What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Turks are progressive and religious people perfect blend for modern Muslim anyway they are the most intelligent Islamic country exist today no martial or monarch system to dictate their brain on society they invested in human capital and this showing its result today with innovative ideas flourishing in their products specially in defence related products they have surpassed both Chinese and Israelis in few military fields

Turkey has to innovate more in naval platforms and develop bigger frigates destroyers

TFX going to be backbone of Turkish airforces what we seeing TFX in development it's top notch even better than F 35 but it needs five more years of development to get out of factories with flying colours

Turks are progressive and religious people perfect blend for modern Muslim anyway they are the most intelligent Islamic country exist today no martial or monarch system to dictate their brain on society they invested in human capital and this showing its result today with innovative ideas flourishing in their products specially in defence related products they have surpassed both Chinese and Israelis in few military fields

Turkey has to innovate more in naval platforms and develop bigger frigates destroyers

TFX going to be backbone of Turkish airforces what we seeing TFX in development it's top notch even better than F 35 but it needs five more years of development to get out of factories with flying colours

The seeds were sown after the embargoes of the 1970s. May God be pleased with the late Ecevit and other political party leaders who took a national stance, such as Erbakan, who supported him and even pushed him in this area. In the 1980s, but especially since the 1990s, important struggles have been waged, great sacrifices have been made behind the scenes that are not visible. Our people and engineers were assassinated, and brilliant initiatives were blocked for one reason or another. The Atlanticist gladio, which had penetrated the institutions of the country, was weaving shells around the Ministry of Defence that would hinder indigenization activities. The political will could not find a comfortable environment to tackle this issue, except for one or two government periods. In fact, under most governments, prime ministers did not even attend SSIK (Defense Industry Executive Committee) meetings, but when a decision to purchase a US or German system was to be signed, the prime minister would chair the committee.

However, with the 2004 SSIK decisions, the first major concrete step was taken on the basis of projects and specialization. This is the date when the butterfly emerged from its cocoon. However, the real struggle began after 2004. The activities of structures and organizations embedded in the bureaucracy did not stop. In the same period, there were both internal and external challenges. Starting with system engineering, Turkiye was forced to allocate project weights to vertical specialization, starting from system engineering, all the way down to material technologies and sub-micro components. Today, 98% of the projects and resources allocated by the SSB are not related to a final system, not a submarine or a jet, but to the subsystems and production technologies involved in these final systems.

The fact that the story is so complicated and challenging has made it imperative for the Turkish defense industry to be built on solid foundations. And the people we have lost in this process, the impossibilities we have experienced, and the prices we have paid have been a seal in blood that will ensure that this path will never be reversed.

The current developments that you are following today in the PDF forum, or in any other environment where there is not enough information about TDI, are the outcomes of some projects whose foundations were laid more than 10 years ago. So the perceptions are at best 10 years back of the industry's todays. This progress is growing in a logarithmic pattern. The projects being worked on today will fundamentally change the geopolitical balance 10 years from now.

It is flattered by the good thoughts in your message,, but I find comparisons and mappings with this country or that country extremely unnecessary. This is not something we are interested in. We are interested in our own affairs and we are looking at our own horizon. What happens beyond this is God's will.

Likewise, we are not setting an example for this or that country. It is unnecessary to compare each country's internal dynamics and the difficulty of its struggle with the other. What matters is the extent to which our countries, or more fundamentally, we as individuals, are able to meet these challenges. We as individuals are not an authority of appreciation, we are the ones who should dedicate our lives to this path. We have to look at the horizon of the country and work for it, without drowning in the maelstrom of daily political developments. It is neither patriotic nor Muslim to fall into despair and lazily watch the world go by, no matter what situation we are in. If we say we are Muslims, we have to pay for it.

One day I would like to tell you the story of Baykar, Aselsan or TAI. There are so many betrayals and counter moves in the past of these companies that you would not believe how these organizations have become what they are today.

This road is not without thorns. It is a road for those who are ready to pay the price. Dozens of Pakistani brothers and sisters are here, their hearts beating for their country. I ask them, if you will not pay this price, who do you expect to pay it?

Last edited:
I've been wondering what TFX looks like for a long time. Some of them produced images by computer-processing photos rationed by the SSB.

I chose the classical way. I took the pen. I reviewed the limited number of photos published by the SSB. I tried to make a 3D drawing of TFX, taking into account the joint surfaces on the fuselage. It was an amateurish drawing. The result looks like the following.

I've been wondering what TFX looks like for a long time. Some of them produced images by computer-processing photos rationed by the SSB.

I chose the classical way. I took the pen. I reviewed the limited number of photos published by the SSB. I tried to make a 3D drawing of TFX, taking into account the joint surfaces on the fuselage. It was an amateurish drawing. The result looks like the following.

You've gotten a lot of things pretty correct. I am talking about things that are different in the mockup and the prototype. Good eye.

brilliant initiatives were blocked for one reason or another. The Atlanticist gladio, which had penetrated the institutions of the country, was weaving shells around the Ministry of Defence that would hinder indigenization activities. The political will could not find a comfortable environment to tackle this issue, except for one or two government periods. In fact, under most governments, prime ministers did not even attend SSIK (Defense Industry Executive Committee) meetings, but when a decision to purchase a US or German system was to be signed, the prime minister would chair the committee.
Excellent point. This type of cancer stills exist in Pakistan.

Fnzmq_TaQAMN9rF

@Deino @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @JamD

Ibrahim Sünnetçi mentions on his twitter account that the engine start tests took place and that this photo was taken during those tests. Step by step to maiden flight.

I have to say that is a beautiful drawing, brother.

Back
Top Bottom