What's new

The Best Tank in the World

The M1A1/M1A2 ABRAMS MBTs have proven themselves in several kinds of terrain including deserts, plains and even in urban regions. Such level of success should not be taken lightly.

Have u ever wondered why we dont use heavy tanks in the subcontinent? the reason is loose sands of Thar desert, where all major india-pak tank wars have taken place. heavy tanks will be bogged down there. so in the Thar, M1A2 is just a turkey.

In that show, the M1 ABRAMS was ranked as 2nd best MBT and the Leopard II was ranked as the best.

Here is the list:

1) Leopard II
2) M1 ABRAMS
3) T-34
4) Merkava MK3
5) Centurion
6) S Tank
7) T-72
8) Sheridan Tank M551
9) M4 Sherman

actually, the german panther was 8, sheridan was 9 and sherman was 10. the show was called greatest ever.

there was a better one called top 10 sometime back. according to them, the top 10 tanks ever are

1) T-34
2) M1A1
3) Tiger
4) WW1 british tank (forgot its name)
5) Centurion
6) Challenger
7) Panzer mark IV
8) T-54/55
9) Merkava series
10) Sherman

I think this list is a little better. they have only chosen tanks which have seen combat. they rated the tanks based on firepower, mobility, armour, fear factor, ease of production and number produced.

Won't Arjun classify as a heavy tank?

Contrary to what most say about it I quite like the Arjun and its associated weapon programs.

Due to its weight you are accurate in classifying it as a heavy tank as opposed to Al Khalid which I view as more of a medium tank.

it fully depend on crew 60% on crew and 40% on tank no one is better

The M1A1/M1A2 ABRAMS MBTs have proven themselves in several kinds of terrain including deserts, plains and even in urban regions. Such level of success should not be taken lightly.

In that show, the M1 ABRAMS was ranked as 2nd best MBT and the Leopard II was ranked as the best.

Here is the list:

1) Leopard II
2) M1 ABRAMS
3) T-34
4) Merkava MK3
5) Centurion
6) S Tank
7) T-72
8) Sheridan Tank M551
9) M4 Sherman

Zia was drawn out by a demonstration of M1 Abrahms tank prior to his fatal crash. If I remember the demo was a failure.
Araz

You must add Altay MBT to your list broes. Turkish Officers have promised to create a tank 3+ generation to be best in world and approximately 600 engineer have promised to prime minister Tayyip Erdogan to work hard for this purpose. i hope ALTAY team will done a good job.

Regards...

Video link:
CNN TÜRK.com

Photoes:
e0fffe1b413b12f906c235aa28828f89.jpeg

Last edited:
You must add Altay MBT to your list broes. Turkish Officers have promised to create a tank 3+ generation to be best in world and approximately 600 engineer have promised to prime minister Tayyip Erdogan to work hard for this purpose. i hope ALTAY team will done a good job.

to my knowledge this would be ToT of korean K-1 A1 or K-2. so is this the end of pakistan turkey co-production story for next generation tank?

How is everybody classifying a tank here? Is it the speed/mobility, fire power, armour, protection, survivability or just the 'khubsorati'?

How is everybody classifying a tank here? Is it the speed/mobility, fire power, armour, protection, survivability or just the 'khubsorati'?

I'm using the main three firepower, mobility and protection as well as combat performance which is why I rate a challenger 2 higher than in most of these polls as it is a battle tested system.

to my knowledge this would be ToT of korean K-1 A1 or K-2. so is this the end of pakistan turkey co-production story for next generation tank?

Turkey and South Korea are bringing their defense industries ever closer. Korean Defense Minister Sang-Hee Lee met with Turkish Defense Minister Vecdi Gönül yesterday for discussions on ongoing and future joint defense projects.

Gönül stated after meeting with his Korean counterpart that a deal on cooperation in Turkey's National Tank project will be signed tomorrow in the northwestern province of Sakarya, where a large factory belonging to the Turkish Otokar company, the project's contractor, is located. Works on the National Tank, that started two years ago, have now reached a certain point, Gönül said. The Otokar Company will receive technological aid from Korea, Gönül noted, and added that Lee will be present at the signing ceremony since the support is not so much between companies but is an intergovernmental effort. Gönül referred to an earlier project that Turkey and South Korea worked on together, the Thunder Howitzer Casa plane simulator, as well as the purchase and joint production of basic training aircraft. He also added that the Transportation Ministry is conducting important projects on railways with the Korean government. As a sign of Turkey's cooperation in the Korean War, Korea is now an important country for Turkey in the area of technology sharing, Gönül said.
Lee echoed Gönül's views and pointed to similar external threats that Turkey and Korea both have to tackle. Both countries' situation with regards to their neighbors are similar, and both countries are surrounded by ocean on three sides, said Lee, who is a former Korean chief of Staff. Turkey and the Korean Republic are taking major steps in defense, targeting 2020, he said. Turkey and Korea can also strengthen joint efforts in developing munitions carriers and shipbuilding, Lee noted, and stated that the tank project is a major step in bilateral defense cooperation. Korea adopted a policy of technology sharing to manufacture more advanced hardware rather than make mass purchases, Lee said, and added that the success achieved in the tank project can be repeated concerning torpedoes. Both ministers praised Turkey's participation in the Korean War in 1950-1953 and its significance in friendly bilateral relations.

Korea will transfer technologies for tank engines, transmissions, automatic gun loading devices, gun barrels and gun shells -- technologies which Hyundai Rotem and the Agency for Defense Development (ADD) have accumulated by developing K-1, K-1A1, and XK-2 tanks over the past three decades. They won't be licence production. S. Korea will share tech. above mentioned systems and Turkey will have selling rights all of them. Altay won't be sold only 3 country.These ones are Chine, N.Korea and Japan.

According to the western military experts the German Leopard, the British Challenger and the US M1 Abrams are the best tanks. These are nothing but western propaganda to sell their tanks. Russians have some of the best tanks in the world. Check this out:

[/url]

I don't know where you got the Idea that the British challenger tank is propaganda but the AMerican A-1 Abrams are
THey were the embarrassment during the gulf war and had to use British Chalenger Tanks to fight.

I don't know where you got the Idea that the British challenger tank is propaganda but the AMerican A-1 Abrams are
THey were the embarrassment during the gulf war and had to use British Chalenger Tanks to fight.

If I rmemeber correctly there was a piece of News about the communication systemon the challenger s conking out or not functioning properly resulting in a lot of difficulties to the crew.
WaSalam
Araz

^^^ i am sorry, a tank is as good as its crew. history is replete with stories of "inferior" tanks taking on "superior" and kicking the s*** out of them in tank battles and i am not referring to GI joe comics.

Back
Top Bottom