What's new

The Horror's of the Taliban

How are these people orchestrating crimes of this magnitude unabated? In order to blow up buildings I assume one would have to rig it with enough explosives to tear it down sufficiently; where are they getting these explosives and how is it that nobody stops them from just going in and setting up the charges? Correct me if I'm wrong but none of these acts have been carried out as a "surprise attack"; these groups made vociferous public threats about their intent to blow up the schools in question and then made good on their threats. How and why do the local authorities tolerate such acts? This isn't an insurgency where you have militants infiltrating from elsewhere using religious overtures to garner public support... this is a case of local thugs and bullies just trying to show everyone who's boss. It doesn't seem like they have a lot of support and the government is obviously well aware of their intentions by now. Why not just stop them in their tracks?

There is no organisation named pakistan talaban in SWAT ,these are jehadi mullahs who have distructive mind set which is against islamic teachings.

Bullshit fazlullahs taliban militants are doing this. They call themselves swat taliban. I just watched a documentary on it yesterday.

Tehreek E Taliban=Tehreek E Kafireen. Death to them. According to Amanullah Khan any muslim who does jihad and kills a taliban has his name written in paradise. He is a martyr if he dies at hands of tehreek e kafireen. He will go straight to Jannah InshaAllah.

Therefore muslims should unite and beat the living **** out of taliban. Specially swat taliban are the worst of all taliban in all the other regions. These guys are pure agents and operatives. Pure evil!

Muslims should stop supporting or having mercy for such freaks. Also i find it hard to have any mercy on the afghan taliban seeing the work of their terrorist brothers here in pakistan. The only reason to have peace with afghan taliban maybe that their struggle is in afghanistan not here so we are hoping they will leave us alone. Otherwise there is absolutely nothing that is admirable about them.

ESHAWAR, Pakistan (AP) -- Bus drivers in northwest Pakistan have begun removing audio and video equipment from their vehicles after Taliban militants threatened suicide attacks against those who played music or movies for their passengers, an industry official said Tuesday.

Transport workers in Mardan town received letters this week from militants saying that buses offering such entertainment were guilty of spreading ''vulgarity and obscenity,'' Walid Mir, general secretary of the town's transport union, told The Associated Press.

The militants said they would check the buses and that suicide attacks would be carried out against vehicles that still had audio and video equipment -- prompting union members to act quickly, Mir said.

The Taliban letter complained that traveling in buses that provide audiovisual entertainment was a ''source of mental agony for pious people,'' according to a text obtained by AP.

''It is obligatory on us to stop such violations. We request you to remove the vulgar systems ... otherwise suicide bombers are ready,'' the letter said.

Mardan lies in the Northwest Frontier Province just outside Pakistan's volatile tribal belt where extremists among the Taliban, al-Qaida and local groups are waging a violent campaign against authorities in a bid to impose their strict interpretation of Islam.

Elsewhere in northwest Pakistan, extremists have targeted girls' schools, police posts and other symbols of authority.

In Afghanistan, the Taliban regime that was forced from power in late 2001 banned art, secular music and television, vandalized the national museum and destroyed artwork or statues deemed idolatrous or anti-Muslim.

Local police said they had no knowledge of the threat. ''Certainly, we can look into it if we receive a complaint,'' Mardan police chief Syed Akhtar Ali Shah said. Mir said the transport companies had no plans to make a report.

''We did not report it to police because it is a matter of human lives. What can the police can do? It involves the lives of hundreds of passengers, and we do not want to put them in danger,'' Mir said.

------

Associated Press reporters Asif Shahzad and Christopher Bodeen contributed to this report from Islamabad.

source : http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009...usic.html?_r=1

Kill these dogs, their demands should never be met
I heard sad news from my mother today when she was in Pakistan this summer/winter, she told me our villages are often visited by these taliban radicals and their friends who often loot villages or rob or kidnap people.
I've heard so much sad stories, even the Pakistani police is afraid of these bastards, it's so sickening and frustrating.

Scuffle over dress code

Friday, January 23, 2009
Militant, ex-Jihadi among three killed in Mingora

By our correspondent

MINGORA: Militants gunned down Amjad Islam, teacher of a private school who himself waged a Jihad against the Soviet forces in Afghanistan, for not hiking up his shalwar (trouser) above his ankles.

However, the issue did not end here but the militants went to the slain teacher’s house and gunned down his father, Ghani Akbar, a lawyer by profession. The militants later hung Amjad’s body from a pole in the Matta College Square.

Locals said that the militants on Thursday morning asked the teacher of the Hira School at the College Square to hitch up his shalwar above his ankles. However, Amjad told them he was a former Mujahid himself and knew everything about Islam but nobody could be forced to pull up shalwar above the ankles.

Continuing arguments, the teacher said that he had also saw the Taliban rule in Afghanistan who did not force into doing so, then how could they do? The arguments angered the militants and a scuffle took place. Amjad, who had a pistol, fired at the militants, killing Khalid on the spot and wounding two others.

