What's new

Slower growth, healthier economy

What kind of question is that ? We were pulverized by incessant American carpet bombing. Whatever industry we did have was targetted as were major civilian centers.

But to answer your question, Japan, at the eve of WWII , was still developing. Much like China was during the 1960s and early 1970s.

After WWII , both our countries were starting from scratch. Same playing field. It's just that Japan bounced back fast because we had prior experience in massive infrastructure development and , industrialization and modern urban planning.

I wasn't sure whether whole of Japan was pulverized, perhaps many places left in tact. Besides JP was advance just like the West and China was backward. You had fighter planes, modern warships, carriers etc. With these kind of industrialization Japan would get back on track very fast. So after WW2 you could say JP became a developing country again so how was the transition to a developed country?

Awesome article!

I hope China can grow even slower, so CCP and mainlanders can even happier.

Everyone can sleep well tonight and forever.
:lol::enjoy:

Wishing people to sleep forever?....that was very funny, I think most people didn't notice that part. I had to give you a thumps up.

I wasn't sure whether whole of Japan was pulverized, perhaps many places left in tact. Besides JP was advance just like the West and China was backward. You had fighter planes, modern warships, carriers etc. With these kind of industrialization Japan would get back on track very fast. So after WW2 you could say JP became a developing country again so how was the transition to a developed country?

The western historians , in their analysis of Japan, liken Japanese experience to that of the Western Industrial Revolution. If you've read any western authored book on the history of Japan you will see this and observe that they associate Japanese industrialization with say the American or German experience.

Japanese industrialization, early on, was focused on military development and modernization. That was the very sole reason for Japan's development; to maintain and support a considerable military for the purpose of resisting Western Imperialism. The catalyst for this was when Japan was forced to open its doors to the West vis a vis Commodore Matthew C Perry of the U.S. Navy, who compelled Japan to open the port of Kanagawa and US trade else be fired upon by US Warships. That was the way the West entreated Japan early in our relationship. :)

After that , and after learning of the West's domination of Asia, the colonization of Vietnam, the Malaccas , and even the imposition of Spheres of Influence in China , traditionally the dominant power in East Asia, was an alarm bell for Japan. Seeing that Asia was forced to submit to the West was the very reason the Bakufu took to necessary change and thus Japan had the Meiji Restoration. The Meiji Emperor saw the necessity to industrialize , modernize. But unlike the West where their industrialization was focused on economics and traded (at first), Japanese industrialization was for purely militaristic purposes. Industrialization was necessary for us to build a large navy, a modern army, an effective engineering corp that would enable Japan to resist any western power. Economic industrialization happened later on, probably around the 1890s, the same time Japan and China fought the 1st Sino Japanese War. With the acquisition of Korea and Taiwan, for the first time Japan squired new territories with a significant population , and it was the burden of having new subjects to feed and new lands to develop that spurred civilian industry. So in terms of civil industry, the Japanese Empire started off late as compared to the West. Japan proper didn't industrialize enough because a large sum of national budget was spent in the development of both Korea and Taiwan; both countries with very large population. In fact it was eve. Argued that Taiwan (Taihoku) was more developed than many prefectures in Japan mainland. The city of Taipei was even more developed than my own home city of Sapporo, or Maizuru, even Yokohama! Taipei was considered a class 2 urban center by 1940.

The war was basically the worst thing to happen , it reversed all our gains, and most importantly it led to the loss of Korea and Taiwan, territories that were part of Japan for most of it's early industrial period.

The western historians , in their analysis of Japan, liken Japanese experience to that of the Western Industrial Revolution. If you've read any western authored book on the history of Japan you will see this and observe that they associate Japanese industrialization with say the American or German experience.

Japanese industrialization, early on, was focused on military development and modernization. That was the very sole reason for Japan's development; to maintain and support a considerable military for the purpose of resisting Western Imperialism. The catalyst for this was when Japan was forced to open its doors to the West vis a vis Commodore Matthew C Perry of the U.S. Navy, who compelled Japan to open the port of Kanagawa and US trade else be fired upon by US Warships. That was the way the West entreated Japan early in our relationship. :)

After that , and after learning of the West's domination of Asia, the colonization of Vietnam, the Malaccas , and even the imposition of Spheres of Influence in China , traditionally the dominant power in East Asia, was an alarm bell for Japan. Seeing that Asia was forced to submit to the West was the very reason the Bakufu took to necessary change and thus Japan had the Meiji Restoration. The Meiji Emperor saw the necessity to industrialize , modernize. But unlike the West where their industrialization was focused on economics and traded (at first), Japanese industrialization was for purely militaristic purposes. Industrialization was necessary for us to build a large navy, a modern army, an effective engineering corp that would enable Japan to resist any western power. Economic industrialization happened later on, probably around the 1890s, the same time Japan and China fought the 1st Sino Japanese War. With the acquisition of Korea and Taiwan, for the first time Japan squired new territories with a significant population , and it was the burden of having new subjects to feed and new lands to develop that spurred civilian industry. So in terms of civil industry, the Japanese Empire started off late as compared to the West. Japan proper didn't industrialize enough because a large sum of national budget was spent in the development of both Korea and Taiwan; both countries with very large population. In fact it was eve. Argued that Taiwan (Taihoku) was more developed than many prefectures in Japan mainland. The city of Taipei was even more developed than my own home city of Sapporo, or Maizuru, even Yokohama! Taipei was considered a class 2 urban center by 1940.

The war was basically the worst thing to happen , it reversed all our gains, and most importantly it led to the loss of Korea and Taiwan, territories that were part of Japan for most of it's early industrial period.
no no,you misunderstood him,i think he asked why japan become a developed country after wwii in a short time.
in my opinion, thanks to the yankees,and...korea war and Vietnam war

no no,you misunderstood him,i think he asked why japan become a developed country after wwii in a short time.

I'm wondering something... during the early days after WWII, did the US fund their military bases in Japan or was it all funded by Japan? If the US initially funded it, when did Japan have to start contributing/funding those military bases, etc?

Why Japan became developed? Because there were 80 some million Japanese that wanted to work , a surge in population known as the baby boomers -- products of returning soldiers and their sweethearts. Enough man power to reinvigorate the Japanese industries for the next half of the 20th century.

@Yorozuya ,

As per the terms of surrender , The Imperial Army and the Imperial Navy were dissolved, and all military bases of the Imperial Army and the Imperial Navy would have to be administered by the Americans. Technically speaking the Americans even dared that Japan shouldnt have a military again. Heh.

As per the base maintenance structure ,It was agreed upon in 1951, formalized in 1960 under the US-Japan Status of Forces Agreement.

As per 2015, with the drafting of the new Japan-US Defense Guidelines, it will decrease American presence in Japanese waters and will increase Japanese responsibility for the defense of Japan, the Western Pacific and all other territories that are vital to Japan and the alliance system. In other words, there is the resurgence of the Japanese Military, and rightfully so.

I expect in the coming years, we will establish greater defense cooperation with key neighbors such as China and Korea, the same way as how Japan has developed a mature defense agreement with Russia in regards to maritime waters, emergency cooperation Et al.

Japan is finally loosening itself from the shackles that the U.S. placed on her at the end of WWII.

Why Japan became developed? Because there were 80 some million Japanese that wanted to work , a surge in population known as the baby boomers -- products of returning soldiers and their sweethearts. Enough man power to reinvigorate the Japanese industries for the next half of the 20th century.

Actually i meant the transition period from being a devastated Japan (developing country) to a developed country. As you have noticed many skeptics talk about the crash of China now that her economic growth decreased to 6-7% which we know it's not true. Never the less the adjustment is what China needs to sustain her growth. I wonder what Japan experienced during the transition period . I'm sure Japan experienced an economic boom during her development (same as China's double digit growth) and then during the late 80's it was the start of the "lost decade(s)" as Western economists describe it.

Actually i meant the transition period from being a devastated Japan (developing country) to a developed country. As you have noticed many skeptics talk about the crash of China now that her economic growth decreased to 6-7% which we know it's not true. Never the less the adjustment is what China needs to sustain her growth. I wonder what Japan experienced during the transition period . I'm sure Japan experienced an economic boom during her development (same as China's double digit growth) and then during the late 80's it was the start of the "lost decade(s)" as Western economists describe it.

Here's a great presentation by Dr. S. Otsubo, Ph.D. --- of Nagoya University.

Enjoy!

https://www.gsid.nagoya-u.ac.jp/sotsubo/Postwar_Development_of_the_Japanese Economy(Otsubo_NagoyaU).pdf

slower growth , healthier economy???

How possible ???:o:

Because in the past 10years , our main impetus for economic growth comes from investment,now it comes from consumption. So it slower but healther.

GO fk yourself ! You stupid asshole .

Relax, angry is bad for your health.

take it easy,nearly everyone here know who he is, what he wants,no reply to him is the best way

Hi rabbit , your tail leak out.:pleasantry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom