What's new

Taliban Training Monkey Soldiers for Jihad?

FreekiN

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

The People's Daily, a newspaper produced by China's ruling communist party, has either been hilariously pranked or has out-reported every news outlet in Afghanistan to secure the scoop of the century. The outlet today reports that the Taliban in Afghanistan is "training monkeys to use weapons to attack American troops." After 16 years of war and nine years of battling the U.S., the Islamist insurgents have decided to arm monkeys with "AK-47 rifles and Bren light machine guns in the Waziristan tribal region near the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan."

The Chinese author, who apparently believes that PETA is more influential than the 31 percent of Americans who oppose the Afghan war, tries to explain what's happening. "Analysts believe that apart from using 'monkey killers' to attack the American troops, the Taliban also sought to arouse Western animal protectionists to pressure their governments to withdraw troops from Afghanistan."

Ace blogger and journalist Steve Hynd uncovered this strange article, adding, "I have no idea where China's People's Daily got this or what it thinks it's doing by publishing it, but it's too weird/funny not to pass along. ... Banana Akhbar!" It's not clear what species of monkey is involved in the alleged jihad, but the most likely may be the mischievous Rhesus Macaque, which can be found in parts of Afghanistan.

Oddly, the People's Daily article cites an unnamed "British-based media agency" and insists, "The report and photos have been widely spread by media agencies and Web sites across the world." As if the story were not strange enough, it ends with this bit of history, which Hynd confirms has no actual basis:
Ironically, the initiators of "monkey soldiers" are the Americans. Between the 1960s and the 1970s, the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) trained massive "monkey soldiers" in the Vietnam War and dispatched armed monkeys to dangerous jungles to launch assaults on Vietnamese soldiers. Today, the Taliban forces have given the American troops some of their own medicine.

When armed animals enter interpersonal wars, what kind of world will we face? This cannot but arouse our reflections and concerns.
The Atlantic Wire cannot speak for everyone but our reflections have certainly been aroused.

The People's Daily, a newspaper produced by China's ruling communist party, has either been hilariously pranked or has out-reported every news outlet in Afghanistan to secure the scoop of the century. The outlet today reports that the Taliban in Afghanistan is "training monkeys to use weapons to attack American troops." After 16 years of war and nine years of battling the U.S., the Islamist insurgents have decided to arm monkeys with "AK-47 rifles and Bren light machine guns in the Waziristan tribal region near the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan."

The Chinese author, who apparently believes that PETA is more influential than the 31 percent of Americans who oppose the Afghan war, tries to explain what's happening. "Analysts believe that apart from using 'monkey killers' to attack the American troops, the Taliban also sought to arouse Western animal protectionists to pressure their governments to withdraw troops from Afghanistan."

Ace blogger and journalist Steve Hynd uncovered this strange article, adding, "I have no idea where China's People's Daily got this or what it thinks it's doing by publishing it, but it's too weird/funny not to pass along. ... Banana Akhbar!" It's not clear what species of monkey is involved in the alleged jihad, but the most likely may be the mischievous Rhesus Macaque, which can be found in parts of Afghanistan.

Oddly, the People's Daily article cites an unnamed "British-based media agency" and insists, "The report and photos have been widely spread by media agencies and Web sites across the world." As if the story were not strange enough, it ends with this bit of history, which Hynd confirms has no actual basis:
Ironically, the initiators of "monkey soldiers" are the Americans. Between the 1960s and the 1970s, the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) trained massive "monkey soldiers" in the Vietnam War and dispatched armed monkeys to dangerous jungles to launch assaults on Vietnamese soldiers. Today, the Taliban forces have given the American troops some of their own medicine.

When armed animals enter interpersonal wars, what kind of world will we face? This cannot but arouse our reflections and concerns.
The Atlantic Wire cannot speak for everyone but our reflections have certainly been aroused.

What's new? They are all monkeys anyway.

What's new? They are all monkeys anyway.

Please dont insult the monkeys.

talking about the monkeys. i am wondering if there is some Saudi Scholor fatwa on using monkeys for jehad
the most pressing part is will those monkeys get circumcised or not? because they cant enter heaven if they are not
I am not sure if Bannana Akbar is the monkey version to wage jihad on the infidels maybe Zakir Naik or Liaqat Baloch of Jamiat Islami can shed some light on it

we will have to see how this story turns out

isnt it possible the "blogger" mis interpreted monkey instead of gorilla. and that the newspaper confused guerrilla with gorilla?

the Taliban in Afghanistan is "training monkeys to use weapons to attack American troops."
Finally the Americans soldiers have found their match :rofl:. i am so betting on Monkeys.....:D

May be taliban shown dream of 72 female monkey virgins to the male monkey.who knows?

lol that was funny what if the monkeys turn on to their own masters ?

I strongly recommend to all foreign troops to carry bananas with them to feed the monkeys along with weapons lol.

have some respect, they are representing a country, what if somebody compare pak army soldiers to monkeys?
Get off you high horse man! i only said they have found their match i didn't call Americans monkey or anything offensive, as for your statement how would i feel when some one compares monkeys with Pak army then FYI in 2005 a huge controversy rose regarding the news papers in Washington for publishing the cartoons of Pakistan's military junta as faithful *$%#. Pakistan Army had demanded an apology as well. So please next time before you jump in to advocate your theories of idealism don't point at me

Last edited:
come on... what the hell is a monkey soldier..???
u could have written guirella fighter.

monkey soldier..???

:blink::blink:

isnt it possible the "blogger" mis interpreted monkey instead of gorilla. and that the newspaper confused guerrilla with gorilla?

Lost in translation:

I have seen a lot of reporters (specifically from India and Pakistan) calling guerrilla fighters as gorilla fighters, and consequently many lay men taking gorilla fighters as ape/monkey fighters.

It appears to be a clear case of misinterpretation to me.

Back
Top Bottom