What's new

SK Hynix Isn't Sure How Its Chips Got in Huawei's New Phone

No no no. You didn't say LPDDR4 might work for 5G, you said if you don't have LPDDR5, you don't Have 5G. Want me to print screen? You alsi didn't say it might work for different speed of 5G. Since you brought it up, how do you define 5G? Lolol.
I can have a GTX1060 to run Red Dead redemption in Ultra setting, of course the computer can run that, but does that mean you can run that game?

It's the same as I can run 5G on my old Nokia 8211 on my optus 5G sim card, the service will still say it's a 5G, but if you can't achieve the speed of 5G, then it means nothing. It would still give me 3G service....

Last edited:
I can have a GTX1060 to run Red Dead redemption in Ultra setting, of course the computer can run that, but can you run that game?

It's the same as I can run 5G on my old Nokia 8211 on my 5G sim card, the service will still say it's a 5G, but if you can't achieve the speed of 5G, then it mean nothing. It would still give me 3G service....

Buddy we are not talking about putting a 5G card on an old Nokia are we? We are talking about a 5G phone not using LPDDR5 achieving 5G. You are still now answering anything despite the rant. Come on baby, prove to me only LPDDR5 can achieve 5G.

Last edited:
Unlikely with the case of LPDDR5

US put Huawei in Restricted Entity List on May 19, 2019, which usually have 12 months grace period. Which mean full sanction does not take effect until May 2020.

Problem is, SK Hynix only announced that they will mass producing these chips on March 8 2021.
Qualcomm never stopped supplying chips to Huawei. US government gave permission to mature products. No one knew China's memory chip technology developed so fast in just one year. S.Korea has no technology advantage to China anymore. I guess Huwei would not have to buy so many memory chips from SK if it knew this.

Buddy we are not talking about putting a 5G card on an old Nokia are we? We are talking about a 5G phone not using LPDDR5 achieving 5G. You are still now answering anything despite the rant.
We are talking about speed, you can of course use whatever you want in a 5G network, my wife uses her Samsung S10 on her Vodafone 5G service, does that mean she got 5G? "But she can use that network bro." So I must be wrong now, aren't I?.

Again, 5G speed can only achieve if the requirement is met, whether or not you can use sub-5G standard equipment in a 5G network is not the consideration here.

Qualcomm never stopped supplying chips to Huawei. US government gave permission to mature products. No one knew China's memory chip technology developed so fast in just one year. S.Korea has no technology advantage to China anymore. I guess Huwei would not have to buy so many memory chips from SK if it knew this.
That's a different company bro......and they did use SK Hynix chip, this is confirmed.

We are talking about speed, you can of course use whatever you want in a 5G network, my wife uses her Samsung S10 on her Vodafone 5G service, does that mean she got 5G? "But she can use that network bro." So I must be wrong now, aren't I?.

Again, 5G speed can only achieve if the requirement is met, whether or not you can use sub-5G standard equipment in a 5G network is not the consideration here.

That's a different company bro......and they did use SK Hynix chip, this is confirmed.
Nope, it is not putting a 5G card in a 4G phone. Multiple 5G phones even from Samsung are not using LPDDR5 to achieve 5G whatever that means. I can just copy paste one phone here but I want you to search. You need to define 5G, is it that icon appearing? Lolol or dl speed or upload speed? Mate 60 is not even advertised as a 5G phone, no 5G icon even appeared, so how do ppl know it is 5G.hint hint.

Nope, it is not putting a 5G card in a 4G phone. Multiple 5G phones even from Samsung are not using LPDDR5 to achieve 5G whatever that means. I can just copy paste one phone here but I want you to search. You need to define 5G, is it that icon appearing? Lolol or dl speed or upload speed? Mate 60 is not even advertised as a 5G phone, no 5G icon even appeared, so how do ppl know it is 5G.hint hint.
...........This is exactly the question I was asking, what is "considered" 5G speed in China.

Because this is my phone, with my 5G plan

20230901_181144.jpg

This is 5G for me, the base line level of 5G in Australia, other than that I don't consider anything less as 5G.

Funny I was talking with a Candian dude here on 5G and he send me this screen cap and said Rogers is ripping people off.

IMG_9686.png

Is this 5G? The phone said it's 5G +, the speed, however, is not, you can call it "5G" because the network is "5G" but does it really now? And if this is the level of 5G you get in China, then yes, I am wrong, you can use 5G on less than LPDDR5 or just about anything..

...........This is exactly the question I was asking, what is "considered" 5G speed in China.

Because this is my phone, with my 5G plan

View attachment 952657

This is 5G for me, the base line level of 5G in Australia, other than that I don't consider anything as 5G.

Funny I was talking with a Candian dude here on 5G and he send me this screen cap and said Rogers is ripping people off.

View attachment 952658

Is this 5G? The phone said it's 5G +, the speed, however, is not, you can call it "5G" because the network is "5G" but does it really now? And if this is the level of 5G you get in China, then yes, I am wrong, you can use 5G on less than LPDDR5.
That's why I am asking you, how do you define 5G? And how does only LPDDR5 able to achieve it?

That's why I am asking you, how do you define 5G? And how does only LPDDR5 able to achieve it?

Oh my god, are you for real? Did I just posted that
LPDDR4 is not fast enough with double data rate up to 3200Mb/s and with 2.13Ghz clock speed, how fast is your 5G speed in China?

View attachment 952647

View attachment 952648

Maybe you use a lower standard in China? I don't know

And what are you dissecting here? you said nothing.

Oh my god, are you for real? Did I just posted that
No you did not. How do you define 5G? Based on what criteria? How does only LPDDR5 achieve that 5G? Clear and simple. You answered nothing despite ranting for 2 pages. Lol

No you did not. How do you define 5G? Based on what criteria? How does only LPDDR5 achieve that 5G? Clear and simple. You answered nothing despite ranting for 2 pages. Lol
Again, this is the spec

1694405306084.png

You believe what you want, you can say I had not a thousand time, I have no problem on what you believe in. You are just wasting your time here.

Again, this is the spec

View attachment 952663

You believe what you want, you can say I had not a thousand time, I have no problem on what you believe in. You are just wasting your time here.
Which is what exactly, do you understand what you just copy pasted? How does it relate to LPDDR5 being the only way to achieve this '5G'?

Lol. Come on, i am dissecting you.

Which is what exactly, do you understand what you just copy pasted? How does it relate to LPDDR5 being the only way to achieve this '5G'?

Lol. Come on, i am dissecting you.
I am going to quote my old post because you are going in a circle
Yes, clock speed and transfer speed answered nothing. I mean, if this is your argument......

Which is what exactly? How much speed is 5G,how much clock speed is 5G. What has clock speed got to do with 5G, do you mean to say if I don't use Qualcomm, I can't get 5G? All this started because you claimed no LPDDR5 no 5G. What if i have a 16 gig LPDDR4 vs 1 gig LPDDR5, who is going to achieve 5G?lolol

Which is what exactly? How much speed is 5G,how much clock speed is 5G. What has clock speed got to do with 5G, do you mean to say if I don't use Qualcomm, I can't get 5G? All this started because you claimed no LPDDR5 no 5G. What if i have a 16 gig LPDDR4 vs 1 gig LPDDR5, who is going to achieve 5G?lolol

Again, this is the spec

View attachment 952663

Back
Top Bottom