What's new

So how good is Pakistan’s JF-17 fighter? Analysis from RUSI think-tank’s Justin Bronk

It will be specially as it will have AESA which BLOCK 60 doesn't have and also engine will be improved version of the current one. And also more hard points and JHMCS

Bhai, apologies for asking, but what is your source for the engine? Is it definitive? Are we going for RD-93 MA? How sure are you about this?

It will be specially as it will have AESA which BLOCK 60 doesn't have and also engine will be improved version of the current one. And also more hard points and JHMCS
F16 Block 60 has AESA radar. I think you wanted to Say block 52.

Term 'improved version' is misleading

Point*. There will be one more HP.

Subah al kher janab, I am pretty sure Block 60 is equipped with an AESA.

I am also pretty certain that no matter what the advancements, the American avionics and quality will always have an edge over the world.

Block 60 have AESA radars (AN/APG-80 AESA) and i am not sure about JHMCS may be @Khafee will enlighten that

I am also pretty certain that no matter what the advancements, the American avionics and quality will always

How you justify your statement?

It's from what I have read, the avionics, the engine, the radar, the airframe. The US investment in it's R&D for a platform clearly reflects in the quality of their product, while W.Europeans and Russians come in 2nd. It's a crucial and valiant effort on part of Pakistan and China, a step in the right direction, however it is way too early and premature to start claiming equivalence to F-16E/F Block 60.

Also, JFT is specifically tailored for the threats in our theatre; chiefly the hindi airforce.

I read full,

See what he says about Tejas :rofl: a truth from Indian fraand

Tejas- joke or hope?

lca.jpg

Tejas, national pride over practicality?

Joke. Thirty years of development to produce an aircraft with short range, poor payload, and severe quality control issues throughout the manufacturing process leading to badly fitting structural components, slow delivery rates and high costs due to remanufacturing and alterations requirements. India would have done much better to have just bought a licence to manufacture Gripen C/D.
Bhai.
Tejas is not tbe topic of debate. Please confine your self to the topic which is JFT. Thanks.
A

Waalikumusslaam

If war starts today evening, what PAF got against IAF ?
Actually IAF and PAF is not ready for WAR at this movement and both facing problem for their up gradation program and IAF is espcially in serious trouble because her program is going way short as compare to their program. Today IAF is well short of 100 planes compare to her planning till now.

Asalamu Alaikum

Project Azm and the FC-31 are planned, and will be more than adequate to handle any and all planes the IAF has and will have in the nearby future. The 3rd block of the JF-17 will also be able to handle the Su-30MKI (dunno about the Rafale though).

As of now, 18 block 52 F-16's and 45 F-16's upgraded to block 50 standard are the only ones that can handle the Su-30MKI.

However, we have the advantage of being a smaller country that would be on the defensive, and we have much better pilots (this has been historically proven). So you have to take that into account.
Not on the defensive but drawing the enemy into the shaheens nest for a good meal. Remember enemy relies heavily on BVR but pak pilots are trained to get up close and personal. At those close quarter engagements those big planes don't have the advantage that have at long ranges

I am also pretty certain that no matter what the advancements, the American avionics and quality will always

It's from what I have read, the avionics, the engine, the radar, the airframe. The US investment in it's R&D for a platform clearly reflects in the quality of their product, while W.Europeans and Russians come in 2nd. It's a crucial and valiant effort on part of Pakistan and China, a step in the right direction, however it is way too early and premature to start claiming equivalence to F-16E/F Block 60.

Also, JFT is specifically tailored for the threats in our theatre; chiefly the hindi airforce.
US Tech. Let me show you something to understand US. They have good marketing and propogenda team. Here is actual example.
C130 global master (Production start 1995-til date)
IIyushin-IL-76 (1974-till date)
So tell me in war time which one is more effective?

US Tech. Let me show you something to understand US. They have good marketing and propogenda team. Here is actual example.

Come on, you and I both know the effectiveness and efficiency of US equipment is way more than good marketing or propaganda team. The Japanese(Mitsubishi F2) and the Koreans(T-50 Golden Eagle) with all their technical expertise, solid R&D and funds came up with their multi-role airplanes based on the F-16 and although quite good, they're still not on par with the real thing.

If the US is able to market and do propaganda for their machines it's only because they have a lot to show for as well.

I am afraid your example doesn't really fit in to our discussion because we are talking about the equipment/machine rather than a process. The equipment, i.e. the Apache in the video is still better than the Chinese or Turkish replacements which we have tested for our Army Aviations. Forget the Apache, I suppose they did not even come close to matching the requirements which are fulfilled by the Cobras. I don't know much about the Il-76 or C-130 apart from some very basic information so can't really compare and contrast those two properly.

Nice article ,,,,
As I said before JF-17 is a blessing for PAF , yes we are late on it and progress is not very fast( we have to replace 200+ birds) , but still A Great Light Fighter................ having said that....
JF-17 never meant to take on SU-30s or Rafale,,,,,,,,,,,,, They are here to replace 200 F-6s and F-7s cost effectively (mean cheaply) and to give tech and gen advantage on old F-6s and F-7s that we have(had)...
In battle JF-17 spouse to take on IAF's Migs(including Mig-29) , M2Ks , Jags and Tajas(If any) majority of IAF's inventory ............THAT's It.
Fanboys turning it some thing it never meant to be............
Note: There is no block 3 when it will come out then we can talk about many things........ so please don't bring block 3 up............

Nice article ,,,,
As I said before JF-17 is a blessing for PAF , yes we are late on it and progress is not very fast( we have to replace 200+ birds) , but still A Great Light Fighter................ having said that....
JF-17 never meant to take on SU-30s or Rafale,,,,,,,,,,,,, They are here to replace 200 F-6s and F-7s cost effectively (mean cheaply) and to give tech and gen advantage on old F-6s and F-7s that we have(had)...
In battle JF-17 spouse to take on IAF's Migs(including Mig-29) , M2Ks , Jags and Tajas(If any) majority of IAF's inventory ............THAT's It.
Fanboys turning it some thing it never meant to be............
Note: There is no block 3 when it will come out then we can talk about many things........ so please don't bring block 3 up............
Think what if JF17 cross 400 units with minimum block3 standard?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom