As I said, all sources say that pakistan is only in control upto saltoro, and that saltoro is to the west of siachen glacier.

Here is what wikipedia says about the result of the territorial changes of siachen conflict:

"India gains control of the entire Siachen Glacier and the crest (top) of the main Saltoro Ridge west of the glacier, territory formerly occupied by neither India nor Pakistan."

And:
"India has established control over all of the 70 kilometres (43 mi) long Siachen Glacier and all of its tributary glaciers, as well as the three main passes of the Saltoro Ridge immediately west of the glacier—Sia La, Bilafond La, and Gyong La. Pakistan controls the glacial valleys immediately west of the Saltoro Ridge."

Of course, all these could have been written by Indian fanboys (although sources are provided in the wiki article.) But as I asked earlier, are you denying the fact that saltoro is to the west of siachen?

Holy molly. So who did the indian army fight during operation meghdoot and the subsequent siachen conflict, martians?

Anyway the name calling brigade has arrived and I'm too old for that and not interested.

Thanks to 'Secur' for keeping it civil.

Indian Army just "occupied" Siachen tops and there was no fighting..you know why? because there was NO military on Siachen to begin with ...

After the conflict started when Pakistan moved its Army into the region....but "occupying" empty tops of Siachen didn't require much 'fighting' on Indian part...

No one , didn't you know that ? :azn: Prior to 1984 , there was no permanent presence on the glacier by any side , so whom do you think would the IA be fighting in Op Meghdoot ?

Lets keep this simple. Are you saying that pakistan occupies anything east of saltoro? Are you saying saltoro is on siachen? As I said, all sources say that pakistan is only in control upto saltoro, and that saltoro is to the west of siachen glacier.

Lets make it more simple without going into too much details ... What is the whole region called ? :azn:

Now , where does the claim " Pakistan doesn't have control of even one inch of Siachin " stands now ? Even though sources dictates , Pakistan still administers 1/3 of the disputed territory ...

No one , didn't you know that ? :azn: Prior to 1984 , there was no permanent presence on the glacier by any side , so whom do you think would the IA be fighting in Op Meghdoot ?

I said "and subsequent siachen conflict". It is called siachen conflict for a reason. It can't be a conflict if there is only one party involved.

During op meghdoot, we captured siachen (whether all of it or only 2/3rds as you say). My initial reply was to a pakistani saying pak would never give up an inch. Pak had to give up at least 900-1000 square miles when the indian army took it, and that was my point.

Lets make it more simple without going into too much details ... What is the whole region called ? :azn:

Now , where does the claim " Pakistan doesn't have control of Siachin " stands now ?

The whole region is not called siachen, unless you want to call it that. There is siachen glacier, to its west is the saltoro ridge/pass. There is no collective name for the two. So the claim stands on solid grounds now.

Now , where does the claim " Pakistan doesn't have control of Siachin " stands now ?

its same example i give you early yaar if they have bigger glacier its mean they have whole siachen . problem is whole area called siachin .

I said "and subsequent siachen conflict". It is called siachen conflict for a reason. It can't be a conflict if there is only one party involved.

During op meghdoot, we captured siachen (whether all of it or only 2/3rds as you say). My initial reply was to a pakistani saying pak would never give up an inch. Pak had to give up at least 900-1000 square miles when the indian army took it, and that was my point.

The whole region is not called siachen, unless you want to call it that. There is siachen glacier, to its west is the saltoro ridge/pass. There is no collective name for the two.

why no name because pakistan hold it ?:lol:

You asked whom was the Indian Army fighting during Op Meghdoot and the answer was simple " NO ONE " since no party maintained presence on the Siachin prior to your military operation ...

To give up , first you have to control the territory and I am sure some " no man's land " can ever be considered as under the control of Pakistan then ...

its same example i give you early yaar if they have bigger glacier its mean they have whole siachen . problem is whole area called siachin .

why no name because pakistan hold it ?:lol:

NO, because they are two different places. What do you call karachi and lahore together? Is there a name when you add the two places together?

There is siachen, there is saltoro to the west of siachen.

"India gains control of the entire Siachen Glacier and the crest (top) of the main Saltoro Ridge west of the glacier, territory formerly occupied by neither India nor Pakistan."

And:
"India has established control over all of the 70 kilometres (43 mi) long Siachen Glacier and all of its tributary glaciers, as well as the three main passes of the Saltoro Ridge immediately west of the glacier—Sia La, Bilafond La, and Gyong La. Pakistan controls the glacial valleys immediately west of the Saltoro Ridge."

Of course, all these could have been written by Indian fanboys (although sources are provided in the wiki article.) But as I asked earlier, are you denying the fact that saltoro is to the west of siachen?

Sorry , various other sources put it as 2/3 so no luck there ... Pakistan has control of 1/3 of the lower portion of the glacier and Gyong La ...

Do you see the " fallacy " now ? :azn:

Is there a name when you add the two places together?

There is siachen, there is saltoro to the west of siachen.

So , you agree Azad Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan is not part of J&K , right ?

You asked whom was the Indian Army fighting during Op Meghdoot and the answer was simple " NO ONE " since no party maintained presence on the Siachin prior to your military operation ...

To give up , first you have to control the territory and I am sure some " no man's land " can ever be considered as under the control of Pakistan then ...

No, I asked who did the indian army fight in op meghdoot "and the subsequent siachen conflict".

The second statement of yours is not quite true. You don't need to have control to "give up". If you claim it, and someone takes it from you, one can say you had to give it up - irrespective of whether you put up a fight for it or not. Pakistan was claiming that region to be its, and hosting mountain expeditions, and printing maps showing it as pakistan's. India took it. Just because you couldn't put up a fight doesnt mean you didn't give it up. Which is what I pointed out to that fellow, that pakistan has given up a lot more than one inch when India tried last time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom