What's new

Sukhoi PAK-FA / FGFA: Updates,News & Discussions

Well PAKFA will be a formidable plane but beating F-35 is not very easy. It's EW systems
are very powerful and so is it's radar and situational awareness system with the EO-DAS.

Infact F-35 has far better situational awareness than F-22.

I disagree on that, the sheer number and power of AESA radar arrays in different bands, electro optical sensors, as well as RWR should give Pak Fa / FGFA a clear advantage in situational awareness. The FGFA is even likely to add more sensors than the Russians normally do and as reports of IAF officials confirmed, there is a focus on 360° passive detection with different EW sensors. All this makes FGFA possibly one of the best fighters in this field, one reason why I had prefered the twin seater version, because it is easier to use all these informations with a WSO, than with a single pilot.
With a useful number of capable AWACS, as well as these FGFAs patroling alongside the borders, India will have a good advantage in situational awareness over it's enemies!

I disagree on that, the sheer number and power of AESA radar arrays in different bands, electro optical sensors, as well as RWR should give Pak Fa / FGFA a clear advantage in situational awareness. The FGFA is even likely to add more sensors than the Russians normally do and as reports of IAF officials confirmed, there is a focus on 360° passive detection with different EW sensors. All this makes FGFA possibly one of the best fighters in this field, one reason why I had prefered the twin seater version, because it is easier to use all these informations with a WSO, than with a single pilot.
With a useful number of capable AWACS, as well as these FGFAs patroling alongside the borders, India will have a good advantage in situational awareness over it's enemies!

I do know about PAK-FA situational awareness package. I even made a somewhat accurate
chart on that a while back:lol:

But what I'm saying is, if PAK-FA can detect F-35 passively sneaking up from 8 o' clock, so can
F-35 detect PAK-FA doing the same. It will not be a walk in the park dealing with F-35 JSF.

I do know about PAK-FA situational awareness package. I even made a somewhat accurate
chart on that a while back:lol:

But what I'm saying is, if PAK-FA can detect F-35 passively sneaking up from 8 o' clock, so can
F-35 detect PAK-FA doing the same. It will not be a walk in the park dealing with F-35 JSF.

Even if the F35 can detect Pak Fa with it's IR sensors, what should it do? In normal strike config on only carries 2 x AIM 120s, which means it has to turn and direct the radar to the Pak Fa, must hope that it can get a lock and then has 2 x shots. Most F35 versions doesn't even have a gun internally, which makes them completelly dependent on these 2 x missiles!
The same scenario the other way around, Pak Fa in strike, detects an F35 on it's 8 with it's radar and optical sensors. It first can use it's R77s, or the R73s at closer ranges without leaving it's flight path and might simply speed up to loose the slow F35.

6094401582fb361c3a09b.jpg

6045370621d106936b15b.jpg

0_6b7b8_215a7edf_orig

Even if the F35 can detect Pak Fa with it's IR sensors, what should it do? In normal strike config on only carries 2 x AIM 120s, which means it has to turn and direct the radar to the Pak Fa, must hope that it can get a lock and then has 2 x shots. Most F35 versions doesn't even have a gun internally, which makes them completelly dependent on these 2 x missiles!
The same scenario the other way around, Pak Fa in strike, detects an F35 on it's 8 with it's radar and optical sensors. It first can use it's R77s, or the R73s at closer ranges without leaving it's flight path and might simply speed up to loose the slow F35.

Passive sensors read heat signatures, suppose a F-35 got into FGFA's 6 0 clock, even with 360Degree surveillance how will it dedect the f-35 provided F-35's engines are not 'open' FGFA's passive heat seeking sensors?

Passive sensors read heat signatures, suppose a F-35 got into FGFA's 6 0 clock, even with 360Degree surveillance how will it dedect the f-35 provided F-35's engines are not 'open' FGFA's passive heat seeking sensors?

Well over the shoulder launch capabilty of the IR guided missile with LOAL capabilty & having TVC would come to effect in this situation which has more to do with capabilty of missile rather than plane painting the target on it's 6 O clock position

Well what is the future IR guided missile for Pakfa??? it would depend upon that

R 74 M missile Hmm very less is known about it with an improved infra-red (IR)-seeker. has a maximum off-bore-sight angle of 60¹, compared to 40¹ for the basic R-73 ..i dont think it would be used in pakfa ,as it's lacks LOAL capability .

Very good info regarding what type of future IR guided missiles would be used in PAKFA from this source:D
30_110.jpg

30_210.jpg

R-73E and RVV-MD LOAL - Page 2

Russia close to completing its F-22 aircraft rival

Completion of the development of an engine for the Sukhoi PAK FA - aka the T-50 fighter - was announced at the Paris Air Show. According to the Russian military, which has finished stage one of its flight tests, their results suggest the Russian fighter turned out to be on a par with - and even better in certain areas - than its main American rival, the F-22 Raptor...

...The Sukhoi Design Bureau has mentioned “the PAK FA’s unprecedentedly low level of radar, optical and infrared visibility.” The T-50’s effective reflective area will amount to 5.3 square feet [0.5m² for the T50 prototypes!] (its predecessor, the Sukhoi-30MKI, has 215 square feet) [19m²].

This means that the Sukhoi-30MKI appears on the radar screen as a large metal object, while the T-50’s reflection would only be one-fortieth of that, making it much more difficult to notice or aim weapons at it — especially since the machine benefits from the exceptional maneuverability that has been a hallmark of Sukhoi fighters...

...The T-50’s “e-pilot” functionality is constantly analyzing the situation, offering the pilot several options on which to act.

The pilot will receive the bulk of flight and combat data in the form of symbols and signs, making it easier to process and substantially easing the pressure on the pilot, while allowing him to focus on the tactical mission at hand...

Russia close to completing its F-22 aircraft rival | Russia Beyond The Headlines

The Sukhoi Design Bureau has mentioned “the PAK FA’s unprecedentedly low level of radar, optical and infrared visibility.” The T-50’s effective reflective area will amount to 5.3 square feet [0.5m² for the T50 prototypes!] (its predecessor, the Sukhoi-30MKI, has 215 square feet) [19m²].

i think 0.5 m2 he meant for protypes only not for production planes.

Even an average 4th gen fighter like typhoon, rafale even LCA boast to have 1 or less than 1m2 RCS :blink:

i think 0.5 m2 he meant for protypes only not for production planes.

Even an average 4th gen fighter like typhoon, rafale even LCA boast to have 1 or less than 1m2 RCS :blink:

Of course, that's why I added and marked it, the counter the confusions right away. The prototypes don't use RAM coatings and the final design will have some more RCS reduction featuers. But still when you think about it, the 0.5m² for this large prototype, compared to the much smaller EF and Rafale, WITH coatings, would still be an impressive achievement, with more potential for the future.

I'm wondering what those things ^^ are for.

1. A bump with an angled surface and different texture (side facing the camera).

2. A whole layer of texture that looks strange (many lines drawn in a vertical pattern).

Any idea what they are?
Anyone?

I'm wondering what those things ^^ are for.

1. A bump with an angled surface and different texture (side facing the camera).

2. A whole layer of texture that looks strange (many lines drawn in a vertical pattern).

Any idea what they are?
Anyone?

Not sure about the texture, but the bumb should be used to direct the airflow.

Not sure about the texture, but the bumb should be used to direct the airflow.

Why does it need a bump to divert airflow? Does the innards of the intake design necessitate it?

Flankers did not have such bumps, right?

You haven't factored in JHMDS of F-35 and Russia hasn't made any kind of sophisticated system so far, correct me if I'm wrong.

Even T-50 detects F-35 from behind, F-35 has ability to launch missile over the shoulder and make and evasive maneuver while T-50 will be busy in dodging the missile giving F-35 enough time to engage T-50 appropriately

Back
Top Bottom