What's new

Sikh-Americans to protest Indian PM visit

Creder

Reaction score
Sikh-Americans to protest in front of White House during Indian PM visit PDF Print E-mail
NEW YORK/WASHINGTON, Nov 22 (APP): As India’s Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will be meeting President Barak Obama in the White House,the east coast Sikh American community will protest the repressive Indian regime and ask the U.S. leader to raise the issue of New Delhi’s genocidial policies, an organization said Sunday.

For the past 25 years, every time a prime minister of India has visited the United States, Sikhs have protested the Indian genocidal policies against the Sikhs, Dr Amarjit Singh of Khalistan Affairs said in a statement.
“Twenty five years ago, on June 03, 1984, during the reign of the 2nd Prime minister of India’s Nehru Dynasty, Mrs. Indira Gandhi, a savage Indian army attack was ordered on Sikhism’s holiest site (its sanctum sanctorum), the Akal Takht Sahib, located in the Darbar Sahib complex in Amritsar, which action was synchronized with assaults on thirty seven other holy Gurdawaras located in the Sikh homeland. For us Sikhs, the memory of those attacks is a ‘diary’ that we carry about with us.”
“How is it that the world’s so called largest democracy can also be the world’s most oppressive regime?
“This Nation has denied minorities the freedoms which every person is entitled to on their birth in this world. The first is the freedom of speech and expression, the freedom of every person to worship God in his own, the freedom from want, and the freedom from fear. These freedoms must be returned to Sikhs,” he continued.
“The only way this is possible is through the establishment of an independent sovereign nation,Khalistan, which will also act as a buffer state between arch rival nuclear nations India and Pakistan,” Amarjit Singh stated.
“We urge President Barack Obama to bring up the issue of the genocidal policies of India against the Sikhs when he meets the visiting Prime Minister,” he sad in the statement released to the media.

http://www.app.com.pk/en_/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90481&Itemid=2

Sikh-Americans to protest in front of White House during Indian PM visit PDF Print E-mail
NEW YORK/WASHINGTON, Nov 22 (APP): As India’s Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will be meeting President Barak Obama in the White House,the east coast Sikh American community will protest the repressive Indian regime and ask the U.S. leader to raise the issue of New Delhi’s genocidial policies, an organization said Sunday.

For the past 25 years, every time a prime minister of India has visited the United States, Sikhs have protested the Indian genocidal policies against the Sikhs, Dr Amarjit Singh of Khalistan Affairs said in a statement.
“Twenty five years ago, on June 03, 1984, during the reign of the 2nd Prime minister of India’s Nehru Dynasty, Mrs. Indira Gandhi, a savage Indian army attack was ordered on Sikhism’s holiest site (its sanctum sanctorum), the Akal Takht Sahib, located in the Darbar Sahib complex in Amritsar, which action was synchronized with assaults on thirty seven other holy Gurdawaras located in the Sikh homeland. For us Sikhs, the memory of those attacks is a ‘diary’ that we carry about with us.”
“How is it that the world’s so called largest democracy can also be the world’s most oppressive regime?
“This Nation has denied minorities the freedoms which every person is entitled to on their birth in this world. The first is the freedom of speech and expression, the freedom of every person to worship God in his own, the freedom from want, and the freedom from fear. These freedoms must be returned to Sikhs,” he continued.
“The only way this is possible is through the establishment of an independent sovereign nation,Khalistan, which will also act as a buffer state between arch rival nuclear nations India and Pakistan,” Amarjit Singh stated.
“We urge President Barack Obama to bring up the issue of the genocidal policies of India against the Sikhs when he meets the visiting Prime Minister,” he sad in the statement released to the media.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - Sikh-Americans to protest in front of White House during Indian PM visit

Idiots! Thats what I think of them. Sikh cause (with or without India) is better served in Punjab (India) than in a foreign country.

And though it has been mentioned time and again on this forum and elsewhere, let me say it again to the thread starter and his ilk who post such news with intent to inflame-
Khalistan is a dead issue and pro-Khalistan ideologists based in foreign countries have no locus-standi in Sikh issues in India.
None. Zilch!

Sikhs in India can manage their affairs on their own!

Looks like a couple of mental patients forgot to take their meds :lol:

so demanding an apology for when your army stormed into they're most sacred place of worship and laid waste to all those people just because they didnt want to be a part of india makes them nuts ?

Idiots! Thats what I think of them!

same thing i said to the bloke above, you think they're idiots for demanding an apology for a massacre ?

and yeah my purpose isnt to start a flame war, i just wanted to see if you guys can apparently rationalize what your government did that day, and judging from your posts i got my answer

Apologies....for what...killing AK47 wielding terrorists......hiding inside a religious place just to save their azz from the law enforcement agencies....

Ask them to come to India to help their Sikh brothers... whom they have deserted...to live in safe heavens.....

Apologies....for what...killing AK47 wielding terrorists......hiding inside a religious place just to save their azz from the law enforcement agencies....

Ask them to come to India to help their Sikh brothers... whom they have deserted...to live in safe heavens.....

if they were terrorists and this was the best thing army did then why pray tell was this labeled among the " 10 political disgraces of india "

why was it a disgrace if you were getting rid of terrorists ?

10 political disgraces: India Today - Latest Breaking News from India, World, Business, Cricket, Sports, Bollywood.

same thing i said to the bloke above, you think they're idiots for demanding an apology for a massacre ?

and yeah my purpose isnt to start a flame war, i just wanted to see if you guys can apparently rationalize what your government did that day, and judging from your posts i got my answer

If you would have read a bit more than what your pro-Pak media tells you, you would know that PM Singh had already apologized to Sikhs for atrocities committed in 1984. Too late and too little, but then again an apology is an apology.

And if you wanted to see how the Indian population rationalizes what happened in 1984, then you should have specifically stated that by starting a thread with that heading rather than trying to use a news piece.

But since you have raised that question, let me answer you-

An overwhelming majority of Indians today see the acts of 1984 (Operation Bluestar, assassination of IG and the ensuing riots) as chain-linked despicable acts of violence, one caused by the other. Specifically about the 1984 riots, they are at par with Babri demolition and Gujarat riots as a collective mark of shame on India's secular and democratic credentials.

But what helps these different religious groups to carry on inspite of these catastrophic events is a central belief in their Indianess and the fact that a handful of zealots (religious or political) cant push into oblivion thousands of years of shared history and culture.

Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs in India study in the same schools, go to the same offices and serve in the same armed forces in-spite of all that has happened.

Hope this will answer your query!

if they were terrorists and this was the best thing army did then why pray tell was this labeled among the " 10 political disgraces of india "

why was it a disgrace if you were getting rid of terrorists ?

10 political disgraces: India Today - Latest Breaking News from India, World, Business, Cricket, Sports, Bollywood.

Because for some apologists.....the so called human factor was more important than National security and Integrity of their Country.....Thats why you see articles like these....

The problem is that it was followed by.......Indira Gandhi's Assassination and Sikh massacre in 1984....

This gives some Apologists, opportunities to join the two incidents....

Because for some apologists.....the so called human factor was more important than National security and Integrity of their Country.....Thats why you see articles like these....

The problem is that it was followed by.......Indira Gandhi's Assassination and Sikh massacre in 1984....

This gives some Apologists, opportunities to join the two incidents....

uh there is no point continuing this argument if thats the value of human factor to you, which by the way thanks a lot greatly helped proving my point that what happened their was indeed a massacre. If thats the value of "human factor" to you guys then bravo

and second of all they arent some apologists.. do your homework

Mods please merge this thread to the HUGE thread on 1984 started by A1Kaid, which would more than satisfactorily answer ALL Creder bhai's doubts and queries on the issue.

That is, IF Creder bhai's intentions are not simply to troll and inflame.

Cheers, Doc

uh there is no point continuing this argument if thats the value of human factor to you, which by the way thanks a lot greatly helped proving my point that what happened their was indeed a massacre. If thats the value of "human factor" to you guys then bravo

and second of all they arent some apologists.. do your homework

Because you have no point left to argue........

All you think is " A terrorist in Pakistan is a terrorist...but a terrorist in India is a human....

By the way how about highlighting the human factor of those lacs of refuges created by Pakistani Army's latest operation...against Terrorists.......

Because you have no point left to argue........

All you think is " A terrorist in Pakistan is a terrorist...but a terrorist in India is a human....

By the way how about highlighting the human factor of those lacs of refuges created by Pakistani Army's latest operation...against Terrorists.......

and uh yeah if they were terrorists why are so many people seeking apologies and why again was it labeled a disgrace to the biggest democracy in the world

we'll for starters we're not killing them :) a mass evacuation plan was set-up before hand and unlike your bluestar our people are with us

Mods please merge this thread to the HUGE thread on 1984 started by A1Kaid, which would more than satisfactorily answer ALL Creder bhai's doubts and queries on the issue.

That is, IF Creder bhai's intentions are not simply to troll and inflame.

Cheers, Doc

actually they weren't i was hoping someone here would say like yeah what happened was bad or if it wasnt bad then how is it justified ...but it is turning into a flame fest... so mods merge either way i think i got my answer

actually they weren't i was hoping someone here would say like yeah what happened was bad or if it wasnt bad then how is it justified ...but it is turning into a flame fest... so mods merge either way i think i got my answer

Scroll up...did u get what u wanted?

Back
Top Bottom