The development of the Type 097/098 is accomplished

it is a nuclear-powered submarine with up to 96 launch cells(CCL tubes)。

Possible congfigurations include:

(1)96 LACMs
(2)16 high-performance ballistic missiles
(3)12 advanced ballistic missiles + 26 LACMs
(4)8 ASBMs + 48 LACMs
(5)or any other combinations

But don't take it 100%; there is only one rumor that mentioned this.

Why is China talking about the 4th generation sub. Get the 3rd generation out first. The china media is starting to emulating Indian media. If there is one thing anyone should not copy from India, its their media.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/chines...-type-097-098-accomplished.html#ixzz2cIvFFDk1

The US had a similar approach with their fighter jet program. They went from generation 2 to developing the 4th (skipped the 3rd) and overtook the Russians. America ended up having 4th gen when the Russians were still busy rolling out their 3rd.

The US had a similar approach with their fighter jet program. They went from generation 2 to developing the 4th (skipped the 3rd) and overtook the Russians. America ended up having 4th gen when the Russians were still busy rolling out their 3rd.

Not really, the original F-4 is third generation and was in use in the thousands in three branches out of four.

Not really, the original F-4 is third generation and was in use in the thousands in three branches out of four.

Correct, but the US did not remain in that department for long. They went on to developing the the following 4th gen: F-14, F-15, F-16 and F-18. By the 90's they have already started rolling out their 5th gen F-22 Raptor.

Correct, but the US did not remain in that department for long. They went on to developing the the following 4th gen: F-14, F-15, F-16 and F-18. By the 90's they have already started rolling out their 5th gen F-22 Raptor.

Well i guess it's relative, but in service dates of F-4 and F-15 are 16 years apart. While it doesn't qualify as "too long" it certainly isn't a "short hop".
------------------------

Sry for off topic

Well i guess it's relative, but in service dates of F-4 and F-15 are 16 years apart. While it doesn't qualify as "too long" it certainly isn't a "short hop".
------------------------

Sry for off topic

I was more concerned about the developments. Things can take years if not decades to perfect and I am pretty certain developments of 4th gen was well and truly underway by the time F-4 started entering mass production.

Today what we are witnessing is nothing out of the ordinary, China is in a sense replicating what the US did decades ago. Hence we always see multiple projects running together and on similar time frames. In the end it will all come down to selecting what fits its criteria, budget and scenario best.

So, it should be this?

1st gen: Type 091/092
2nd gen: Type 091G/092G
3rd gen: Type 093/094
4th gen: Type 095/096

I heard that China's fourth gen nuclear sub will feature with the electric and pump-jet propulsion.

No, the Type 095/096 are third gen. The fourth generation submarines are rumored to have magnetohydrodynamic propulsion.

No, the Type 095/096 are third gen. The fourth generation submarines are rumored to have magnetohydrodynamic propulsion.

Then the fourth gen nuclear sub mentioned by the Vice Governor is still just accomplished on the paper, the countruction won't be started until 2025.

Even USA hasn't started to build their nuclear sub with the magnetohydrodynamic propulsion yet.

So, it should be this?

1st gen: Type 091/092
2nd gen: Type 091G/092G
3rd gen: Type 093/094
4th gen: Type 095/096

I heard that China's fourth gen nuclear sub will feature with the electric and pump-jet propulsion.

I believe Type 093 can be divided into two generations. Of course I have no evidence, as you know, submarine in China is the secret with highest priority.

There are very few sources more knowledgeable and reliable than vice-governor Tan Zuojun,who was the head of CSSC before being given the industry portfolio in Liaoning Province。

My take:

(1)4th gen sub with new general-purpose 96-cell VLS capable of launching different types of missiles,including MRBSs and LACMs
(2)Type 001A CV
(3)new stealth bomber under prototyping,maiden flight in 2014。

1. So you are thinking of a cruise missile sub? First in China, right?

2. Any indication on the characteristics of Type 001A? Only rumors so far... this is the first carrier, right?

3. Too optimistic? There have not even be good rumors on a stealth bomber. China has yet to build a heavy bomber yet.

Then the fourth gen nuclear sub mentioned by the Vice Governor is still just accomplished on the paper, the countruction won't be started until 2025.

Even USA hasn't started to build their nuclear sub with the magnetohydrodynamic propulsion yet.

4th generation will be competitive with current US subs, but I'm not sure about the Ohio-class, which seems to be far superior to all others (and Virginia-class).

4th generation will be competitive with current US subs, but I'm not sure about the Ohio-class, which seems to be far superior to all others (and Virginia-class).

Ohio class is just huge, but it is not technologically the most advanced SSBN.

It doesn't have the pump-jet propulsion, which is already equipped by France/UK/France.

Ohio class is just huge, but it is not technologically the most advanced SSBN.

It doesn't have the pump-jet propulsion, which is already equipped by France/UK/France.

Does China have such a sub class?

Also, I'm wondering as to whether or not any progress has been made on the noise reduction of the subs. I've seen articles describing how the sub's were easily caught at the first convergence zone by US subs.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom