What's new

The Domino Effect - Cricinfo

ZaYYaF

Reaction score
Hey people, I found some statistics (if you may call it) while browsing Cricinfo web. This article states the top ten batting collapses of the world cup, so far. One thing I am wondering is, we have been saying that the batting line-up of Pakistani team is weak and is susceptible to collapse, but looking at these results and not finding Team PK among the list, I have a question, can Pakistani batsmen really pull off in the remaining match(es)?

List in descending order:

No. 10

13/5 in 32 balls

West Indies v South Africa

No. 9

27/5 in 51 balls

Ireland v Bangladesh

No. 8

7/5 in 30 balls

Bangladesh v West Indies

No. 7

11/5 in 40 balls

West Indies v India

No. 6

3/4 in 21 balls

West Indies v England

No. 5

11/5 in 11 balls

India v England

No. 4

8/4 in 17 balls

England v India

No. 3

3/4 in 31 balls

South Africa v England

No. 2

14/5 in 53 balls

Bangladesh v England

No. 1

29/9 in 55 balls

India v South Africa

For full article, go to The Domino Effect | Venkataraghavan Srinivasan | Cricinfo

Hey people, I found some statistics (if you may call it) while browsing Cricinfo web. This article states the top ten batting collapses of the world cup, so far. One thing I am wondering is, we have been saying that the batting line-up of Pakistani team is weak and is susceptible to collapse, but looking at these results and not finding Team PK among the list, I have a question, can Pakistani batsmen really pull off in the remaining match(es)?

List in descending order:

No. 10

13/5 in 32 balls

West Indies v South Africa

No. 9

27/5 in 51 balls

Ireland v Bangladesh

No. 8

7/5 in 30 balls

Bangladesh v West Indies

No. 7

11/5 in 40 balls

West Indies v India

No. 6

3/4 in 21 balls

West Indies v England

No. 5

11/5 in 11 balls

India v England

No. 4

8/4 in 17 balls

England v India

No. 3

3/4 in 31 balls

South Africa v England

No. 2

14/5 in 53 balls

Bangladesh v England

No. 1

29/9 in 55 balls

India v South Africa

For full article, go to The Domino Effect | Venkataraghavan Srinivasan | Cricinfo

If you see all the 10 are from pool A. This only shows Pool A was keenly contested than Pool B which was rather a cakewalk for the Top 4 teams.

If you see all the 10 are from pool A. This only shows Pool A was keenly contested than Pool B which was rather a cakewalk for the Top 4 teams.

because the top 4 teams in group b were much stronger...

because the top 4 teams in group b were much stronger...

........in comparison to the associate teams which was not the case of Pool A which was much more tougher. Ireland, Bangladesh and Netherlands are anyday better than Kenya, Zimbabwe and Canada.

Thats why in the Semi finals- Three out of 4 teams are from group B- The way i see it Group B teams had a cakewalk against Group A teams in the quarters as well-

Thats why in the Semi finals- Three out of 4 teams are from group B- The way i see it Group B teams had a cakewalk against Group A teams in the quarters as well-

No that is a different issue. In the league stages Pool A was much more close than Pool B. In soccer parlance you can say Pool A was the Group of Death.

........in comparison to the associate teams which was not the case of Pool A which was much more tougher. Ireland, Bangladesh and Netherlands are anyday better than Kenya, Zimbabwe and Canada.

yr seriously shut up, 3 of the four finalists r from group B, doesnt it say enough???

No that is a different issue. In the league stages Pool A was much more close than Pool B. In soccer parlance you can say Pool A was the Group of Death.

Group A- because much close group because the two test playings England and West Indies terribly under perform- England unnecessary and unwarranted loss to Ireland and Bangladesh certainly made Group A interesting but not comparative.

Back
Top Bottom