What's new

Strangest thing happend to me !!!

Acha phir may nay sahi nahi parha .

I got confused by this bold part below, ihad thought by that u meant amount ws deducted but i think u had meant deposit,imisunderstoood it perhaps.

U shud chek with them for that. And when u receive such messages, if you have an online account with the bank do chek it to confirm they have taken out the sum or not. Sometimes they deduct service charges too.

Sorry, typo in the first paragraph. It should be debited in the first para.

Oh so the cashier asked only for last 3 digits of acc num . Wow. I dont believe this ,the whole bank shud be shut down.
Mistake of cashier and while bank should be shut down? They should throw cashier in jail unless they recover money from Cashier else he deseves treatement of punjab police

ooh zakaat factor they transfer it you and before zakaat deduction they transfer the money back to the person / persons since they money is transfer the same month zakaat can't be deducted/ If it is true all drama was staged to avoid zakaat deduction.

Mistake of cashier and while bank should be shut down? They should throw cashier in jail unless they recover money from Cashier else he deseves treatement of punjab police
The bank shud be shut down cuz of the way they fooled jazzbot bahi.

This year in Feb I had mistakenly transferred NZ$22k to some dudes account in Auckland instead of transferring it to my own account.But it was reversed ,the next working day.

The dude on the other end would have felt just like you for a few hours! :D

This year in Feb I had mistakenly transferred NZ$22k to some dudes account in Auckland instead of transferring it to my own account.But it was reversed ,the next working day.

The dude on the other end would have felt just like you for a few hours! :D
Your story seem more genuine then some Nigerian woman asking for bank details so that she can transfer all her money inheriated from dead parent to my bank account in uk and later join me in here as her life is in serious danger in nigeria :D

Your story seem more genuine then some Nigerian woman asking for bank details so that she can transfer all her money inheriated from dead parent to my bank account in uk and later join me in here as her life is in serious danger in nigeria :D
:mad:

I was doing my routine work today when a text message popped up on my cell phone "80,000 Rs has been transferred to your account # xxxxxxxxx by account # xxxxxxxx". 4 similar text messages followed with much bigger payments and within a couple of minutes a sum of 2 million rupees was sitting in my bank account.

I was shocked as hell because I wasn't expecting any such payments. I logged onto my bank's website and checked my account balance, it confirmed these transactions.

I knew something fishy has happened and wasn't sure whether I should tell my mom / wife about this (they usually panic quickly). So I just got myself busy with my work as I was in office and was waiting for someone to contact me on this.

4 hours later, I received a call from my bank. The manager was on line, and he asked me where am I and when can I be available for a meeting. I told him that I'm in office and I'll be free at 7pm. Then he told me about these payments which were done accidentally and a refund is needed. Since Eid holidays are starting from tomorrow so we'll have to do this today at any cost. It wasn't possible for me to leave the office before 7pm so they said they will wait for me even after bank closing hours.

Then I got several calls from my bank. Long story short, they asked me to provide 3 blank cheques so they can use them to refund. I didn't had chequebook with me in my office so they were willing to send someone to my home and collect cheques. When I asked what they will do with my cheques without my signature on them? They said they can refund when they have cheques with them and I can visit them & do the signatures later.

I called my mom and told her about this, the bank representative reached my home, had my mom on call with me, received the cheques and returned. Half hour later I got text alerts that a couple of payments worth a million rupees each were done from my account to account xxxxxxxxxx.

When I reached the bank after my office time, entire bank staff along with manager were waiting for me even though the bank timings were over a couple of hours ago. They welcomed me as some celebrity, gave me all the details. Basically what happened was:

My name & fathers name were exactly same with the actual beneficiary, the bank branch of both of us is also same and on top of that the account numbers of both of us were exactly same except one digit e.g. if my account was 111113111, then his was 111118111 :blink:

The sender was an old man who asked the cashier to fill the cheques for him, the cashier asked about the beneficiary details and the old man gave him the name as well as last 3 digits of beneficiary's account. Since both of these matched my details, cashier searched the details in his system and my account popped up on top.

Anyways, I have refunded the payment without any fuss. After refund bank manager told me that he got the call from actual beneficiary who is asking about my details and wants to meet me to thank. I told the manager to not to share my details with that old man or the actual beneficiary as I don't seek any reward or appreciation for this.

Bottom line, I became millionaire and then back to my normal self within half day.. :lol:

Hi,

If I was you---I would just ask for a letter of explanation from the bank just for your records.

Exactly, that is the standard operating procedure all over the world, including Pakistan. I suspect something very fishy. It's either laundering or something even more sinister with multiple cheques. @Jazzbot, mate, you're in trouble, trust me. I've been in this business for longer than you can imagine, go seek professional help first thing tomorrow. Take a legal council with you if necessary.

If the amount is big, there is also tax!

Ohhh i wrote letter of verification ,oh that was incorrect term ,imeant letter of explanation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom