What's new

The Best Tank in the World

T-Rex

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
According to the western military experts the German Leopard, the British Challenger and the US M1 Abrams are the best tanks. These are nothing but western propaganda to sell their tanks. Russians have some of the best tanks in the world. Check this out:

Modern Russian Tanks. Best Tanks In 2007. - Video

According to the western military experts the German Leopard, the British Challenger and the US M1 Abrams are the best tanks. These are nothing but western propaganda to sell their tanks. Russians have some of the best tanks in the world. Check this out:

Modern Russian Tanks. Best Tanks In 2007. - Video

I still think the German Leopard will win hands down.

Regards

I diagree.

Russian combat doctrine requires them to outnumber the enemy so their tanks were mass produced quickly and cheaply with the simple goal to overun the enemy in sheer numbers.

Western tanks were built to withstand such an assault through superior firepower and surviability.

checkloslavakia has pretty good tanks that even the germans bought and copied

checkloslavakia has pretty good tanks that even the germans bought and copied

That was in world war 2 in the present the situation is the reverse with the German Leopard 2 being the superior tank.

What about Al Khalid
Ilove it!!! It had to come out. Alibaz my friend Alkhalid is a good tank that still has a long way to go before it turns into a world beater. i agree with JK that Leopard 2 is probablyone of the best tanks in the world. I gather the report on the challanger was not all that good especially from its deployment in Iraq. Mainly problems with overheating and communications.
What do you guyds think about Markevas
WaSalam
Araz

What about Abrams? They are far superior in technology then any other tank including the Leopard. The only disadvantage is its fuel hungry turbine engines. Infact on discovery there is a programe about best tanks built ever including from world war era and Abrams were on 3rd or fourth position where as leopard was way down.

What about Abrams? They are far superior in technology then any other tank including the Leopard. The only disadvantage is its fuel hungry turbine engines. Infact on discovery there is a programe about best tanks built ever including from world war era and Abrams were on 3rd or fourth position where as leopard was way down.

useless against challenger 2

Ilove it!!! It had to come out. Alibaz my friend Alkhalid is a good tank that still has a long way to go before it turns into a world beater. i agree with JK that Leopard 2 is probablyone of the best tanks in the world. I gather the report on the challanger was not all that good especially from its deployment in Iraq. Mainly problems with overheating and communications.
What do you guyds think about Markevas
WaSalam
Araz

The Merkava is tailored to the fighting doctrine of the Israelis and is an excellent system for its theatre of war.

Its emphasis is protection making it one of the best protected tanks in the world. Firepower is also quite potent with a 120mm gun and a 60mm mortar for operations in built up areas.

What it lacks is mobility seen in Nato tanks which were designed to fight on the plains of Europe.

Frankly, l feel that there is no such thing as "the best tank in the world." It is nott like a wrestling match; a T-90 will go one-on-one with an M1A2. It all depends on the users' doctrine.

There is no universal best tank. Tanks are built to fight in specific terrains. In WW2 German Tigers and Panthers often broke down or got bogged down in Russian mud whereas the inferior (in terms of protection and firepower) t-34s kicked Nazi @ss. Similarly if a Merkava, M1A2, Challenger II or Leopard II comes to the subcontinent, it can get bogged down in the Thar desert and become useless.

Different tanks are built to fight in different terrains. What might be an invincible war machine in one terrain might be an overweight buffalo in another terrain.

Based on crew performance from the annual Nato tank competition the best tanks are Leopard IIs crewed by Dutch soldiers

There is no universal best tank. Tanks are built to fight in specific terrains. In WW2 German Tigers and Panthers often broke down or got bogged down in Russian mud whereas the inferior (in terms of protection and firepower) t-34s kicked Nazi @ss. Similarly if a Merkava, M1A2, Challenger II or Leopard II comes to the subcontinent, it can get bogged down in the Thar desert and become useless.

Different tanks are built to fight in different terrains. What might be an invincible war machine in one terrain might be an overweight buffalo in another terrain.
The M1A1/M1A2 ABRAMS MBTs have proven themselves in several kinds of terrain including deserts, plains and even in urban regions. Such level of success should not be taken lightly.

In that show, the M1 ABRAMS was ranked as 2nd best MBT and the Leopard II was ranked as the best.

Here is the list:

01) Leopard II
02) M1 ABRAMS
03) T-34
04) Merkava MK3
05) Centurion
06) S Tank
07) T-72
08) Panther
09) Sheridan Tank M551
10) M4 Sherman

Last edited: