What's new

The Balochistan issue

and that is what i suggest for Taliban issue remove there agenda and then kill them so when you wipe those sons of swine from this world they don't die as "SHAHEED or heros" kuttoun koo kutte kii maut hi maaro....

bharamdad might not be a hero yet...but killing him will surely make him one....because one of his children will stand up and say things like my father,my grand father and i dunno father of my mothers children(ZARDARI lines) was killed pakistan naa khappee blah blah blah....

i can't remember but one of the memberso n this forum has a status saying MORONS might have died but we are suffering there offsprings" or something...don't make bharamdad the hero even for one guy who might again start a new war and carry BLA forward....isolate bharamdad's agenda and then kill him so he dies without any supporters and dies a dog's death

i can't remember but one of the memberso n this forum has a status saying MORONS might have died but we are suffering there offsprings" or something...don't make bharamdad the hero even for one guy who might again start a new war and carry BLA forward....isolate bharamdad's agenda and then kill him so he dies without any supporters and dies a dog's death

Its Araz sb signature.

my friend i guess if karachi people post abill for Jinnahpur,NWFP for PAKTHONISTAN, the SARAKIS for a SARAKIstan you will pass those resolutions as well...if so then i am wasting my time arguing with you about PAKISTAN.

My friend I would like to see a united Pakistan not a forced together Pakistan not one where people hate the country and constantly want freedom so hence if it is the will of the people I don't want Pakistan forced down their throats I want them to love it respect it and feel it as a part of them.

you are tired of shias not marrying sunnis...my friend this is a religious values issue....what religion will their kids be...and besides being a PAKISTANI has nothing to do with religion..even our QUAID said that a muslim will seize to be a muslim,a hindu will seize to be a hindu everyone will work for state....so i mean why bring in religion. and you are telling me PRACTISING ROMAN CATHOLICS MARRY..ORTHDOX??? i mean seriously do practising hindus marry jains...do practising JEWS marry christians...?? and the word PRACTISING IS IMPORTANT HERE...unless youwant us to give up our religion.....

I would only talk about Islam at the moment because I think Islam is one religion not 72 so yes I feel that distances can be reduced when we don't break up or disintegrate however as I said earlier we are ungreatfull and seem to enjoy dividing amongst ourselves.

you are tired of seeing punjabis mixing with punjabis...what do u want them to do...they get along....do the SCOTS move out of scotland and move into WALES???

Actually they do weather is good down south and so are the beaches.

who said in QUETTA YOU HVE TO WEAR KAMEEZ SHALWAR HAVE YOU BEEN THERE??? do u know they have CO EDUCATION there in schools and colleges??? and WHO SAID KAMMEZ SHALWAR IS A "MUSLIM DRESS"...there is no such thing as a muslim symbloic dress.

Actually I was their and that is an incedent I was reflecting on, I was talking about the streets of Quetta and their reaction to seeing someone in western dresses I was reflecting on what my relatives told me to do not on what I believed.

IFYUOR CHILDREN don't know PAKISTANI songs and KNOW INDIAN....my friend IT IS YOUR MISTAKE and solely yours....if you have been to karachi have you seen at DOLMAN,GULF WAY etc where they sell clothes saying indian design hai...and people just buy it...it is there up bringing there own concpets that are flawed...

Well they are not my children so i can't be concerned I am simply reflecting on what the media brings to the table as well as the fact that the people are forgetting their own culture and I agree that the upbringing may be flawed but what can the parents do aainst the flood of Indian culture in Pakistan.

INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING ABOUT THE COUNTRY ASK YOURSELF WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR IT.....i think roosevlt said this to the AMERICANS....and i say it to you...

That I will keep to myself unless I become a politician so yes I have mentioned what I have done in earlier posts but I don't need to press upon it however you should join the Pakisan Youth Alliance it is a good group of people doing good stuff for Pakistan.

I feel that Pakistan needs to sort its media out and we need to reform ISPR so that we can promote our programs and our culture. We need to promote our country, as for racism mate read about our society we love to divide first into our country then province then city then area and then class and then religion.

While Everyone seems to be concerned with TALIBAN...i don't see anyone acknowledging the REAL THREAT TO PAKISTAN.....and the lack of talk on the issue makes me wonder are we again about to disown a PROVINCE of ours....a province that is the largest and is filled with vast amount of resources....are we looking towards the North West while South West of our country is nearly god forbid decalred independence from Pakistan....why is the government the citizens of Pakistan oblivious to such a big problem....why are Balcohis anti PAKISTANI now!

People of Pakistan are responsible for this mess! Musharraf sorted Bugti out and he was also going to sort out others as well but people of Pakistan and our not good for anything media thinks Bugti was a leader in Blochistan.

Well guess what, there are no leaders in Balochistan otherwise they would have won the 2007 elections!

These so called sardars take royalty from the oil companies and the GoP then spend it on their own families after that they tell Baloch people that GoP and Punjab is responsible for their problems.

Balach Marri and Bugti have their kids go to school in UK and US but they don't let a school to open in their tribal areas.

There is also this foreign element and the game plan is to create chaos to the point where they can say it is necessary to take Pakistan's nuclear capability.

@ BANE BLADE

My friend I would like to see a united Pakistan not a forced together Pakistan not one where people hate the country and constantly want freedom so hence if it is the will of the people I don't want Pakistan forced down their throats I want them to love it respect it and feel it as a part of them.

Well my friend i think it is better to listen to their demands then just give up on them and give them there freedom....ofcourse they have issues and these issues are because of our own making....so instead of giving them freedom why not adress there problems.

I would only talk about Islam at the moment because I think Islam is one religion not 72 so yes I feel that distances can be reduced when we don't break up or disintegrate however as I said earlier we are ungreatfull and seem to enjoy dividing amongst ourselves.

well if u remember during the days of SALAHUDDIN muslims had alot of religious diffrences abaasids,fatimids and so on and yet everyone stood united against a common enemy... i guess our division has been there religiously since the passing away of or prophet...i guess we just need to live with it and not look at our diffrent caste & religion...and i guess if we can get over that then we will become good muslims...and that is not happening anytime soon....because even the arabs have such issues so muslims uniting is not happening atleast in our lifetime....so we need to improvise....not complain

That I will keep to myself unless I become a politician so yes I have mentioned what I have done in earlier posts but I don't need to press upon it however you should join the Pakisan Youth Alliance it is a good group of people doing good stuff for Pakistan.

lol you will keep it to yourself i guess everyone Imran Khan,Nawaz Sharif everyone says give me a chance and then i will prove....well the problem is everyone becomes selfish....i say work for pakistan don't wait to get a post or a position....!!

People of Pakistan are responsible for this mess! Musharraf sorted Bugti out and he was also going to sort out others as well but people of Pakistan and our not good for anything media thinks Bugti was a leader in Blochistan.

Well guess what, there are no leaders in Balochistan otherwise they would have won the 2007 elections!

These so called sardars take royalty from the oil companies and the GoP then spend it on their own families after that they tell Baloch people that GoP and Punjab is responsible for their problems.

Balach Marri and Bugti have their kids go to school in UK and US but they don't let a school to open in their tribal areas.

There is also this foreign element and the game plan is to create chaos to the point where they can say it is necessary to take Pakistan's nuclear capability.

in 2007 election major political parties boycotted and the turn out was less than 30%. so it is not counted.

Musharraf was doing good agreed but he did it without taking people into confidence hence making bugtti a hero...and you can check videos of BUGTTI on youtube saying "SHAHEED" so yes he got an undeserved hero's death!!!!

as for there kids studying abroad well you know it i know it but people who follow them don't know much because they don't watch tv and are deprieved of things by these nawab's and these nawabs blame it all on PAKISTAN GOVERNMENT....

i know about the secret meetings that baloch nationalists hold in one of the arab countries....but i guess we just putting our head in sand and not realsing that ignorance will get us nowhere!!!! we have to adress the problems of BALOCHISTAN asap.....people say balochistan has nothing it is baron land well UAE,SAUDI,QATAR,BAHRAIN are deserts and look what they have made them into....all we need to do is develop balochistan even half of what these guys have done...give balochis rights in GAWADAR......

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Great or no great he was a leader of Pakistan and Pakistan is not the name of a powerfull gang they don't 'sort people out' they bring them to justice that is the one thing people don't seem to understand.

Thursday, April 30, 2009
Karachi violence echoes in House

By Mumtaz Alvi

ISLAMABAD: A nationalist legislator stunned the Senate on Wednesday when he revealed that the national anthem was no more in vogue in the Balochistan schools, following the killing of three Baloch leaders.

The National Party lawmaker, Mir Hasil Bizenjo, made this revelation while participating in the debate on the presidential address to the joint sitting of parliament’s two chambers on March 28. He called for the implementation of the recommendations made by the sub-committee, headed by Wasim Sajjad, and contested Interior Minister Rehman Malik’s claim that since the coalition government took over last year, no military operation was under way in Balochistan.

During the debate, which is to be wound up on Thursday, PML-N parliamentary leader Muhammad Ishaq Dar blamed Maulana Sufi Muhammad for the present disturbances vis-‡-vis the agreement signed between the NWFP government and the Taliban to which he was the mediator.

The Awami National Party lawmakers agitated over what they called the target killing of Pakhtoons in Karachi and elsewhere in the run up to May 12, the day in 2007 when over 40 political activists were gunned down across Karachi, majority of them Pakhtoons.

ANP’s Zahid Khan particularly mentioned the torching of a Pakhtoon, who was owner of a restaurant and wounding of his brother. He asked Minister of Interior Rehman Malik to inform the House about the probe into the unfortunate developments.

Abdur Rahim Mandokhail, another lawmaker, belonging to the Pakhtoonkhwa Milli Awami Party, and Abdul Nabi Bangash of the ANP wanted an assurance from the government that the Pakhtoons would be fully protected in Pakistan.

They made it clear that Karachi was a city that housed all the communities from different parts of Pakistan and no particular group had the right to stake claim on it. Bangash said that the tragic incidents could be a ploy to bar the ANP from observing a shutter down on May 12 in Karachi to mark the killing of Pakhtoons two years back.

MQM parliamentary leader Tahir Hussain Mashhadi expressed his anguish over the killings and said that he was in full agreement with other lawmakers that Karachi belonged to all the communities living there.

He dispelled the impression that any particular group had the privilege to take out rallies and said that recently, the PPP, the MQM and the Sunni Tehrik had taken out large rallies. During his speech, Bizenjo said that the recent murder of Baloch leaders had shaken the entire Balochistan.

The nationalist lawmaker alleged that the politicians were killed by those who could not be held accountable, referring to Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani’s statement on the floor of the Senate a few days back that those behind the gory act would be brought to book.

He said that lawmakers from Balochistan had asked former prime ministers Benazir Bhutto and Nawaz Sharif twice each to remove a security check-post from Uthal in Balochistan. “This shows the helplessness of elected prime ministers,” he said.

“The national anthem is no more sung in Balochistan schools and what we are doing here. The rulers will have to rise to the occasion before it is too late,” he cautioned. He took Rehman Malik to task for his recent statement that the government was considering to revive the Sardari system in Balochistan, saying it was rotten and obsolete and impracticable.

The lawmaker billed the Gwadar Port as one of the biggest frauds committed by ex-president Pervez Musharraf and former prime minister Shaukat Aziz, when pieces of land worth a few thousands of rupees were sold out for Rs 10-20 million and hence, overseas Pakistanis, stung by 9/11 events, were looted.

The Pakistan Steel Mills sale and the stock exchange crashes were other big frauds of the previous regime, he noted. The port was operational in such a manner that wheat was unloaded here and then transported to the Karachi Port, located some 600 km away. Citing an example as to how Balochistan was forced to live in 17th Century, he noted that not even a single head of around 60 government organisations and institutions was from his province.

PML-N’s Ishaq Dar noted that the president should have thrown light on the one-year performance of the PPP-led government and given a new direction to it. He wanted the government to adopt austerity in the given economic situation in Pakistan.

On the Swat agreement, he said that Sufi Muhammad had promised that the Taliban would be disarmed after the accord, but this was not done and some other violations were committed. “Today, they are facing the music for these violations.”

He said that on seeing a big gathering in Swat, Sufi Muhammad had given a political colour to the entire exercise and described parliament and judiciary as un-Islamic. He contended that President Zardari should not have gone to the Friends of Pakistan (FoP) and said he saw no difference between the FoP and consortium.

Dar blamed ex-president Ayub Khan for selling three Pakistani rivers to India. He called him a military dictator and sought trial of all those who had hurt Pakistan’s national interests one way or the other.

He believed the biggest issue between Pakistan and India in the time to come would their row on water share, as India had already been building dams on the rivers that belonged to Pakistan.

He called for bringing the Baloch nationalists to the mainstream and wished the MQM leader Altaf Hussain would have been in Pakistan in these testing times. The House will now reconvene on Thursday at 11:00 am to wind up the debate on the presidential address.

Balochistan schools abandon national anthem, Senate told

Great or no great he was a leader of Pakistan and Pakistan is not the name of a powerfull gang they don't 'sort people out' they bring them to justice that is the one thing people don't seem to understand.

PA and GoP can't just stand by and watch while the writ of Govt. is challenged.

Bugti had all the options to surrender but he instead went to the mountains ... Bugti didn't wanted to take his case to any court ...

It has been approx 3 yrs but no case has been launched by Bugti's family ... why not?

in 2007 election major political parties boycotted and the turn out was less than 30%. so it is not counted.

Sorry but democracy doesn't work this way ... you get an opp to viote and if you decide not to use your God given right then too sad too bad ...

People could have voted for someone else. This is not an excuse ... BTW 2007 elections are considered the most transparent elections of all times.

Musharraf was doing good agreed but he did it without taking people into confidence hence making bugtti a hero...and you can check videos of BUGTTI on youtube saying "SHAHEED" so yes he got an undeserved hero's death!!!!.

If AH dies of kidney failure then his followers will find a way to call him a shaheed as well ... People in Pakistan will find a way to call their leaders shaheed one way or the other ...

all we need to do is develop balochistan even half of what these guys have done...give balochis rights in GAWADAR.

There can't be two opinions about this and this is why I respect Musharraf because he gave partnership to China in SANDAK, he developed infrastructure, he made roads and brought in BARAK Gold!

Balochis have rights in Gawadar and as long as they stick to their sardari system there will be no rights for them.

I am not sure if you know this or not but, so called Baloch leaders don't want non-Balochis to live in Gawadar. If there is requirement for work force then people from rest of the Pakistan can come and work on temporary basis but they will not have any right to vote.

I am a Pakistani and this is my land, all of it. I don't need anyone's permission to live in any city of my motherland!

WHAT ABOUT MY RIGHTS BRO??

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Complete strike observed in Balochistan
By: Bari Baloch | Published: April 27, 2009
Complete strike observed in Balochistan | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

QUETTA - A shutter-down and wheel-jam strike was observed on Sunday in provincial capital and other towns of Balochistan where angry protestors burnt tyres, chanted slogans and blocked the traffic at different national highways. The strike call was given by Baloch National Front as part of continuing protest against the killing of three Baloch leaders. The strike call was also supported by other Baloch nationalist parties. Shops, business and trade centres in all main parts of Quetta including Jinnah Road, Abdul Sattar Road, Shara-e-Iqbal, Brewery Road , Sariab Road, Joint Road and in other areas remained closed. Despite wheel-jam strike light traffic witnessed in different areas plying on the roads.
Infuriated mobs attempted to block roads at different areas in Quetta, set a vehicle on fire at Brewery Road and pelted stones on vehicles due to which glasses of several vehicles smashed. While some protestors also forced shopkeepers to shun their business activities. Strict security arrangements were made to avert any untoward incident as police backed by other law enforcement agencies patrolled in the city to ensure peace during the strike.
Shutter-down and wheel-jam strike was also observed in other towns of Balochistan including Nushki, Mastung, Kalat, Kharan, Hub, Turbat, Panjgour, Mand, Gwadar and Machh where people and business community gave positive response to the strike call and brought all activities on standstill. Complete shutter-down and wheel-jam was observed in the industrial town of Balochistan in Hub and life was also paralyzed in Vindar, Uthal and Bela. Enraged people blocked the traffic by erecting barriers on road connecting Karachi with Balochistan, while a long queue of stuck vehicles accumulated at national highway that caused great inconvenience for the commuters.
Protesters also blocked Quetta- Karachi, Quetta- Tuftan and Quetta- Sibi highways by placing stones and barricades at different areas and took out protest rallies. However, no untoward incident has been reported from any part of the province. Spokesman of Baloch National Front, Sadiq Raisani termed the strike successful. He alleged that state agencies were involved in killing of three Baloch leaders.

@IceCold:I strongly disagree. Brahamdagh hasn't reached that status of popularity where people would turn him into a hero, he will hardly matter once taken out in Afghanistan but the situation will dynamically change.
Remember if we had taken out Sheikh Mujibur Rahman instead of putting him to jail, we might have succeeded in saving BD.

I agree. The entire Baloch secession movement is based on nationalist sentiments and not on the politics of personalities. Brahmdagh is not popular because of his actions or the fact that he is in self-exile... in fact Akbar Bugti was forced to choose him over his brother Alay, because the latter did not have much leadership skills.
As for Bangladesh, it was bound to happen. If it hadn't been Mujeeb, it would have been someone else. We were unfair to East Pakistan and there's no harm in accepting that. No matter how charismatic Z.A. Bhutto was as a leader, it was his greed to have more power that led to the 1971 fiasco.

@ Zob: Well what is the problem Bugttis and Balochis are having....that you killed our leader and we didnot get justice on why u killed him...and they are expoliting it and building anti pakistan hatred....

The Baloch are unhappy with the treatment meted out to them, and have been expressing their resentment over the same even before Bugti's death. I think you need to read an uncensored (and unbiased) version of Baloch history.

And what Musharraf did in Balochistan on August 26 or in Lal Masjid in July 2007 — both are instances of state aggression. There is no justification. Musharraf should be tried. For me he was never a leader.

Balochistan on the brink

Thursday, April 30, 2009
Kamila Hyat

The writer is a freelance columnist and former newspaper editor

Far away from Quetta, or Khuzdar or Naushki, it is often impossible to gauge the sentiments and feelings that swirl with the dusts of Balochistan.

But it is obvious that the ill-judged comments of the adviser on interior, Rehman Malik, while winding up a debate in the Senate on Balochistan, have created a storm that makes the sands fly still more fiercely. The remarks have, of course, added to the tensions that spur on the nationalist struggle in Balochistan, and made many people within the country's largest province still more determined to break away from what they see as the oppressive hold of Pakistan.

Mr Malik could not have done a greater service to the nationalist cause had he been hired by one of the groups that has waged a struggle for autonomy in the province for decades.

Let us assume, just for a few hypothetical moments, that what Mr Malik alleged was strictly accurate: that the struggle in Balochistan is supported by India and Afghanistan and even by Russia – although there is reason to believe Russian involvement on a large scale ended by the 1990s, although till then nationalist forces had links with the former Soviets. The fact is that these nations have taken advantage of the strife that exists within the province and used it to serve their own ends. This after all is a tactic that should not be entirely unfamiliar to Pakistan; and since it has direct experience of such involvement it should also realize that the most effective way to tackle it is to address the factors that create internal dissent.

In Balochistan, these have been identified time and time again. They revolve around perceptions of grotesque injustice perpetuated by a Punjab-dominated federation. Whether or not their belief is accurate, the people of Balochistan believe their resources have been used to benefit other provinces – notably Punjab – rather than the people of Balochistan. One website after another run by Baloch nationalist groups – accessible only through proxy servers because of the ill-advised blockage of these sites by PTCL – speaks of people cooking on wood fires in Baloch villages while pipelines take gas out of the province to other places. The underdevelopment of Balochistan and the fact that figures that depict the state of education, health and welfare within it are significantly worse than anywhere else in the country lends credence to these concerns.

What is ignored in official comments attacking the, rather immature statements made by Brahamdagh Bugti, is that Baloch nationalism is not restricted to a few hired 'agents'. It exists everywhere in the province – amongst housewives, schoolgirls and professionals with no direct link to any nationalist group. Children are brought up by mothers on stories on nationalist heroes. And in the unusual social context of Balochistan, nationalism is tied in with the Sardars – who otherwise are sometimes responsible for unchecked oppression and cruelty to their own people.

The principal point here is that the prime focus of Islamabad should be to draw Balochistan back into the mainstream of the country, before it is too late to do so. This would serve 'security' interests far more effectively than diatribes which attack leaders seen by many a Baloch as heroes. The murder of three of them earlier this month only adds to their status as martyrs. It also seems odd that the government seems to be pulling in different directions on the issue of Balochistan.

President Zardari has made what we can assume to be a genuine attempt to initiate a reconciliation process. Others appear to be just as determined to wreck it. Questioning Baloch accounts of thousands being missing or women being tortured in detention centres at this point are blatantly unwise. The statements only add to the mistrust and hatred for central authority in Balochistan.

There is another reason too why it is unwise to totally alienate the people of Balochistan at this point. The fact is that today, the main enemy of Pakistan are the militants who threaten to Talibanize the whole of the country. Most citizens oppose them, wholeheartedly and with passion. Perhaps a few of the most blind believe they can bring positive change, The Baloch groups still include many who have no sympathies with religion in the form it is put forward by the Taliban. Forces such as the Baloch Students Organization (BSO) still speak of secularism and a just social order. For these reasons, these forces must not be crushed. Doing so would only open up more space for the militants to move into. This is indeed what happened when former president Musharraf tried to push aside mainstream parties. By doing so he succeeded in strengthening the Taliban. The same mistakes must not be repeated, particularly at a time when the militants are reported already to have their eyes on Quetta. This territory must not be left to them.

Are there then any solutions to the issues we face in Balochistan? Baloch leaders, in the last few weeks since the murder of three nationalist figures in Turbat have made it clearer than ever that they seek autonomy; some suggest the parameters of this must go beyond what has been laid out in the 1973 Constitution. Sadly, some manifestations of nationalism in Balochistan have taken the form of violence against people from other provinces. Such racism is unacceptable. It has had a tragic impact on families. But perhaps it is also inevitable given the situation that has been created in Balochistan largely as a result of the ill-advised policies pursued since the 1950s. Today, we must focus on ways to undo the effects of these and to persuade Balochistan that it may still be worth-staying within the federation. Whether accurately or not, nationalist groups argue that with a sparse population of just over ten million people, abundant natural resources that could include oil and a coastline, an entirely independent future is possible.

They must be persuaded to change their minds. For this to happen, the centre – and other provinces – must demonstrate a wisdom and maturity that has so far been lacking. There is a need for magnanimity rather than hostility. The primary focus must be to win back the trust of the Baloch people by addressing their concerns and drawing them back into the process of determining their own destiny. Attacks such as those we have seen recently will only add to the disgruntlement and growing distance that already exists between Balochistan and the rest of the country, making it even more arduous to achieve the task of persuading Balochistan to re-enter the federation of Pakistan as a willing unit ready to play a full part in a united future.

Balochistan on the brink

i completely agree that BALOCHISTAN has been neglected....the question is why doesn't our GOVERNMENT SEE IT....

@ ICE COLD

the problem is when someone doesn't accept pakistan in the first place and there party doesn't take part in "DEMOCRATIC" elctions of YOUR country...how can you say sorry you could have voted for your leader they don't take anyone to be there leader they don't agree in voting for anyone who is supporting government of PAKISTAN...the problem is with BALOCHISTAN seeing the rise of UAE,SUADI,OMAN,QATAR,KUWAIT...which are more or less similar geographically....BALOCHISTAN thinks it doesn't need the FEDEARATION and aspires to be one of these countries.....

Back
Top Bottom