What's new

Sri Lankan monk sets himself ablaze over cow slaughter

I knw that Nadar women upper cloth story.

I am a huge critic of putting such rules upon women even if society tries to deliver justice/punishment to a particular sect of people.

well,my opinion of kerala society is not high.

And DK is a very important tool of the british hegemony and even today their links with the church are highly dubious.

For a relatively developed state, Tamil Nadu still suffers from chronic malnutrition. And for a chronically malnourished state, it has the highest prevalence of diabetes . you can connect the dots.

South India worst hit by diabetes - Times Of India

I told you how,

most farmers in our village eat sothu kanji in the morning which is pazhaya soru mixed with some curd/onion/chilli and thats the healthiest thing in the world.

even my grandpa who was not a working farmer,his diet was excellent.

Most people get up before the sun rises,eat 2-3 meals max per day and fixed quantity of food and sleep by 8 and finish dinner before sun set.

even now,when i go back home to my parents i eat normal south indian food but i lose weight instead of gaining.

There is nothign erotic,thats all dravidar kazhagam sex fantasies,

The old system did find sexuality normal and not something taboo and they did not see it as something crazy that would make you a lust filled animal.

you are gonna sit there and tell me there is nothing erotic about a woman faced cow eternally squirting her milk on a lingam?

You can go to older temples to see a more anatomically correct depiction of lingam. shying away from fact only shows that you are not proud of it.

I knw that Nadar women upper cloth story.

I am a huge critic of putting such rules upon women even if society tries to deliver justice/punishment to a particular sect of people.

well,my opinion of kerala society is not high.

And DK is a very important tool of the british hegemony and even today their links with the church are highly dubious.

I told you how,

most farmers in our village eat sothu kanji in the morning which is pazhaya soru mixed with some curd/onion/chilli and thats the healthiest thing in the world.

even my grandpa who was not a working farmer,his diet was excellent.

Most people get up before the sun rises,eat 2-3 meals max per day and fixed quantity of food and sleep by 8 and finish dinner before sun set.

even now,when i go back home to my parents i eat normal south indian food but i lose weight instead of gaining.

I am quoting statistics and you are quoting anecdotes. But the bottom line is, our dietary habits are not very healthy. It could have been healthier in ancient times. But definitely not today. There is nothing to protect and preserve.

I am not a DK member nor do I agree with everything they do. But they are the reason, caste system has a much less influence in TN compared to other states. TN is the only state where using caste names are actively discouraged. one of the main reasons our people progressed is because of the social revolution in TN lead by DK.

I am quoting statistics and you are quoting anecdotes. But the bottom line is, our dietary habits are not very healthy. It could have been healthier in ancient times. But definitely not today. There is nothing to protect and preserve.

I am not a DK member nor do I agree with everything they do. But they are the reason, caste system has a much less influence in TN compared to other states. TN is the only state where using caste names are actively discouraged. one of the main reasons our people progressed is because of the social revolution in TN lead by DK.

I dont agree with your views,

I come from Tirunelveli district and whether periyar was there or not,people there always had a zest for education.If not education they were going and establishing businesses/joining civil services/army long ago.

This would have happened whether periyar happened or not,i dont know about other districts but for Kanyakumari/Tirunelveli/Tuticorin we never cared about DK/DMK or whatever,we think of periyar like theepori aarumugam/vetrikondan.

and i just laught when i see your views that caste is non existent in TN today,i guess where did Ramadoss come from and i also know the realities of the Thanjavur/Trichy/Kumbakonam area and also the Erode/Coimbatore/Mettupalayam/Pollachi region and the realities of caste.

Forget all that,Vaiko a naikkar still owns farmland leased out to working farmers near his village in sankarankovil,.

I mean if Vaiko himself doesn't care about Periyar,who else will.

you are gonna sit there and tell me there is nothing erotic about a woman faced cow eternally squirting her milk on a lingam?

You can go to older temples to see a more anatomically correct depiction of lingam. shying away from fact only shows that you are not proud of it.

There is a significance about the kamadhenu squirting milk on the lingam but it is not what you think.

The lingam is not shiva's penis,it is his pituitary gland.

This is the biggest lie of the christian missionaries.

Now,you see the kamadehnu squirting milk on the lingam,u ll see the significance.

btw,ancient hindus got married even before puberty and got enough sex in life and kids,they dont need to dream and shag.

I asked u for link for ur claim since ur a Sri Lankan u should be able to support ur claim with respect to ur country.

Leave Vijeya n other empires for second i'll ask u a simple question before the advent of Buddhism what major religion would u believe was prominent in SL as Islam was no where around n Hinduism ur not ready to accept...:)

Again the question is the same do u have a link for ur claim as being a SL citizen its ur moral duty to clear the doubts about ur country.:azn:

The probability of pre Vijaya (aryan) inhabitants of Lanka being animist or Hindu is more likely than other theories without any real basis

I dont agree with your views,

I come from Tirunelveli district and whether periyar was there or not,people there always had a zest for education.If not education they were going and establishing businesses/joining civil services/army long ago.

This would have happened whether periyar happened or not,i dont know about other districts but for Kanyakumari/Tirunelveli/Tuticorin we never cared about DK/DMK or whatever,we think of periyar like theepori aarumugam/vetrikondan.

and i just laught when i see your views that caste is non existent in TN today,i guess where did Ramadoss come from and i also know the realities of the Thanjavur/Trichy/Kumbakonam area and also the Erode/Coimbatore/Mettupalayam/Pollachi region and the realities of caste.

Forget all that,Vaiko a naikkar still owns farmland leased out to working farmers near his village in sankarankovil,.

I mean if Vaiko himself doesn't care about Periyar,who else will.

There is a significance about the kamadhenu squirting milk on the lingam but it is not what you think.

The lingam is not shiva's penis,it is his pituitary gland.

This is the biggest lie of the christian missionaries.

Now,you see the kamadehnu squirting milk on the lingam,u ll see the significance.

btw,ancient hindus got married even before puberty and got enough sex in life and kids,they dont need to dream and shag.

compared to other states, backward castes of TN are more empowered.

I was decorating Vesak lanterns, VIP helicopter flew above our home, later heard on news it was carrying that monk.
Buddhist monk died yesterday night.

A buddist will not kill for fun but killing for food or self-preservation is not a problem.
Only jains follow extreme non-violence to animals position. Not hindus or buddists.

There isn't any permission to kill any animal for food in Buddhism.
but there isn't ban on eating beef/meat in Buddhism either.

btw, committing suicide is a sin in buddhism, no Buddhist monk or people encourage such activities.

I do not know what is written in your religion and what not. If your religion says movie is haram then it is upto you either watch or not.
This is fcuking damm bulshit logic what you are applying here. comparing cow slaughter with movies. This is not matter of like or dislike. this is our belief. get is straight plz.
You people use to cry for Halal and all thing becoz that is your belief but when come to others belief then it is matter of like or dislike
i am rajputani, so concept of halal is not for me.

The probability of pre Vijaya (aryan) inhabitants of Lanka being animist or Hindu is more likely than other theories without any real basis

I know dear but i don't think our frnd HienzG will argee with us...:)

Which Sinhalese religion r u talking about plz name it?

It is not a Sinhalese religion but generally a primitive deity worship (sun worshiping, tree or rock worshiping etc.) religion.

refer to

http://www.bps.lk/olib/wh/wh100.pdf

chapter 5 page 6-7

A noteworthy feature of the pre-Buddhist religion of Sri Lanka is that it was a mixture of the
aboriginal cults and the beliefs of the Aryan newcomers.

The worship of yaksas and yaksinis was a widely prevalent aboriginal custom of pre-
Buddhist Lanka. King Pandukābhaya, the grandfather of Devānampiyatissa, provided shrines
for many of these spirits and also gave them sacrificial offerings annually. Some of these yaksas
and yaksinis mentioned by name are Kālavela, Cittarāja, Vessavana, Valavāmukhi and Cittā.
Vyādhadeva, Kammāradeva and Pacchimarājini, though not known as yaksas and yaksinis, also
belong to the same category of aboriginal spirits. Trees like the banyan and palmyrah were also
connected with the cults of these spirits showing that tree-worship was also prevalent.

also

Accounts relating the pre-Buddhist history of Sri Lanka also show a considerable influence of
the religious trends of India on the society of Lanka. Several Nigaṇṭhas (Jainas) such as Giri,
Jotiya and Kumbhaṇḍa lived in the reign of Pandukābhaya and hermitages were constructed for
them and other ascetics like ājivakas, brahmins and the wandering mendicant monks. Five
hundred families of heretical beliefs also lived near the city of Anurādhapura. The brahmins
occupied a high place in society and their religious beliefs were also respected. The worship of
Siva too may have been prevalent.

However you should take into account that the above quote refer to the pre-Buddihst Sri Lanka not Pre-Vijaya Sri Lanka.

AFAIK many of ur Kings n kingdoms during ancient times had Hindu names like the Vijaya Empire.:)

That's what you know. Vijeya and his clan are from India so basically they ought to have Indian names. :P

n ur reason for denial is???:what:
When Buddha was himself born in around 500 BC is it a surprise for u?
Do u have any Source for ur claim or as usual its just ur belief ???

Daily Mirror E-Paper

Girihadu Seya is considered as the first Dagoba in Sri Lanka. It is located in Thiriyaya close to TrincomaleePulmoddai road. After the Buddha spent seven weeks (Sath Sathiya), the two merchants –Thapassu and Balluka -- who are brothers offered alms to him and asked for sacred relics to be enshrined in a Dagoba. The Buddha gave them a lock of hair as sacred relics (Sacred Kesha Datu). History says that the two merchants travelled to Trincomalee and built the Girihadu Seya where they enshrined these scared relics.

It is built before the time of Mahinda thero.

Now do really wanna me to prove u again that Sinhala has been derived from Sanskrit..:what:

Again u got no proof just ur belief but i have already proved u that its derived from Sanskrit in the previous thread itself.
Again nothing to back ur claim....:)

What is your point here? just like me you do not have any credible source to back your theory up. If you have any evidence please post.

I know dear but i don't think our frnd HienzG will argee with us...:)

What basis you have Mr. Gibbs that reinforce the idea of pre Vijaya (aryan) inhabitants of Lanka being animist or Hindu? Do you think whole of SL population were came from India?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom