What's new

The development of the Type 097/098 is accomplished

Ohio class is just huge, but it is not technologically the most advanced SSBN.

It doesn't have the pump-jet propulsion, which is already equipped by France/UK/France.

Does China have such a sub class?

Also, I'm wondering as to whether or not any progress has been made on the noise reduction of the subs. I've seen articles describing how the sub's were easily caught at the first convergence zone by US subs.

I was more concerned about the developments. Things can take years if not decades to perfect and I am pretty certain developments of 4th gen was well and truly underway by the time F-4 started entering mass production.

Today what we are witnessing is nothing out of the ordinary, China is in a sense replicating what the US did decades ago. Hence we always see multiple projects running together and on similar time frames. In the end it will all come down to selecting what fits its criteria, budget and scenario best.

lolo, i didn't answer since it was off topic but it seems the thread isn't going anywhere.

US never developed F-4 and F-14, -15 in unison. This is BS, just like above when you told they "skipped" a generation.

And i do understand what you mean, systems development to integrate when they are developed into next generation while current is still in production, it's just your choice of words and examples is lacking.

Whoever can answer that question ought to be arrested by either the Chinese or the Russians for spying on those respective countries to obtain that highly sensitive, secretive, and tightly-guarded information.

How about in general comparison?

Chinese latest 097 - 098 which is still in development is the 4th generation, should 4th gen is bellow 5th gen?

How about in general comparison?

Chinese latest 097 - 098 which is still in development is the 4th generation, should 4th gen is bellow 5th gen?

Generations have nothing to do with capability when it comes to submarines. It all depends on how one organizes the progression of their submarine designs.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom