What's new

Thanks to him even IMF approval may not be enough to spare us further harm. !!

The so-called independent English daily has finally 🙌 realized the demolition done by the Demolition Squad.

Dawn talking about Dar and Dar's patrons.

Like Every other section of Media, Dawn too was fiercely opposed to KHAN

"Thanks to him, we have reached a point where even IMF approval may not be enough to spare us further harm. Lasting damage has been done not only to the economy but also to the national psyche."

The Dawn actually summed up Dar inept policies in 2017. He should have stayed in UK or put in Prison.

Dawn editors are being a bunch of hypocrites. They are the ones who cheerled the return of PDM in he first place.

Fahad Husain became the advisor to PM.

What can 1.1 billion dollars do, its just postponing the inevitable. If pakistan is really serious about avoiding default, they should start by pegging/selling their 64 tonnes of Gold in their reserves.
Even that won't do enough. They need to make a policy where nobody is having absolute power, then only this country can survive, else it will be back to square one with no gold reserves this time.

Ps - posting here after 9 yrs i believe.

It is high time the people of Pakistan should join the street protest and demanded an answer to restoring democracy in Pakistan...In spite of so much bad news coming out about your economic situation, how come you have business a usual kind of situation among people?

in case you didn't notice .. Khan was doing that.. till they shot at him

What can 1.1 billion dollars do, its just postponing the inevitable. If pakistan is really serious about avoiding default, they should start by pegging/selling their 64 tonnes of Gold in their reserves.
64 tons of gold may fetch about $3.5 billion. Spent frugally, that may push the day of reconning by 4 months. Then what? Pakistan's problems can't be solved with a mountain of gold. It is too big to survive on handouts. This is a crisis that is condemned to tread in the footsteps of USSR.

What good can IMF do when Pakistan drives up to their gas station for the 23rd time and requests another free fill-up for their economy in this, only to go and drive around the same roundabout till it runs out again, instead of taking the damn heap to a workshop:

View attachment 918871

(To the mods: Please consider the above as a serious post, since that is my intention here. Seriously.)
OK, I will bite. What is that picture?

Last edited:
Technical default has happened.
Just look the PKR vs Dollar rate.
LCs not opened.

Not as long as imports are rolling in.

That is actually because of lose controls over smuggling and uncertainty over imf and other loan inflows.

LCs not opening of non essential items is gud (but that is not happening) but LCs of essential items is hurting exports. The logic of daronomics is to save dollar here and take time for fubar.

IMF can just stop giving loans but that’s not how loan sharks operate, do they?

IMF is bound by its charter to help its member states when asked. It cannot deny help to any member state.

But they continue to give these loans because the goal is enslavement of the nation.

The goal is to help a member state get its finances in order according to basic and sound financial principles. That is all.

IK is the only beacon of light that can brought Pakistan out of the abyss. Overseas Pakistanis only trust IK.

I can see that your personal opinion of IK is indeed high, and I can respect your right to hold such views.

Political Stability, 50% reduction in corruption and 50% improvement in governance will bring the country out of malaise in 5 years and to 10% annual growth.

Sounds like excellent progress. I am sure this can be achieved step by step: elections first, let us see what numbers the winner gets, and then what actual policies are put in place to achieve such attractive predictions.

OK, I will bite. What is that picture?

It is part of a rusty pickup truck eaten away by years of rusting and lack of maintenance, held together by string, as an analogy of the Pakistani economy. Once can imagine what the condition of the rest of the components would be just from what is hard to hide on the surface.

IMF is bound by its charter to help its member states when asked. It cannot deny help to any member state.

I would believe you if the conditions of agreement were not kept secret but they are always hidden from public.

Why the lack of transparency?

I would believe you if the conditions of agreement were not kept secret but they are always hidden from public.

Why the lack of transparency?

You really should read IMF documents, starting from its Charter, to its policies, as well as the agreements with countries over the years. They are all open:

You really should read IMF documents, starting from its Charter, to its policies, as well as the agreements with countries over the years. They are all open:

They aren’t the real agreements though. Just general blah blah

Do you know the details of 2019 agreement? Or the one before that?

The only time we only learn about some of it is when some opposition party tells us how bad the conditions were agreed to.

They aren’t the real agreements though. Just general blah blah

Do you know the details of 2019 agreement? Or the one before that?

The only time we only learn about some of it is when some opposition party tells us how bad the conditions were agreed to.

Such agreements can held only for a time only by the member state's request. At least read the IMF Charter and its policies to get started.

(Ever wonder how the opposition gets to know what is in the agreements? :D )

Such agreements can held only for a time only by the member state's request. At least read the IMF Charter and its policies to get started.

(Ever wonder how the opposition gets to know what is in the agreements? :D )

Because they have been involved in same process before and have access to more knowledge than an average joe.

For example many of the low level Islamist parties are clueless about the agreement specifics but PMLN/PTI know full well everything. Because they’ve not even smelled the corridors of power lol

I don’t know why you think everything is so black and white with this. Or that IMF is some charitable organisation

I don't think IMF is giving the loan. The PDM will deliberately default so as to avoid elections.
The us state department signaled to Pakistan, that elections should not be delayed beyond October 2023, or else they fear the rise of Anti-Americanism.

PDM isn’t thinking long term though, but the message wasn’t conveyed to them, but to the powers that be.

Back
Top Bottom