The schoolteacher was trying to flee but the militants fired at him and attacked him with daggers. He was killed on the spot. His body was hung from a pole and warned the locals not to touch his body till Friday morning.

After killing the teacher, the militants scurried towards his house and dragged out his father, Sahibzada Ghani, and sprayed him with bullets. Locals said that Ghani was a religious and humble person and was respected in the area. The body of the schoolteacher, however, was taken to his house after the intervention of a local Jirga.

Scuffle over dress code

Going on 200 schools destroyed in Swat now - over 250 tribal elders massacred...

Last edited:
how is music against islam?
freakin idiots
their days in pakistan are numbered...

Yes....Pakistan has so many insurgencies now. It wasn't like this in the past if i remember correctly.

Pakistan only has one problem and that is Taliban. This should be described as a very bad law and order situation and not insurgency. Taliban have never claimed to break away from Pakistan. As per their version they want to create an islamic state and fight foreign forces in Afghanistan.

AM is right that should they succeed there will be one unified emirate no more Pakistan or Afghanistan.

Last edited:
How does Muslim religious top body works in Pakistan? Taliban is misusing ISLAM all over the world. So Pakistan failed to attack them as they are also muslims.
I am not sure about FATWA. Cant Muslim top leader of Islam ban all these FATWA's. Only one muslim committe at higher value system defines all these religious rules than every small leader announce crazy ideas.

Not to blame the posters here, But I suspect that most of the people here, who have been condemning the Taliban and their actions have also gladly welcomed the move by the militants, when they said that they wil stand and fight with the Pakistan Army if India were to try to do some mischief. Does any one have any kind of Justifications for that here? Do beasts like this deserve any kind of support even under the most trying timeS?

How does Muslim religious top body works in Pakistan? Taliban is misusing ISLAM all over the world. So Pakistan failed to attack them as they are also muslims.
I am not sure about FATWA. Cant Muslim top leader of Islam ban all these FATWA's. Only one muslim committe at higher value system defines all these religious rules than every small leader announce crazy ideas.

No 'top' Muslim leader style position (compared to the pope for catholics for example) exists in Islam. The Khomenei in Iran is the closest to that, but his influence is largely restricted to Iran.

Given the control the Mullah's wield over the Iranian state, its hard to say whether the Khomenei's influence would be as great as it is now in the absence of their hold on power.

Pakistan has an official 'Council of Islamic Ideology', composed of Ulema from variosu sects, which has issued many moderate rulings, including the recent one on womens rights in divorce, that made even the 'secular/moderate' PPP leaders go scuttling for cover in an attempt to appease conservatives. The CII has condemned taliban actions several times.

A few conferences of Ulema have also been held, the largest late last year, that have also condemned taliban tactics, but given the decentralized nature of Islam, the Taliban will get sanction for their actions from the local illiterate village Mullah, and that will be enough justification for some to support/join their cause.

Afghan girls maimed by acid vow to go to school

KABUL, Afghanistan (CNN) -- Shivering in pain and calling for her mother, Shamsia's hands shake uncontrollably, her eyes swollen shut and her skin peeling from terrible acid burns.

Shamsia and Atifa remain determined to get their education despite the attacks.

The 19-year-old was heading to school along with her 16-year-old sister, Atifa, in Kandahar, Afghanistan. It was a warm November morning last year and their only anxiety was being late for class.

"We saw two men up ahead staring at us. One was standing off and the other one was on their motorcycle. I wanted to go but there was a black object in his hand and he took it out," Atifa says.

The girls thought it was a water pistol. Watch acid attack in Afghanistan »

"He grabbed my arm and asked, 'Will you be going to school anymore?' He then threw acid on my sister and threw acid on me," Shamsia says.

They weren't the only ones attacked that day. Several other teachers and students were targeted on their way to Meir Weis Mena School in Kandahar, the nation's third-largest city and one where the Taliban have long been influential.

Atifa was burned so badly that her red scarf melted onto her dark brown hair.

Parents were so frightened that many students were kept at home for weeks afterward.

It's not the first time girls in Afghanistan have been targeted for attending school. The Taliban have been responsible for dozens of attacks on girls' schools and female teachers, but even they condemned this attack.

Kandahar was the headquarters for the Taliban during its five-year rule of Afghanistan and was home to Taliban Supreme Leader Mullah Omar.

During that time, girls were forbidden to attend school. If they tried to get an education, they risked beatings by the religious police, or worse. Parents and family members were threatened, and sometimes killed, for allowing their girls the chance to be educated.

Since the fall of the Taliban in 2001, the Afghan government has tried to extend access to education, with some success. About 6 million children attend schools throughout the country, 2 million of whom are girls, according to government figures.

The case of Shamsia and Atifa gained national and international attention. See how you can help

Don't Miss
Teen trained to be suicide bomber feels tricked
'Afghan Star' seeks talent, bridges gaps
Impact Your World
See how you can make a difference
"A real man would never throw acid on the face of a little girl, a real man wouldn't even want to make a little girl unhappy," Afghan President Hamid Karzai said shortly after the attack. "Beside it being a cowardly act, it is an un-Islamic act."

Laura Bush, the first lady of the United States at the time who advocated for the education of girls in Afghanistan, called the attacks a "cowardly and shameful" act.

"My heart goes out to the victims and their families as they recover from this cruel attack," she said.

A few weeks after the attacks, the story took a strange turn.

The governor of Kandahar announced that 10 men had been arrested and some had confessed.

But none was seen until a video made by Afghan Intelligence was released by the Interior Ministry, and aired on Afghan State Television in late December.

One of the accused, Jalil, said in the video that a major in the ISI, or Pakistani intelligence unit, approached him and offered him the equivalent of $2,000 for each attack.

"He told me I will give 200,000 Pakistani rupees for a teacher's death, 300,000 for burning a school, and 100,000 for throwing acid on a schoolgirl," Jalil said, seeming frightened and agitated as he looked into the camera.

He said the major gave him a letter for the Pakistani Consulate in Kandahar, where he received the money.

But President Karzai seemed intent on defusing any tensions with Pakistan stirred by the release of the video.

During a news conference earlier this month in Kabul with Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari, Karzai said that in this case, Pakistan displayed real cooperation to find the culprit. In the past, Karzai has often accused Pakistani officials of being involved in terrorism in Afghanistan and supporting the Taliban.

"For the first time, we had a very sincere and brotherly approach to the issue, which is of satisfaction to us and I hope we can succeed together," Karzai said.

Pakistani officials tell CNN that the claims about the consulate's involvement are "hogwash."

For once, the attacks have not set off tit-for-tat accusations between the Afghan and Pakistani governments, as both countries deal with the extremists working to keep girls from getting an education.

None of the men who appeared on the video has had his day in court.

The victims have their own ideas for justice.

"Their punishment should be that they should have acid thrown on their faces in front of me. Just like they threw acid on me, we should throw acid on them," Shamsia says.

But her greatest revenge, she says, is an education.

When asked if she would stop attending school, Shamsia was quick with her response. "Why wouldn't I want to come to school? I want our country to persevere. I have to do something for my country, I must go
Afghan girls maimed by acid vow to go to school - CNN.com

Not to blame the posters here, But I suspect that most of the people here, who have been condemning the Taliban and their actions have also gladly welcomed the move by the militants, when they said that they wil stand and fight with the Pakistan Army if India were to try to do some mischief. Does any one have any kind of Justifications for that here? Do beasts like this deserve any kind of support even under the most trying timeS?

Oh certainly we welcomed it. Indian aggression would have meant an immediate and severe threat to the territorial integrity of Pakistan and even her existence. The Taliban in supporting Pakistan against India would not have been fighting the PA, and would therefore at that time pose no or little threat to Pakistan.

The same relationship exists with India in a way - so long as India does not threaten us, and seeks to advance the Indo-Pak relationship through cooperation, compromise and shared interests, India can be a good friend, and will in her own way assist our fight against the Taliban.

However if India chooses to go the route it had appeared to have chosen in the early days after Mumbai, of belligerence, arrogance, hostility and warmongering, then it gets the same treatment the Taliban do - a clenched fist of a response, and the Taliban, if they choose to assist instead of fighting the Pakistani state, are definitely allies at that time.

Afriend,.

As horrible as the acid attack on teh school girls was, I'd like to keep this thread limited to the Taliban atrocities (against civilians) in Pakistan.

There are 'complications' that arise in the discourse when Afghanistan is brought into the mix - the dynamics are not quite the same ...

Oh certainly we welcomed it. Indian aggression would have meant an immediate and severe threat to the territorial integrity of Pakistan and even her existence. The Taliban in supporting Pakistan against India would not have been fighting the PA, and would therefore at that time pose no or little threat to Pakistan.

The same relationship exists with India in a way - so long as India does not threaten us, and seeks to advance the Indo-Pak relationship through cooperation, compromise and shared interests, India can be a good friend, and will in her own way assist our fight against the Taliban.

However if India chooses to go the route it had appeared to have chosen in the early days after Mumbai, of belligerence, arrogance, hostility and warmongering, then it gets the same treatment the Taliban do - a clenched fist of a response, and the Taliban, if they choose to assist instead of fighting the Pakistani state, are definitely allies at that time.

If you certainly welcome such a inhuman group of people and if the country is ready to take such a group as its allies, then it definitely reeks of hypocrisy. It would not take much time for someone to deduce that Pakistan territory is a breeding ground for LeT and the likes of it, as long as it does not pose a threat internally to Pakistan. It is the same kind of Suicide bombers who brought Mumbai to its knees on several times and halted it for 5 long days with that gun battle. The same kind of militants who attacked the Parliament. What you said amounts to Pakistan supporting any kind of criminal activity as long it is not directly affected. This also reflects the mentality of the people. Isnt it?

Back
Top Bottom