What's new

The Battle for Orakzai & Khyber Agencies

Operations in Kurram have become more significant since militants are reported to be moving through lower Kurram - which links Orakzai to North Waziristan - creating problems for the Ops.

Upper part is very much secure as Tal-Sada-Parachinar road is now operating.

I remember a three month stay in Parachinar when my father was posted there back in 1991. Beautiful place.

the people at Geo or any of our new agencies couldn't tell an F15 from a Suzuki Bolan

As a journalist, i am truly offended at this generalization.

oooooohhh maaf karo ji :D

glad u enjoyed Parachinar....let me know next time you come, i'll take u hunting and show u good scenery. I hope one day we would have more tourism in the areas

oooooohhh maaf karo ji :D

Accepted !:toast_sign:

glad u enjoyed Parachinar....let me know next time you come, i'll take u hunting and show u good scenery.

It was a short but memorable stay. I learnt riding and squash in those 3 months.

I hope one day we would have more tourism in the areas

I personally think there is great potential in all of FATA four tourism. But obviously peace is the first requisite if there is to be progress in this sector. Once we get that, i think proper infrastructure, promotion and investment can turn these area sinto great tourist spots !

Wish our beloved Army had shown the same fighting spirit and enthusiasm in the battles for Chamb and Akhnur; and later in Kargil.

"Battle for Orakzai" is being wrongly elevated to the revered status of Battles for Chawinda, Khem Karan, and Rajhistan of yester years.

These are not "battles" by any stretch of imagination; these are US paid atrocities to alleviate the pressure on the Crusader forces in Afghanistan commonly known as ISAF. These battles are the most shameful chapter in Pakistan's history.

Accepted !:toast_sign:

Are you independent or do you work for a specific agency

It was a short but memorable stay. I learnt riding and squash in those 3 months.

Yes we love squash and horse riding…..life is simple up there….air is fresh…. that’s why people have long lives there. Love the outdoors.

I personally think there is great potential in all of FATA four tourism. But obviously peace is the first requisite if there is to be progress in this sector. Once we get that, i think proper infrastructure, promotion and investment can turn these area sinto great tourist spots !

Inshallah. Peace and security are obviously at the forefront of given parameters. Kurram valley is breath-taking, especially in spring when the snows melt. Actually every agency has its selling points, you just have to dig deep and explore :police:

KALAYA: At least 25 militants were killed and 25 others got injured as a result of jet fighters raids in Mamozai region of upper Orakzai agency. - AFP

15 terrorists killed in Orakzai operation
Tariq Saeed

Peshawar—As the PAF war birds resumed strikes on the militants hideouts in parts of Orakzai Agency Thursday wee hours, at least 15 alleged militants were reported killed and two dozens others injured seriously. The locals said the death toll was higher. On the other hand a road side bomb explosion near FC convoy in Bara Khyber Agency Thursday morning resulted in serious wounds to at least two men in uniform.

Reports reaching here said the security forces backed by the Pakistan Air force targeted militants positions in different areas in Lower Orakzai agency and inflicted heavy losses on the trouble makers besides destroying half a dozen dens of the militants.

Sources said the PAF jet fighters and the gunship helicopters heavily pounded the miscreants hideouts in Samaa, Mamozai, Mullah Badai , Khadezai and Debori areas in Lower Orakzai Agency on Thursday early morning and mowed down at least 15 alleged militants while over twenty others , received serious injuries in the incessant bombings. It was also reported that some six hideouts of the alleged terrorists were also destroyed completely during the bombardment.

The locals said the number of those killed as a result of Thursday’s reckless bombings was well over twenty and scores others including civilians received wounds.

According to rough estimate during the Orakzai operation spanning over more than three and a half months, 1400 people with a big majority as militants, have been killed and nearly 200 hideouts and training centers of the militants destroyed in ground and air offensives.

15 terrorists killed in Orakzai operation

Some videos from the recent media trip to Kurram.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fifteen militants killed in Orakzai

PESHAWAR: Fifteen militants were killed when jet fighters attacked their hideouts in the Orakzai tribal region on Saturday, DawnNews reported.

The hideouts were targeted in upper Orakzai's Akhundkot, Terikhedzai and Mamoonzai areas.

Ten insurgents were injured in the action and six militant hideouts were destroyed. — DawnNews

100 Taliban killed in Orakzai clash
By Abdul Saboor Khan

HANGU: At least 100 Taliban were killed in a clash with security forces in Orakzai Agency on Tuesday, official sources said.

Political administration confirmed to told Daily Times that 100 Taliban were killed as well as one soldier was injured in the clash in Dabori area of Upper Orakzai Agency. Officials said the security forces pounded Taliban hideouts, adding that dozens of Taliban were also injured in the attack.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

16 killed as convoy attacked by militants in Kurram Agency

PESHAWAR, July 17 (APP): About 16 persons were killed due to an armed attack by militants on a convoy of passenger vans carrying people to Peshawar from Kurram Agency on Saturday.

According to Political Authorities, the incident occurred at Charkhel area in Lower Kurram when some militants armed with rocket launchers and other lethal weapons opened indiscriminate fire on the convoy.

As a result of the attack, five persons died on the spot and 11 succumbed to their injures at Kotal Hospital.

Doctors have declared condition of five injured as precarious who are under emergency treatment. The dead and injured are the residents of Parachinar and they were heading towards Peshawar.

Expressing strong condemnation of the incident, MNA, Sajid Hussain Tori has termed the incident as open terrorism and demanded of the government to take appropriate measures for providing security to people on roads.

Wish our beloved Army had shown the same fighting spirit and enthusiasm in the battles for Chamb and Akhnur; and later in Kargil.

"Battle for Orakzai" is being wrongly elevated to the revered status of Battles for Chawinda, Khem Karan, and Rajhistan of yester years.

These are not "battles" by any stretch of imagination; these are US paid atrocities to alleviate the pressure on the Crusader forces in Afghanistan commonly known as ISAF. These battles are the most shameful chapter in Pakistan's history.

I have read your numerous replies which are cynical ,myopic and always focuse on one side of the picture.

What do you think of Taliban who are killing innocents and are bombing mosques and crowded places. They dont believe in the plurality in Islam. Islam has always been divided between sects since its inception. They want to enforce their brand of religion.. or lets sect. You may subscribe to it, but me or most of us here dont. But you are free to follow what you feel is right and we can do the same but they believe in enforcing their brand of religion.
A simple example is execution of Shia's in Kurram. if you believe killing these killers wasnt the right thing than i seriously think you need to come out of our single minded- unidirectional mentality.

Blaming all our **** on US is the easiest and the shortest of the solutions or rather excuses, which for one reason or the other you always opt to choose.

25 Militants Killed In Orakzai

Pakistan Air Force (PAF) fighter jets pounded Sunday terrorist hideouts in the volatile Orakzai tribal region in northwest part of the country, bordering Afghanistan, killing 25 suspected Taliban militants, said security officials.

The jets targeted Taliban hideouts at Dabori, Maula Patti and Ali Khel areas of the Orakzai Agency twice. Over 20 rebels were injured and five hideouts destroyed, officials said.

The airstrikes came a day after 18 militants were killed in similar attacks in the region. Sunday's targeted positions were Arghunjo, Noor Sam Kalay, Soti, Mandati Kalay and Jandary, in which 18 rebels were killed and 12 others injured.

Seven hideouts were destroyed.

Pakistan military claims to have killed over 1,000 militants during air and ground attacks since it commenced operations against the Taliban in the Orakzai tribal agency.

Pakistan clash kills three soldiers, 33 Taliban: officials

PESHAWAR, Pakistan — Taliban militants killed three Pakistani soldiers on Wednesday in an ambush on a military convoy, sparking a gunbattle which left 33 insurgents dead, security officials said.

The clash took place Orakzai district, part of the semi-autonomous tribal belt in northwest Pakistan where the military has been waging an anti-Taliban offensive since late March.

"Around 50 Taliban fighters attacked a convoy to block the movement of troops in the area," a security official told AFP on condition of anonymity.

Three soldiers were killed in the Taliban attack, he said, adding that troops retaliated and killed 33 militants.

"We have recovered 17 bodies from the site of the encounter," another official said.

A spokesman for the paramilitary Frontier Corps confirmed the clash but gave no details, beyond saying that troops had "occupied important heights" near the towns of Ghiljo and Sambagha "after encountering stiff resistance".

Independent confirmation of the casualty figures was not possible because the area is a closed military zone inaccessible to aid workers and journalists.

Pakistani forces opened a new front in Orakzai late March in an attempt to flush out Taliban who escaped a major assault last year on South Waziristan, a headquarters for the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) leadership.

The TTP is a major force behind a bombing campaign that has killed more than 3,500 people across Pakistan in three years. The group attracted global attention when it was blamed by the US for a failed bomb plot in New York on May 1.

Washington says Pakistan's tribal belt, which lies outside direct government control, is an Al-Qaeda headquarters and a stronghold of militants plotting attacks on US-led troops fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Pakistan last month declared an end to major combat operations in the region. A military spokesman in Peshawar later said lower Orakzai was under government control, while troops were engaged in the more volatile central and upper Orakzai areas.

Back
Top Bottom